Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More horsepower from my B-King?

Bike
    Suzuki B King

More horsepower from my B-King?

Hello, Has anyone had experience tuning there Bking, just wondering what is the best mods to gain more power, it already has slip on yoshi's, i have heard about removing the cat converter to gain more power has anyone done this?. Also what opions there are about fitting a TRE, i have raced 250plus hp drag bikes so, no it does not have enough power yet lol. I love it to bits but you know too much power is never enough.
    Cheers.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    The TRE on the Hayabusa turned it from a docile scooter around town into a bit of a snatchy handful (in comparison) at low speed, but it definately made a huge difference to acceleration in early gears - worth the trade off.

Just been reading an interesting article in Superbike mag about OEM vs aftermarket exhaust - the biggest advantage was weight, not HP increase.

For true HP increase: http://www.bigccracing.com/shop/cate...idCategory=143

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Just been reading an interesting article in Superbike mag about OEM vs aftermarket exhaust - the biggest advantage was weight, not HP increase.
    Varies a lot with different models of different bikes, mind you.

I don't think it's possible to make a blanket statement that aftermarket exhaust systems do or don't give more power. It's entirely dependent on the details of the engine in question and the other tuning changes that are made when the exhaust system is changed.

I don't have dyno data for my K7 GSX1400 when it had the stock exhaust, but when I had it removed and replaced with a 'fairly open' TBR can, top indicated speed with me on board went from 230 to 250. That's a serious horsepower increase.

But fuel economy turned to shit. Went from averaging 300km per 21L tank down to about 240.

After a fuelling remap on the dyno by TripleZee Cycles in Manukau, the fuel economy is the best it has been; I got 345km out of my last tank.

So some bikes will probably be greatly improved by aftermarket exhausts, others not so much. The K6/K7 GSX1400s are probably extreme cases; I doubt your average bike would do so well from having the stock exhaust thrown away.

Either way, I don't think there's any point chasing performance without measuring it on a dyno. Too many bikes have been fucked around with and most probably made worse, not better.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Fuck a duck! Of all bikes I thought people would be happy to leave their B-Kings and Hayabusas alone... Jesus H. Christ.

It's nekkid, too. Surely if one was game enough to actually use all of that grunt they'd be blown clean off the back

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    So some bikes will probably be greatly improved by aftermarket exhausts, others not so much. The K6/K7 GSX1400s are probably extreme cases; I doubt your average bike would do so well from having the stock exhaust thrown away.

Either way, I don't think there's any point chasing performance without measuring it on a dyno. Too many bikes have been fucked around with and most probably made worse, not better.

I agree - I had OEMs on my last Busa - tried some Remus bolt ons - no mapping changes - made no difference, just a bit louder.

I also tried some stubby stub things from 'Lord Humongous' - apparantly with the same back px as OEM mufflers. If speed is measured in noise, they were fast! They looked fucking cool though

Bike
    Hornet
    stick a turbo on it!! or drop a tooth off the front sprocket?? or fit some carbon rims to it??? if they are even legal?? just a few sugesstions

Bike
    Suzuki B King

More Horse power for my Bking

Yeah i have looked at a few articles and a few vids etc for comparison bhp checks on the bking, being that it was baffled to death the opion is that with the yoshi's it gains around 5hp at rear, well thats what they say anyway, as for a turbo i have not got that type of free cash yet and if i was going that way would supercharger her anyway, carbon hoops are cool but cost an arm and a leg and although dropping a tooth at the front sprocket is a cheap way to gain acceleration im not keen on having her revving higher when tootling along at 130kph i mean 100kph.
    So thought a little help in the engine tuning/fuel etc department might not go a miss, admittedly once you get to 250k its a bit of a battle hanging on but thats not what i want the extra power for, i want as much grunt/torque bhp as possible to give me that rush of acceleration only a big capacity sport bike can offer , without strapping a charger on her, well not yet but there's allways the lotto this weekend.

Bike
    76 Sporty
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixcustom View Post
    Hello, Has anyone had experience tuning there Bking, just wondering what is the best mods to gain more power, it already has slip on yoshi's, i have heard about removing the cat converter to gain more power has anyone done this?. Also what opions there are about fitting a TRE, i have raced 250plus hp drag bikes so, no it does not have enough power yet lol. I love it to bits but you know too much power is never enough.
    Cheers.
    friend bought a bking tre from triplezee dyno. says its the best $85 he has spent. Derestricts 5th and 6th.
    cheers

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhatsit View Post
    Fuck a duck! Of all bikes I thought people would be happy to leave their B-Kings and Hayabusas alone... Jesus H. Christ.

It's nekkid, too. Surely if one was game enough to actually use all of that grunt they'd be blown clean off the back
    I would have thought getting these bikes to actually handle and ride bumps would be a higher priority.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    I've been following Simon Roots' coloumn in Superbike (UK) Mag. He just Supercharged one. you could check their website, although I think were about 4 months behind by the time the Mag gets here.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    None, sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    I would have thought getting these bikes to actually handle and ride bumps would be a higher priority.
    He wants 250hp, I don't think he's planning on going round corners at all.

Dave
    Signature needed. Apply within.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Fom the drag racing I have done power is useless without it getting to the ground & you need to have your bikes suspension set up correctly to achive this , even if only getting it right for the Strip it will still have room for adjustment with decent suspension in it & behave way better on the road/corners as well

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    Various
    What about 262 RWHp?

(pretty sure THAT's going to need some suspension help to get the power down.......)

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    I've been following Simon Roots' coloumn in Superbike (UK) Mag. He just Supercharged one. you could check their website, although I think were about 4 months behind by the time the Mag gets here.
    (As seen above)

Here's a clip of the bike prior to the supercharger:

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I heard that taking the CAT off screws with the Electronic Management System and rather than give you performance, it gives you vibration.

A software supported performance can has to be the best option.

Good luck with the Superchager/Turbo/Nitros options.

Thread Information