• no

41 32.80%
  • not sure

16 12.80%
Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Stock 250cc 4-stroke twins

Bike
    S1000RR
    Just pull one ignition plug out and race a F4 Class on Mt Wellington.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyer View Post
    ZXR has 4 cylinders!
    cool that means he can race it in the 250cc production class.....

as for the 250 twins... get 6 or more and i am sure you guys will have your own race with the vic club...

that is what the 250 racers did... came along.. entered.. built up the numbers (over 6) then asked for their own class...

that is all you guys will have to do.....

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    2015 Z800
    Chaos, come to the next ART day at Pukekohe, ill give you a run. 30th Aug mate!

Bike
    1970 Vespa ss90
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Chaos, come to the next ART day at Pukekohe, ill give you a run. 30th Aug mate!
    There ya go Chaos......... best take him up on that, now's your opportunity to prove all your detractors wrong!

Bike
    wr250yz 2001
    ill be there if i can sus out some transport for the bike to get there
    none of our cars have a tow hook so its not as easy as renting a trailer (wich sucks)
    sponsors:
    A.P.R. auto plastic repairs
    09-838 9769 pete
    1/9 Woodruffe Ave Henderson Auckland

Bike
    2015 Z800
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos rider View Post
    ill be there if i can sus out some transport for the bike to get there
    none of our cars have a tow hook so its not as easy as renting a trailer (wich sucks)
    Im looking at getting a trailer as i have another that wants to go, so all going well there could be three of us if i can get a 3 bike trailer. Will keep you posted on that closer to the date if you like?? details should be on www.amcc.co.nz

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    I just bought one......

a Prolight 250 that is....

its a........

SPADA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88428095_full.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	134262  
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Christ that thing looks clean, is the engine a minta ?

I reckon you will have heaps of fun racing other 250 twins with that...

Ha its been ages since i saw a mint (as in not crashed and fucked with) spada..
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    Christ that thing looks clean, is the engine a minta ?

I reckon you will have heaps of fun racing other 250 twins with that...

Ha its been ages since i saw a mint (as in not crashed and fucked with) spada..
    I hope its a minter,brought sight unseen off trademe, 23oooks......
    The bloke has been real good to deal with so Im sure I wont be dissapointed.
    very kindly helping me with some rubber to....either the Dunlop GPRA10's or Bridge BT003RS. Any recommendations ?

Could be a week or 2 'till I can get it up from Dunedin, then.... start rippin it ta bits !!!
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Bike
    wr250yz 2001
    hey all
    you realy wont belive this but the stock shinkos on the hyo ARE the same compond they use in their drag tyres

they are usless cold but get them past 45c and there like qualifing tyres. if you ever get the chance do a stand still burn out, a short one 2 or 3 sec and it gets sticky, dosent just ware away it gets REALY sticky
    sponsors:
    A.P.R. auto plastic repairs
    09-838 9769 pete
    1/9 Woodruffe Ave Henderson Auckland

Bike
    Lil Tricycle
    hey all
    you realy wont belive this but the stock shinkos on the hyo ARE the same compond they use in their drag tyres

they are usless cold but get them past 45c and there like qualifing tyres. if you ever get the chance do a stand still burn out, a short one 2 or 3 sec and it gets sticky, dosent just ware away it gets REALY sticky
    Yeah man a lot of racers use them, they just do a big burn out before the race and it sticks like glue. You won't believe it, plus it's cheap as well. Leave them on and go racing dude

Bike
    1970 Vespa ss90
    hey all

Hey Chaosrider, great to see you still enthusiastic about racing

I have to say though mate, because you have not raced before, it's going to be a steep learning curve.

I don't believe for a second that the Shinko's use the same rubber for there drag tyres (they make drag tyres?)

After you have done o bit of racing (and sadly had a few spills.....it will happen) you will VERY QUICKLY learn that suspension set up and tyre choice are the most important thing you can pay attention too.

Given the fact that you have to use the original suspension, your tyre choice is omnipotent.

I have to say Chaos, (as far as racing goes) the Shinko's are A BIG NO NO!

Riding quickly on the street (it's all subjective anyway) is one thing, riding quickly on the track is another.

The only thing keeping your nut sack from the ashphalt is those tyres........they MUST BE THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD.

They may well feel planted hooning around North Shore on a Saturday afternoon, but push them hard on a track, and they will show up all their faults........this will show itself with a "no warning" slide into the ripple strip.

Please mate, if $ is the problem, go into a tyre shop, explain the situation, and they may well have a "useable" set of second hand tyres for a good price..........that will be the best thing you can do.

Good luck Chaosrider, some pictures of your first racebike will be well recieved.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post
    Hey Chaosrider, great to see you still enthusiastic about racing

I have to say though mate, because you have not raced before, it's going to be a steep learning curve.

I don't believe for a second that the Shinko's use the same rubber for there drag tyres (they make drag tyres?)

After you have done o bit of racing (and sadly had a few spills.....it will happen) you will VERY QUICKLY learn that suspension set up and tyre choice are the most important thing you can pay attention too.

Given the fact that you have to use the original suspension, your tyre choice is omnipotent.

I have to say Chaos, (as far as racing goes) the Shinko's are A BIG NO NO!

Riding quickly on the street (it's all subjective anyway) is one thing, riding quickly on the track is another.

The only thing keeping your nut sack from the ashphalt is those tyres........they MUST BE THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD.

They may well feel planted hooning around North Shore on a Saturday afternoon, but push them hard on a track, and they will show up all their faults........this will show itself with a "no warning" slide into the ripple strip.

Please mate, if $ is the problem, go into a tyre shop, explain the situation, and they may well have a "useable" set of second hand tyres for a good price..........that will be the best thing you can do.

Good luck Chaosrider, some pictures of your first racebike will be well recieved.
    Very good points, pretty sure you're allowed to do suspension internals though.

Any tyre will get sticky on the surface adfter a burnout, but that does not mean it will stick well to the road. Shinko's, are shit house. Even the bloody slicks they sell for big bikes, are a 20 year old construction, dredged up from Yokahama. They even call them the same thing, 002r, 001 and so on. Stay away from them.

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    I hope its a minter,brought sight unseen off trademe, 23oooks......
    The bloke has been real good to deal with so Im sure I wont be dissapointed.
    very kindly helping me with some rubber to....either the Dunlop GPRA10's or Bridge BT003RS. Any recommendations ?

Could be a week or 2 'till I can get it up from Dunedin, then.... start rippin it ta bits !!!
    23k !! bugger me, when mine expired it had (at a guess) around 120k on it hahaha.

As for the tires man, I haven't used either of them on mine, I think the dunlops are what the street stock dudes love, albeit a slightly smaller section of course..

I hope your gonna ride it home ? Good fun

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries

Smile

hey all

I would put all my money on this being untrue mate, all tires after a burnout are sticky sticky, but as it has been said above, doesn't mean they will hold the road, BIN THE SHINKO'S mate, you are just going to crash AGAIN if you stick with those pieces of shit.

Thread Information