Thread: Gb500 tt

Bike
    GB500

Gb500 tt

My GB500 TT has been garaged since 2012.
    I have taken it out for a ride each time I am back home but now its time to let her go for good.

The bike will be available to view from October 6. I will be leaving the country again early November. If your interested in a test ride it you should do it while I am in town.

The bike is not currently registered and no WOF but that's easily taken care of.

I don't have a lot of details about this bikes history but it was previously owned by a guy who had this and a GB400. He definitely looked after them both and is an avid enthusiast. I have done limited work to it while I have had it (I left NZ within a year of buying it) other than changing fluids and battery. I've taken it for a few road trips and it performs just fine. I rode it from Wellington to Greymouth, Kaikoura and back. Then to Tauranga. No issues at all.

It has 57596 ks on the clock.
    The electric starter doesn't work unless the engine is already warm (works better in summer) but it kicks over with some oomph. Apparently the starter clutch bearings need to be replaced.
    The tank paint work is in great condition, I think there is one small dent from the handle bar, very common for this bike from what I hear.
    Tires are in reasonable condition.
    The seats material insert was replaced in 2011 with a red vinyl that matches the tank better and is as new. The original vinyl has the TT symbol.
    The front guard has been replaced with a shorter stainless steal version (not in photo). It looks better, I think I still have the original but it would need to be stripped etc.
    I replaced the horn! Much better now.
    I accidentally broke the headlight mounts last time I was in the country. I've looked around for new ones but I couldn't see any available at the time. I dont think they need to be specific to the GB500 though. I will sort out a temp fix next week and see if a local shop can find replacements.
    Replaced either the front or rear indicators as well. I will update with more info next week when I'm back in NZ!

There's also a rack that mounts onto the rear, good for tying a backpack to. A little rusty in spots though.
    There's also a box of parts like a spare carburetor, some electrical parts etc. Its been a while since I went through everything.

cheers,
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda_Pikok.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	328.1 KB 
ID:	339005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda_Eastborne.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	329.7 KB 
ID:	339006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	168557_10150378775405484_4828604_n.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	339077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	164327_10150378775435484_1947469_n.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	339078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	162762_10150381110420484_6293949_n.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	339079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	164128_10150381110285484_48840_n.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	339080  

Bike
    Street Triple R
    That is very good buying at that price.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    That is very good buying at that price.
    Agree thats a cool bike

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Yep cheap as = sold the GB400 for more than that. Not going to make the overpriced tread!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmm so tempting. My only problem is i need to get it to my old mans place in Katikati....and I am currently overseas. What's it cost to ship a bike these days?
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Hmmmm so tempting. My only problem is i need to get it to my old mans place in Katikati....and I am currently overseas. What's it cost to ship a bike these days?
    Biketranz will do you a quote online if you go onto their website, be somewhere round 500 at a guess

Bike
    GB500

kaikati

Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Well I might be willing to ride it up to you. I would like to take it for one last trip spin.
    I would need to get the bike registered and WOF.
    If your willing to make a deposit (40%) I could sort everything out and get it to Katikati.

Kilometers on the clock: 57596
    more details in original post.

Mike

Bike
    motocompo
    I have access to a large van going Wellington to Tauranga next week with room for said GB.
    A donation towards fuel may help secure transportation.
    Dropping it to Katikati by way of ride would be in the name of sport.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Nah have decided against it - I've concluded that I have owned too many GB's (4) and now I just need to move on. (SOMEONE SELL ME A KATANA!)
    Thanks for the offers everyone.
    I hope someone else picks this up. They are fantastic bikes, and even though they are honda's you don't feel homosexual at all riding one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVRODdXVI3Q
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    MT09, XT250
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas;1131112400
    I hope someone else picks this up. They are fantastic bikes, and even though they are honda's you don't feel homosexual at all riding one.

[url
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVRODdXVI3Q[/url]

Oh good .......I'm probably going to look like a girl riding it! and I have also had a few Hondas (CD200, CBR250R, VFR400) previously.

It might be just the thing for me to scoot out for coffee on.....I plan to find out

Bike
    Dr650

Gb500

Quote Originally Posted by mokosan View Post
    My GB500 TT has been garaged since 2012.
    I have taken it out for a ride each time I am back home but now its time to let her go for good.

The bike will be available to view from October 6. I will be leaving the country again early November. If your interested in a test ride it you should do it while I am in town.

The bike is not currently registered and no WOF but that's easily taken care of.

I don't have a lot of details about this bikes history but it was previously owned by a guy who had this and a GB400. He definitely looked after them both and is an avid enthusiast. I have done limited work to it while I have had it (I left NZ within a year of buying it) other than changing fluids and battery. I've taken it for a few road trips and it performs just fine. I rode it from Wellington to Greymouth, Kaikoura and back. Then to Tauranga. No issues at all.

It has 57596 ks on the clock.
    The electric starter doesn't work unless the engine is already warm (works better in summer) but it kicks over with some oomph. Apparently the starter clutch bearings need to be replaced.
    The tank paint work is in great condition, I think there is one small dent from the handle bar, very common for this bike from what I hear.
    Tires are in reasonable condition.
    The seats material insert was replaced in 2011 with a red vinyl that matches the tank better and is as new. The original vinyl has the TT symbol.
    The front guard has been replaced with a shorter stainless steal version (not in photo). It looks better, I think I still have the original but it would need to be stripped etc.
    I replaced the horn! Much better now.
    I accidentally broke the headlight mounts last time I was in the country. I've looked around for new ones but I couldn't see any available at the time. I dont think they need to be specific to the GB500 though. I will sort out a temp fix next week and see if a local shop can find replacements.
    Replaced either the front or rear indicators as well. I will update with more info next week when I'm back in NZ!

There's also a rack that mounts onto the rear, good for tying a backpack to. A little rusty in spots though.
    There's also a box of parts like a spare carburetor, some electrical parts etc. Its been a while since I went through everything.

cheers,
    M

Hi looks great, I am in Wellington and if still available i would love to look at it, email srhwgtn@gmail.com thanks

Thread Information