Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How do I get the Mrs out riding?

Bike
    Sold

I'm not a lady but......

Quote Originally Posted by Bend-it View Post
    The Mrs is a risk-averse, play it safe, almost obsessively so kinda person, and I'm the opposite... She has her own gear and all, and been on the back of my bikes several times, maybe 10 times in the past 5 years, but I've always felt like she comes on the bike just because I'd like her to...

She's ridden a 50cc automatic scooter I had several lives ago, up and down our street, never exceeding 30kph, and thought that was fun but scary.

So ladies... How do I get her into riding? Just buy a learner friendly bike, and leave it in the garage with a pink ribbon around it? Kidnap her and leave her somewhere with only a bike to get home on?

Or is it a lost cause?

P.S. Ohhh, and we have a (as of 3 June 2009) 9-day old baby girl... Yayyy!!
    It's not a lost cause but you must be sure to make it an enjoyable (from her point of view) experience for her to be on the bike with you! (practice empathy)

Secretly I always look forward to hearing Mrs o/r's (unsolicited) response when we get home...."Oh what a lovely ride"....YES!

Of course I always attempt to take liberties and push the envelope out, little by little! (it's what we do)

Congratulations on the new baby, if you can persuade her to have one of those, getting her on the back seat of the bike should be a breeze! Good luck!

Bike
    1990 Honda CBR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bend-it View Post
    The Mrs is a risk-averse, play it safe, almost obsessively so kinda person, and I'm the opposite... She has her own gear and all, and been on the back of my bikes several times, maybe 10 times in the past 5 years, but I've always felt like she comes on the bike just because I'd like her to...
    2009) 9-day old baby girl... Yayyy!!
    Congrats on the little one! I sound very similar to your wife, i have always been the kind of person that has thought of the consequences, and if i could get hurt then i wont do it. But when my husband bought his bike, i decided i should learn too.. At first i used to hold on really tight and was really scared.
    We also have a little girl, born in Jan 09 so i get a bit worried,if something was to happen to me - how would she feel. so i think the best thing to do is talk to her heaps about bikes and get her excited about them - that what my hubby has done with me. he shows me bikes all the time and talks about things. It makes me want to ride hope that helps a little.

Thread Information