111. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Bain

56 50.45%
  • Robin Bain

44 39.64%
  • Someone else

11 9.91%
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bain, what's the answer going to be?

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by ynot slow View Post
    I posted something like that a while back,why couldn't the old man do it,but got caught by David,who in rage shot his old man,far fetched but hey.Depends who puts a better argument to jury really,this time the so called defence experts haven't really convinced me on what I have read or heard,be good to have been in courtroom throughout.

The problem with the old man as the 'doer' was that he did not have any of Stevens blood on him.

There has certainly been plenty of doubt and speculation but there is no evidence other than David Bain being the perp.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Short Circuit has put forward a very valid possibility that neither the prosecution nor the defence have picked up on. Because it hasn't been put to the jury as a possibility they are not able to choose this as a verdict. But they can still convict David of killing Robin and find him not guilty of the rest of the murders.

This scenario does have some validity though as there has been no real evidence as to the order in which the victims died and no motive for David having killed anyone other than Robin.

My vote if I was a member of the jury:

Guilty to the murder of Robin Bain.
    Not guilty to the other 4 murders.
    Time to ride

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post
    If you stick him back in jail its going to cost the tax payers to keep him there. Release him and he gets a job or studies or whatever but actually contributes a lot more to society than sitting in a cell.

Who is he going to endanger if you release him? I would happily have David as my neighbour he isn't a threat to anyone.
    Done deal then,sleep well,guilty or not if he moved in next door to me then one of us would be moving shortly after.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Yahmama
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Short Circuit has put forward a very valid possibility that neither the prosecution nor the defence have picked up on. Because it hasn't been put to the jury as a possibility they are not able to choose this as a verdict. But they can still convict David of killing Robin and find him not guilty of the rest of the murders.

This scenario does have some validity though as there has been no real evidence as to the order in which the victims died and no motive for David having killed anyone other than Robin.

I rest my case!

Bike
    Guzzi

So how do you explain the absence of any kind of struggle on the old man (blood) if he killed Steven. This was a violent struggle that left no trace of blood on the old man.

There is just too much evidence on David...............nothing but speculation and hearsay on the old man.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Someone at work came up with the same comment,out of interest howd you come to that?
    fuck me... you WORK?????

lol..

i think he IS guilty, BUT i also think he will get off....

so he is not guilty.... follow?

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike

Possible i guess.So he came home to find his family fucked up and shot the old man,still doesnt explain why (to me anyway) he knew his sister was alive and his comment to the 111 operator was "there all dead"not to mention that surely even if he didnt kill them the fact that she was (ok dying but appeared alive)not his first concern ie "an ambulance" rather than "there all dead.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo View Post
    fuck me... you WORK?????

lol..
    Only just.I dedicate much more time awaiting blimp suits on late model Buells down country roads.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Possible i guess.So he came home to find his family fucked up and shot the old man,still doesnt explain why (to me anyway) he knew his sister was alive and his comment to the 111 operator was "there all dead"not to mention that surely even if he didnt kill them the fact that she was (ok dying but appeared alive)not his first concern ie "an ambulance" rather than "there all dead.
    I haven't sat through the trial so only know what was reported in the media. However my understanding is that he didn't know Laniette was still alive, just that he heard "gurgling" noises.

Now don't get me wrong here. I believe that David DID comit all murders, its just that the evidence "beyond reasonable doubt" can only apply to the murder of robin Bain. The others are merely speculation that the same person killed everyone. A person's belief doesn't constitute a required standard of proof.
    Time to ride

Bike
    I haven't sat through the trial so only know what was reported in the media. However my understanding is that he didn't know Laniette was still alive, just that he heard "gurgling" noises.

Now don't get me wrong here. I believe that David DID comit all murders, its just that the evidence "beyond reasonable doubt" can only apply to the murder of robin Bain. The others are merely speculation that the same person killed everyone. A person's belief doesn't constitute a required standard of proof.
    Yea interesting thoughts J,as i stated at the start ive no idea really and am enjoying some of the posts.

Bike
    1982 kawasaki ZK440
    Pick holes in this one gang. is it possible that one of the girls brought home a very, shall we say, 'waywood lover'?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    the question i would ask is, if robin bain killed himself and his family, he MUST have known that david would be prime supsect #1, so why not write a decent suicide note (instead of the alleged note on the computer) to ensure his son was left alone.

i reckon david also knew the incest story was going to come out, so killed them to prevent it from doing so, but didn't have the foresight to ensure he was out of the suspect loop.
    Robin Bain was thoroughly mental. I would suspect that IF he did do the murder suicide thing, covering his tracks or protecting his family were completely beyond him. Remember, Mum was nuts too and both sisters on the game.

Laniet's pimp decided to go walkabout when he was supposed to be in court too.

Thing is, we're not the jury involved in the case, so it isn't up to us to make any decision based on the conjecture presented as fact by the media. Everyone has an opinion, and if you haven't been in the courtroom the whole time your opinion has no basis in fact.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Sold
    Did they ever look at the possibility that some one else did it?

There seemed to me that others may have had motive but the cops just focussed on these two and made a mess of their investigations!

They burned the house down prematurely too. (IMHO)

He (David) will get off because of the sub standard police work!

Beyond all reasonable doubt?

Did he do it? who really knows!

The more I see of him, the more I reckon he's capable of doing it, just another "actor" like that bloody Lundy in Palmerston North!

Bloody drama queens trying to bluff their way out of trouble, there was always one in every class at school.

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder View Post
    Bain guilty as sin.
    Yes, no doubt about that - but which one? From the stuff that comes out about the family it sounds like the whole lot of them had something going against them.

Eh?if indeed....if i say,he did then why would he not be considered dangerous to anyone else?
    Fucked up family, him having no history of violence besides the present case (not proven). Fucked up teen breaks under the pressure - maybe - and does the family...
    A long time as gone past, he's not in the same situation anymore.

Don't forget he has already spent 13 years in prison. If it was indeed the case he had murdered the father and no others, 13 years would still be a long prison term for murder.
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I recon this is closer to the truth. David killed his Dad only and saved the local communicty and education system from him.

Did David Bain actually give any evidence at his trial? I haven't heard his explanation of what happened. He was a 15 year old kid. What was going through his mind. Only he knows and what is clear is that hormonal kid no longer exists.
    “PHEW.....JUST MADE IT............................. UP"

Thread Information