Thread: $80 for a pair of NEW road legal 18/21" tyres

Bike
    Honda FT500, Yamaha WR250R

$80 for a pair of NEW road legal 18/21" tyres

http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/division/m...e/Bike%20Parts

This is in regards to the Super Enduro tyres

Hello ,
    Thank you for your e-mail.
    That tyre does have DOT on the side of it.
    Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
    Kind regards,
    Kelly
    TORPEDO7

Torpedo7 is also very good at taking things back if they did turn out to be duds...I assume DOT is all that we need?

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Ah, Jen's already pointed out these tyres in Tyres... but we didn't bother to ask the question... good job! (Hmmm strange, now I recall asking the question in their chat help back then after posting and being told "no" - but I've just checked with them, they said they physically checked the Super Enduro tyres and they are DOT. The Super Cross probably aren't, they didn't check them but they don't say FIM or anything in the description. And they've said they will add DOT-approval to the product description for the enduros.)

Elsewhere I have posted up the legalities of tyres in NZ with appropriate links. NZ requires one of the USA, Euro or Japanese road certifications... up to you if you bother. WOF inspectors have also said, if it doesn't say NHS, they'll pass it, even if there are no certification markings.

Wassup with your DR? Is it a happening thing?
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    Honda FT500, Yamaha WR250R

I rode the DR one night last week, went fine but smokey, next night went to pick it up and no start. The guys a mechanic but busy so I'm harassing him every couple of days.

To be honest at the the price I'm getting it for I'm not wanting to push it too far in case he decides it's not worth the hassle. Has a spare motor which I plan to rebuild over winter (same as GN250) so should be a good first rebuild project!

Bike
    Husqvarna 701E - WR250F - Can Am 500

Innova are ok

I am running one of those 18 inch innova rears on the DRZ at the moment.
    It has done about 1100 kms and is ready for replacement, I tend to be fairly hard on tyres though as the best milage i have got from a rear was 1800 kms on a Michelin T63.

This tyre is a full knobbly, ok in the dry - not great ( like any knobbly ) in the wet.

Got another Innova sitting in the shed which i will save for a more off road based adventure ride, but great value at $45.00
    Here for a good time, not necessarily a long time

Thread Information