Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funny sign placement ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhatsit View Post
    Yeah I'm wearing my glasses now

One of the ones that confused me was out the back of where I live, towards the airport. I think perhaps at one time it was a 100kph; now it is 80kph. Nevertheless, as you cruise along at 80, there is (or was the last time I was there 6 months ago) a `recommended speed' sign for a corner... of 85kph
    The hilarity of reality eh !! ..... must be the dam drugs "...mutter mutter
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Yamaha TDM
    A couple from overseas....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image49-800x600.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	131292   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image55-800x600.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	131293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image66-800x600.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	131294  
    And that is the honest truth your honour..

Bike
    Honda Pan European ST1100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The hilarity of reality eh !! ..... must be the dam drugs "...mutter mutter
    I'm sorry I didn't look you up when in Alex at Xmas.
    Atheism and Religion are but two sides of the same coin.
    One prefers to use its head, while the other relies on tales.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    I always snigger at the 95km/hr corner signs.

If 5km/hr is all the difference between staying on the road and crashing then there are some serious issues with the driver training.

Oh yeah....................
    The 95kph corner warnings are quite pointless, but I do generally like the corner ones as a rough (+20kph) guide.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    weve got signs like that here too. its a 4 sided intersection controlled by 2x stop signs and joining on to a main rd which has right of way.

leading up to the first stop sign its 50k. less than 200 mtrs from the stop is a sign telling you its now 80k for the main rd. if you are going straight through towards the airport, it tells you its 50k on the other side of the intersection. for some reason, there always accidents at that spot... silly cagers not looking or obeying rules.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    I always snigger at the 95km/hr corner signs.

If 5km/hr is all the difference between staying on the road and crashing then there are some serious issues with the driver training.

Oh yeah....................
    I agree. However the rules are pretty simple for this. The rated speed is purely to due with the number of G's you pull while cornering. They have to set the speed so that the G-force you experience stays below a certain level.

In this case, they probably didn't engineer the corner well enough to maintain the 100km/h rating.

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    I agree. However the rules are pretty simple for this. The rated speed is purely to due with the number of G's you pull while cornering. They have to set the speed so that the G-force you experience stays below a certain level.

In this case, they probably didn't engineer the corner well enough to maintain the 100km/h rating.

For the tourist campervan drivers lol.
    It's a recomended speed for all vehicles including heavy vehicles with trailers,although 40tonne rigs go 90km eh so kinda blows the max indicated safe speed out the window.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Bike
    Honda Pan European ST1100
    Blog Entries
    85kph signs let you know that the corner you can't see around is one you don't have to slow down for.
    Atheism and Religion are but two sides of the same coin.
    One prefers to use its head, while the other relies on tales.

Bike
    None

Thumbs down Napier too ...

There is one just like this in Napier ... coming up to a main road, but there is actually a 50km sign, then less then 100m away a 100km sign, then a corner, then about 50m away a STOP ... we were in a car, but we didn't know the road very well ... we came up to the stop, and I'm freakin sure we did actually stop ... no cars coming for miles, so we pulled out ... dirty pig must have been 2-300m away (couldn't have even really seen whether or not we did stop, revenue grubbing B%$#^(d) pulled us over for not stopping at a stop sign ... wanker! $150 fine.

I had photo's on my phone as we were going to write in about it, but just recently deleted them as they were pissing me off every time I saw them!!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs. - Alexei Sayle

Fame was like a drug, but what was even more like a drug were the drugs. - Homer Simpson

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    You really have to be alert driving around South Australia - they just love changing the speed limit every km or so: 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 areas all interspersed with one another. If you're pulling out from a side road onto a highway or major through road, you have no idea what the speed limit is.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschvs View Post
    There is one just like this in Napier ...
    So where is it exactly? I've been trying to picture without success
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    You really have to be alert driving around South Australia - they just love changing the speed limit every km or so: 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 areas all interspersed with one another. If you're pulling out from a side road onto a highway or major through road, you have no idea what the speed limit is.
    Hamilton Bypass, anyone?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    None

right here ............ Napier

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs. - Alexei Sayle

Fame was like a drug, but what was even more like a drug were the drugs. - Homer Simpson

Bike
    None

50km

The 50km sign is about 100m behind where that pic is standing from ...

Bike
    None

Little wrong!

But you can see the 100km sign, then the stop signs just after ... I was wrong, the corner is also just behind, which is BEFORE the 100km signs.

Bike
    None

Road View

If you go to that link, go to 'Road View' the look at the intersection of Meanee and Main North Road ... that link doesn't take you exactly thtere, even though I told it to ... dammit!

Thread Information