Thread: GSR600 for sale.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike

GSR600 for sale.

With huge regret, multiple changes in my life mean I must sell my baby.
    She is a 2006 GSR600, first registered 2007 and has just under 50,000 kms on the clock. I am the second owner, the first being a ‘careful lady owner’ ... who still managed to let it fall over on her while stopped. This accounts for the small scuff on the right side. (not on the tank)
    It is built around a standard GSXR600 engine that is tuned to put the torque down lower in the rev range for a less revvy ride. I don’t recall ever having to take it over 8000rpm and usually pootled around between 4k and 5k. The frame is sorted to provide an upright riding style so minimises pressure on the wrists/shoulders/back. It’s not so much a ‘crotch-rocket’ as a ‘gentleman’s bike’ giving a less stressed engine and more comfortable rider. (Still easily capable of losing your licence on it though if that’s your thing).
    Around town it gets about 16km/l and on it’s recent big trip it returned over 20km/l.
    Warranted and registered until May 2019.
    The good:
     Heated handgrips
     Ventura pack rack
     Mini windscreen (surprisingly effective)
     New sprockets, chain and brake pads (both ends) 500 kms ago
     Oil and filter 700kms ago
     Crash bungs on frame (previous owner)
     Security coded key with a spare key provided
    The not so good:
     Right rear indicator was damaged when the bike fell over with previous owner but had been supported by duct tape during my 4.5 years ownership and has not needed to be replaced. I do have the replacement indicator and this will be provided to the successful purchaser
    Rear tyre presently has 4.1 mm tread depth in the middle of the tyre. The front tyre has 3.2mm but will probably expire after the rear tyre. (min legal tread depth is 1.5mm).
    You can be confident that this bike won’t cost you anything but petrol for a while after you buy it.
    Nothing else to report. It runs like a dream. Last big trip was Christchurch to Dunedin and return. 30 degrees on the way down then on the way home, pouring rain to Timaru followed by a howling Canterbury nor-wester. The bike handled it all with no dramas and didn’t miss a beat. It has been used mostly as a commuter bike though.
    The bike has been workshop serviced through my ownership with the goal of getting 100,000kms out of it. I’m confident with it will get there with continued normal servicing.
    I’m no longer using it apart from a 20 minute ‘maintenance’ ride every fortnight and a 5 minute run in the garage every other fortnight. I would like to do one more decent trip on it before I close this chapter in my life so will probably be sold at a bit under 51,000 kms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	480.3 KB 
ID:	339322  
    Grow older but never grow up

Thread Information