Thread: A Magic Ride.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha Virago XV1100

A Magic Ride.

Hi. I had a training course to do in Palmerston North for Toyota & as it was the last course I could do I went from Warkworth by bike. It was the wednesday prior to Anzac Day. I left Warkworth wed a.m. & stopped in Cambridge to see a mate. Carried on in no hurry to palmy. Got there about 4.00 in the afternoon. It was unreal, all that way I had a clear sky, no wind at all, no rain, unbelievable. I have travelled to wellington about 6 times & always seem to get wind rain & it is sort of treated as normal. I travelled back on Anzac morning, the forecast starting friday was for heavy rain spreading from Kaitaia & covering my trip on Sat most of the way. I got to Puhoi 10 minutes before opening,(1.00 pm) & only struck two small showery bits just south of the bombays. I thought that was pretty unreal. On the trip back the speedo clicked over so I have travelled over 50,000 km's on my preferred transport, a 1999 Yamaha Virago, XV1100. Speedo now about 54,000 km. Cheers.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Kewlness !
    Almost unreal, given the unsettled weather we normally get at this time of the year.

By the way - welcome to Kiwi Biker.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Great when you stike it that, last September we went down to the Manawatu and it was balmy in Waiuru compared to the Desert rd
    The rest of our trip was in brilliant sunshine and temps in the high 20's.

Heres a pic I took in Gisborne on the way back....I think it was 28 degs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Young Nicks Head.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	646.7 KB 
ID:	133591  

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    If the weather holds out, this is a great time of the year to make long motorcycle journeys.

I really don't enjoy the 30 degrees plus summer heat on long rides. Quite envious. Well done.

Thread Information