• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: TZ350 Today, 06:12 Go to last post
    Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: WALRUS Today, 16:03 Go to last post
    Voltaire

Classics on Trade Me

Thread Starter: Voltaire

30's meets modern BMW http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=950908075 Nice Monza http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=948469965

Last Post By: Voltaire Today, 13:10 Go to last post
    skinman

New to me bike :)

Thread Starter: skinman

I have just recently switched from the BMW 1150RT to the BMW F800ST as I was finding the weight of the RT an issue for everyday use however if you want to do big k rides these are one of the best for both rider & pillion. My first impressions of the F800 are that it lacks weather protection...

Last Post By: FLUB Today, 02:03 Go to last post
    TCN

Building a Racer Rep for the Road

Thread Starter: TCN

Hi all, Currently in the process of gathering old parts for a 1996 GSXR 750, and the plan is to build up a endurance racer rep, and hopefully make it just road legal. I've been scouring the pages and calling the certers to try and get an idea of what might be involved, but some of it seems a...

Last Post By: TCN Yesterday, 20:31 Go to last post
    Oakie

There's a bike-sized hole in my soul

Thread Starter: Oakie

So it's all over. Due to the lingering effects of my redundancy in March and other circumstances - I have, with huge regret, sold my bike. My bike departed under it's new owner a couple of Sundays ago bound for Wellington. End of an era and its more than just saying goodbye to the best bike I've...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:56 Go to last post
    Drenai Knight

Kawasaki KR150A CDI what the hell does it look like. And where can i get one?

Thread Starter: Drenai Knight

I have searched the interwebs long and hard and the only pics that come up are of this CDI that obviously does not fit the A model so what does it look like and where can i buy one. also here is a pic of my loom if anyone can tell me where it should be. Cheers.

Last Post By: husaberg Today, 11:55 Go to last post
    geoffm

beginner dirt trail bike

Thread Starter: geoffm

I have been riding road bikes for years although not so much if late due to work at. My 9yo recently got a PW80 which he rides around the lawn. I have been thinking he might like to try some low key trail rides. Means I should get a bike as well. Any suggestions for bikes up to $2.5k for 50yo...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:53 Go to last post
    Daffyd

2018 Jawa Review.

Thread Starter: Daffyd

Some of us oldies will remember the two stroke Jawas from the 60's. Well, there's three new models out and they're all updated. Review from India's Car & Bike. 2018 Jawa Bike First Ride Review We spend some time with the new Jawa, which has made a comeback with an all-new four-stroke...

Last Post By: Navy Boy Today, 06:01 Go to last post
    rok-the-boat

BMW 1150GS subframe

Thread Starter: rok-the-boat

Mine has done 115,000km and the subframe paint needs attention. I have looked it over, and also in the manual; it seems to me I should be able to remove the entire subframe from the bike. Just looks like it will need supporting underneath as the rear shock top mount is on the subframe. Am I right?...

Last Post By: BASS-TREBLE Today, 07:18 Go to last post