Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Limbimtimwim takes a mighty dump on the US of A

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.

Limbimtimwim takes a mighty dump on the US of A

I have being mucking around in San Francisco for the last 3 days. I have enjoyed it quite a bit. I took a lot of photos. But my primary reason for being in San Francisco was to purchase a moooww-terr-sickle.

I have now purchased a moooww-terr-sickle and intend of riding it from San Fran to Miami. Or somewhere close to it. Today I took delivery of my (new to me) GSXR600 Alstare replica with an amazing 980 Miles (yes miles) on the clock. I won't say "there isn't a scratch on her" because there are two scratches on it. But it rides like a new bike. Actually I suspect the suspension has being twiddled a little bit because the suspension is quite soft and it has felt like it has wallowed a couple of times on the trip down. That could be the massive preponderance of luggage and me on the bike.

Here is said bike:

So today after faffing around until about 3:00 working out how to get those bags on I finally made my way out of San Francisco and over the Golden Gate bridge for a looksie. Damnit I didn't take the correct turn off and missed the good viewing spot, instead I came back and stopped at the lame one. Some kid asked for my photo on the 'cool bike'. Thanks kid. Looks like it's vomit coloured to me, but there you go.

Here is the view from the lame spot:

Then I started down the pacific coast highway. Despite the clear blue skies, it's quite chilly and I stopped at a lighthouse place to put on some more clothes. It's a hostel now and it like a pretty cool one, but it was a bit too early stop yet.

Tonight I am in a so-so hotel in a place to Capitola. Capitola is a really cool place I have never heard of. I will take pictures in the morning, though pictures in the evening would have being better, I neglected to take my camera with me to town where I found a chicken burrito that I quite liked.

More pictures tomorrow, I was pretty eager to get going so just went for it.

Bike
    Goose
    I love the new "tourer" dude! We both had a good giggle at that...

BTW, what happened to the ST?... hmmm?
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    I love the new "tourer" dude! We both had a good giggle at that...

BTW, what happened to the ST?... hmmm?
    An FJ1300 would be better. So would a Honda ST1300, or some BMW thing.

But how could I ever show my face again if I got one of those?!?

Actually it's pretty good. The seat/tank interface does attack ones special parts little, but the super fat front end keeps your legs sort of out of the wind. And it's so quiet I don't think I am going to bother with ear plugs.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    hey matey..

great to see that you landed ok...

meet any sick pigs yet?....

but great photo's!!!

let me know when you reach Miami, i'll email my mate ( he is the one who owns the turbo)
    to see if he could show you around eh....
    he is into photograhy stuff too....

make sure that WHEN your talking to the cop, you have your hands in the air... OR they have their gun still in their holster..

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    You bastard! Its one of my dream to ride around that place! Good luck with you trip and I look foward to keeping tabs on your cool trip!
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike

Oh yessssssssssssss

I should put in a plug for SF Moto in San Francisco, they were great. Very helpful people. Nice shop, lots of scooters. Especially bigger ones, which we don't see too much of in NZ.

Noelle there helped me get some insurance and breakdown cover. I had being put onto some earlier but the silly person there wasn't very helpful and then went on holiday so I went elsewhere. Noelle coped with my endless "Oh yeah, that's right I also need.." while answering the phone and sorting everyone else out.

Mike sorted me with some Shift kevlar jeans, some MASSIVE fabric panniers and some knee armour to wear under the jeans for a nice price too.

Love you guys, well done!

http://www.sfmoto.com/

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Stoked for ya bro, but this thread is nothing, without the photo you are meant to be getting for me.

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Couple places you really need to see.. If you get around san diego.. Make a stop close to the navel base. Lotta hot shit planes dicing over the ocean and huge ships .. Would get some great snaps there
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    GL1800
    Good on ya Matey - what an adventure!! WOW. Am lookin forward to following your travels!

I did something similair MANY years ago on a GL1500 with trailer, enjoying KOA hospitality along the way.

Have a blast and safe travels

Shafty
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Nice!! Crank the preload on the rear. It's designed for a 60kg Asian midget.

Wear ear plugs. The bike might be quiet, but the wind noise is still beyond safe industrial limits. When your hearing goes, it doesn't come back. This is my only remaining "safety" lecture. The rest have been discarded for the bullshit they are.

Watch out for big wildlife once you hit t the wilds. The big stuff is both bigger and more plentiful than it is here and some of it can eat you once it has knocked you off.

Let me know if you are going to Portland, I have a fiend there who would be happy (in a non-Pulp Fiction way) to help out if you need it.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Have a great trip man and look out for .
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shafty View Post

......., enjoying KOA hospitality along the way.
    :
    wow .. some of the best weekends i dont remember were spent at the KOA's
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Super awesome.

Moar photos plz.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Various things

Noice one mate!

The ride down the Pacific Coast is fucking gorgeous and awesome!

Bike
    None any more
    Ah. Serious nostalgia moment. There's nothing quite like riding one's own bike across the Golden Gate Bridge.

And California 1 north from San Fran rocks. Stop for lunch at Port Reynes Station.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information