Thread: Triumph reports sales increase but cautious for future

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Triumph reports sales increase but cautious for future

Triumph has reported a 19% rise in sales in the last year. Sales grew 41,125 to 48,929 motorbikes, fuelled by overseas growth and the introduction of new models, generating pre-tax profits of £14.5m.

However, the company’s forecast is cautious. Chief Executive Tue Mantoni said “We are cautious in terms of the general market outlook for the 2009 financial year due to the continued global economic crisis and the impact on consumer confidence and spending. The global motorcycle market has declined, in particular in the last three to six months and we expect this pattern to continue during the rest of this year.”

“We are however, cautiously optimistic when it comes to Triumph’s performance. New models are extremely important to driving growth and we are very pleased with the reception of the recently launched Thunderbird. Our global retail network and the enthusiast press have all been impressed with the distinctive styling and excellent performance of this important new model.”
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Chief Executive Tue Mantoni
    Ahhhh.... a fine British name if I ever heard one.

Bike
    Triumph
    Well Triumph have put out some scrumptuos performance machines in the last couple of years. Im not even a pom and the machines still are appealing
    <span style=font-family: Century Gothic><font size=4><font color=DarkOrchid>Live and let live</font></font></span>

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Great story in today's depressing times.

I was talking to the guys at Holeshot and asked them why they didn't open on Sundays like everyone else. The guy said that they don't need to as business is up and the new bike sales are higher than ever. He also said that they like to ride bikes themselves and Sunday's the day for that! He showed me the photos of the Daytona 1050 (which may well not happen). The existing 675 motor can take another 4000rpm without a problem. He also said that the T-Bird interest was huge.

The secret of success has to be the continuous development of new models with a broad range of appeal. Having an English name with a herritage can't hurt however I suspect that if Triumph started out from scratch today by dumping old motors in badged bikes, no one would buy them. Good to see a small player doing well and competing with the big boys.
    “PHEW.....JUST MADE IT............................. UP"

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    I was talking to the guys at Holeshot and asked them why they didn't open on Sundays like everyone else.

WTF? you have bike shops open past noon on a Saturday and open on a Sunday?

Is that because the traffic is so bad that a test ride could end up taking 24 hours?

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    WTF? you have bike shops open past noon on a Saturday and open on a Sunday?

Is that because the traffic is so bad that a test ride could end up taking 24 hours?
    Where is the traffic so bad........

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Great story in today's depressing times.

I was talking to the guys at Holeshot and asked them why they didn't open on Sundays like everyone else. The guy said that they don't need to as business is up and the new bike sales are higher than ever. He also said that they like to ride bikes themselves and Sunday's the day for that! He showed me the photos of the Daytona 1050 (which may well not happen). The existing 675 motor can take another 4000rpm without a problem. He also said that the T-Bird interest was huge.

The secret of success has to be the continuous development of new models with a broad range of appeal. Having an English name with a herritage can't hurt however I suspect that if Triumph started out from scratch today by dumping old motors in badged bikes, no one would buy them. Good to see a small player doing well and competing with the big boys.
    Yeah...GSXR's are not really new models in the real sense...now the new R1 is so will be interesting to see how sales are....I mean if you have say and 07 GSXR is there that much of an incentive to buy an 09 model....Triumph have mixed things up to keep interest

Bike
    2006 honda vtr250/93 NC30
    hmm..i dont think its because of triumph themselves..i think its more cos of jap bikes prices not coming down..so with similiar amount of money ppl would rather buy british than japs? i dunno?

Bike
    None
    That is some good news

Triumph have really come forward in the last 10 years

Hope they can keep it up

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Thread Information