• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: onearmedbandit Today, 09:10 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Yesterday, 15:59 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: pritch Today, 09:22 Go to last post
  • Site Changes

by Published on 9th February 2011 15:33
    1. Categories:
    2. Site Changes

Bike Picture of the Week/Year

I have just added a Picture of the Week/Year to the site.

You can submit up to 3 pictures at anytime from one of your public albums. The submit link is on the view picture page. You also need to make albums viewable by Everyone or Registered Members in your Profile Privacy.

You must have taken the picture yourself, or have permission from the image owner.
    All images must be motorcycle related in some way.

View/remove your currently submitted pictures from the Community -> My Albums link.

The POTW page shows all pictures submitted. From there you can pick your 1st (3 points), 2nd (2 points) and 3rd (1 point) favorite pictures. You can change your vote/s at anytime.

If you delete your submitted picture from your album, your entry into the POTW/Y will be removed, even if you have won POTW.

At the end of the week, the picture with the most points, then total votes, then submitted earliest, will be posted on the homepage as that weeks winner.

At the end of the year, all the week winners can be voted for The Picture Of The Year.

I am going to look into getting sponsorship for the POTW, so we can offer a prize to the winner of The Picture Of The Year.
    by Published on 24th February 2010 09:01
    1. Categories:
    2. Site Changes

I've upgraded to vB 4.0.2 which has many bug fixes.

Just some of the over 200 bug fixes:

• [Groups] The "View All Groups" page needs significant improvements
    • [IE6] Various IE 6 Compatibility issues
    • [Lightbox] Date and name overlap in the Lightbox if the picture is relatively small
    • [Member Profile] Fixed Blog Tab and Custom Tab problem in Member Profile page.
    • [Search] "Find All Threads" by person
    • [Search Results] Miscellaneous Search Bug fixes.
    • [Settings] User link broken in Settings -> New Visitor Messages
    • [Smilies] Smilies not resizing in Smilie Box
    • [Updated UI] User Settings Pages
    • [Updated UI] Registration Screens
    • [Updated UI] Advanced Search Pages
    • [Updated UI] Moderation Pop-up Menu

Currently the only style compatible with 4.0.2 is The Light Universe. I am still working on making The Dark Zone work with this new version.

Any problems, post them here.
    by Published on 2nd January 2010 11:31
    1. Categories:
    2. Site Changes

Over 6 hours. That's gotta be the longest an upgrade has taken.

This upgrade is a work in progress, as there is still much to do. I have modified the code for my Trader, Calendar, Event Attendance, Image Browser & Censor mods to work with the new software, but have still to do the following:

Quote Notification
    Profile Rep Stats
    Fallen Bikers page
    JavaChat Integration
    Force Style for Selected Users or Groups
    PM Reply to all
    Flame Warrior

Mods awaiting an update
    Advanced Forum Statistics
    Social Group Calendars
    v3 Arcade
    vBTubePRO
    KB Spy
    Wiki single login

The old Dark Zone style is not compatible with the new version. As soon as I find a dark style I like, I will add it to the site.

All your images from Blogs, Social Groups, Albums and Posts are now in a central pool which is controlled via an enhanced attachment uploading window. You may need to enable it your settings.

Image censoring has also changed. Now all iffy images need to be in a folder called "pr0n". You can have as many pr0n folders as you like anywhere in the folder tree. Again you may need to enable enhanced attachment uploading in your settings. So yes, you will now need to go through all your images and drag & drop all the naughty ones into a pr0n folder.

Until I've sorted the Wiki single login, you will need to login to the Wiki seperatly using your KB login name. New Wiki accounts have also been disabled. If you have content to add to the Wiki and don't have a login, let me know.

It will be several weeks before I've finished coding and sorting the new look.

Anything not working as it should, let me know here.
    by Published on 21st November 2009 08:01
    1. Categories:
    2. Site Changes

Kiwi Biker Mailer

To help keep everyone informed about any protest actions against the ACC Levies, I have brought Email Marketing software from ActiveCampaign. The software allows you to easily unsubscribe from it's mailing lists, so we can send emails about any related event/info without worrying about annoying people.

Non Kiwi Biker members can sign up to it's mailing lists without having to register with KB by visiting the following URL. Previous mail outs can also be viewed here.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/mailer/

If you have email lists of people wanting to be kept informed about ACC protest actions that you wish to add, just email them to me and I can add them for you.

If you want something to be emailed out to all subscribers, send the email/thread link to me. It can be any ACC protest action, biker levy related or not.

We currently have over 17,000 subscribers we can email about your ACC protest action.

by Published on 5th August 2009 18:47
    1. Categories:
    2. Site Changes

New Zealand motorcycle wiki
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/

We have created a new space for Kiwi bikers to place their knowledge of motorcycling in New Zealand. Ever made/seen a post in the forums that was really informative, only to be lost in the deluge of drivel. Now you can place that info in the wiki where it can be easily found and referenced.

The wiki uses KB logins, so it will log you in automatically. Any member can add or update pages.

Remember, just like Kiwi Biker, we have created the wiki space.
    It's up to you to provide the content.