Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Your Favourite Road (North Island)

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    If you are riding the Kohukohu to Ahipara section then the short sealed bit from the Kohukohu end of the Rawene ferry to Pangaru and back is well worth the effort. All sealed and three small ridges to climb up and over with a small winding valley between each ridge. And the road is sufficiently different that the corners on the way back flow completely differently to the way there. Guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone other than those on full dress tourers.
    Now, now, that's a bit discriminatory. Did you mean cross dress tourers?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    If you are riding the Kohukohu to Ahipara section then the short sealed bit from the Kohukohu end of the Rawene ferry to Pangaru and back is well worth the effort. All sealed and three small ridges to climb up and over with a small winding valley between each ridge. And the road is sufficiently different that the corners on the way back flow completely differently to the way there. Guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone other than those on full dress tourers.
    When I rode from Ahipara 7 or 8 years ago, the road was sealed the whole way, although not in good condition in a couple of places.

You can also get to the Kohukohu end by turning off SH1 at Mangamuka.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    thought I might add the gentle Annie ride
    most definitely a challenging ride.

Done round the block twice from Napier....Taihape(Gentle Annie)..... Waiouru..... Turangi....Taupo....Napier.
    Its a smidge over 400km but a great ride on a good day.

Done it twice from the Napier side but it wasnt until I did it the second time that I realised the Gentle Annie bit....bit of a hill, eh?.

Better get the Napier Taupo ride in soon as the speed limit is dropping to 80km for two thirds of it on the 18th Feb.....you know why.

Thread Information