• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: pete376403 Today, 08:15 Go to last post
    Autech

MotoGP 2021

Thread Starter: Autech

Okay I'll start the new year's thread this time to save Merv doing it. Got a big shuffle in teams for this one boys, lets hope Ducati have finally cracked on to a good combination with Miller and Bags after so many years. I'm also hoping Aprilia will have fixed their engine gremlins from...

Last Post By: jim.cox Yesterday, 17:09 Go to last post
    Jeeper

New bike recommendation

Thread Starter: Jeeper

Thinking about changing my bike. Bought the BMW G310GS about 3 years ago purely for commuting as it was really comfortable for my size. COVID took care of the commuting problem (mostly work from home now). What I was looking at now is something that can actually do some out of city travelling...

Last Post By: Jeeper Yesterday, 09:29 Go to last post
    MajorTom

Front brake line burst... I'm off in 10 days.

Thread Starter: MajorTom

Just had the front brake line burst on the '01 BMW r1150gs. :facepalm: I'm leaving in 10 days for the Burt Munro .. supposed to anyway. OPTIONS: -Call Cyclospot first thing tomorrow to see if they got a replacement that they can sell me or if they can fit me in for a service in the next...

Last Post By: scumdog Yesterday, 20:29 Go to last post
    OopsClunkThud

Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Q&A

Thread Starter: OopsClunkThud

Starting this thread to share tips and tricks for simulating 2D and 3D flows in engines. The hope is that we can build up a database of tools and common settings/methods that deliver reliable results, and that this will allow us to investigate and validate engine design ideas. There are many tools...

Last Post By: OopsClunkThud Yesterday, 11:19 Go to last post
    parsley

Honda Hornet - when to replace?

Thread Starter: parsley

I have a 2008 Honda Hornet 900 that I love but it's starting to get a bit long in the tooth. It's done 95,000 kms and there's some vibration that I'm told might be the engine/gearbox bearings going which would require a full teardown. Any opinions on whether it's worth keeping going for a few years...

Last Post By: Gremlin Yesterday, 20:24 Go to last post