Thread: Race tyres on the road?

Bike
    gsx400 impulse , rf900
    wow, I started all this?

lol

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    With respect to pressures for race tyres that is so out of touch, very bad advice. The year is 2009.
    Are you even remotely aware of what hot tyre pressure should be on N-Tec Dunlops?
    Bad advice? 34psi in a rear Supercorser cold, I consider to be attempted manslaughter!

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Bad advice? 34psi in a rear Supercorser cold, I consider to be attempted manslaughter!
    Exactly, best to listen to the manufacturers recommendations. They just might know a little more and be averse to a Heath Robinson approach.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    I haven't checked the pressures yet, but the bike shop who put them on for me put (i think) 32 psi front and 30 psi rear and suggested for track days 30 psi front and 28 psi rear. What do you guys think? Like I mentioned, I have always previously run Pilot Power 2CT's so am not too hot on the Super Corsa's.
    Either way, 34 psi sounds far too high for either road or track riding....
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Just had a look at the manufacturers spec and they recommend the following pressure ranges dependant on road, ambient temp etc....

F 32 -42psi

R 36-42psi

Now I readily admit that I am not exactly a pro here, but doesn't that seem a little high? Of course, Pirelli wouldn't hire lots of smart engineers who make such recommendations for nothing......

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Of course, Pirelli wouldn't hire lots of smart engineers who make such recommendations for nothing......
    Ya think ?
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Just had a look at the manufacturers spec and they recommend the following pressure ranges dependant on road, ambient temp etc....

F 32 -42psi

R 36-42psi

Now I readily admit that I am not exactly a pro here, but doesn't that seem a little high? Of course, Pirelli wouldn't hire lots of smart engineers who make such recommendations for nothing......
    Do they say if that is hot, or cold pressures? Seems very high to me, I've never run a rear supercorser higher than 28psi on the track, or road.

Bike
    RMZ 450, F4RGVGP125
    If I remember rightly, on J-lo I had 28f and 26r (cold) at the track and on the road(pirelli slicks).
    Member #3164 of the SHITMARK haters club.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    I don't think it specified whether that was hot or cold temps.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I haven't checked the pressures yet, but the bike shop who put them on for me put (i think) 32 psi front and 30 psi rear and suggested for track days 30 psi front and 28 psi rear. What do you guys think? Like I mentioned, I have always previously run Pilot Power 2CT's so am not too hot on the Super Corsa's.
    Either way, 34 psi sounds far too high for either road or track riding....
    Sounds like you are not far away with that advice. Variables in riding and weather make it hard to state a perfect pressure just for you. But I have used as high as 32, 34 cold and as low as 28 both ends, as I said variables . G.

Thread Information