Page 4 of 124 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: NZ-wide pass the tag

Bike
    dei imperiale donna
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    I have moved this to meeting & events .. its an event after all

only found this thread by accident so moved for higher profile & some more riders who can play the game

yup manawatu are playing the game so once it gets to the north island should be sweet as ..
    And there is a VERY strong team in Welly just waiting for the tag to get closer

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
    And there is a VERY strong team in Welly just waiting for the tag to get closer
    yeah I see that ..
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    But I'm having enough trouble with the local Christchurch game without adding a second dose.

Honestly if someone were silly enough to finance the fuel for a Bluff run I'd do it... (have to be next Saturday though).

Ya want I could pick you up on the way through. Have to be next w/end though....

damn near took off yesterday, lucky I didn't, pissin down here

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Shit dude I'll be free from Friday afternoon on. J is busy all weekend so I can play.

Big BUT is that I assume you be wanting to go the long straight bits faster than me. I want to put some more kms on the engine before I sit on 100kph all day. I'm thinking stop in at Raes Junction, collect it, then bounce it off the Bluff Sign and up to the Dunedin Virtual start that Joe initiated and carry it toward home. You could practically drop at Picton or within a two hour ride of Picton by the time u r home.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    F800GS
    Shit dude I'll be free from Friday afternoon on. J is busy all weekend so I can play.

Big BUT is that I assume you be wanting to go the long straight bits faster than me. I want to put some more kms on the engine before I sit on 100kph all day. I'm thinking stop in at Raes Junction, collect it, then bounce it off the Bluff Sign and up to the Dunedin Virtual start that Joe initiated and carry it toward home. You could practically drop at Picton or within a two hour ride of Picton by the time u r home.
    I'll try and get Fri off too, happy to go at any speed, I think I just need to go for a ride

Bike
    silly green dirt bike..........DOH
    Blog Entries
    Wow....i thought this was a dead thread for sure..thanks heaps guys and girls for keeping it alive. cheers mods, for moving it up the ladder.
    im stoked its going to happen...
    remember game is open to all riders what ever your bike is.. after all its only a game..

thanks
    JMJ
    I FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED
    my ride picshttp://picasaweb.google.com/sueycarter
    other ride pics http://picasaweb.google.com/113645336286831595353

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    I'll try and get Fri off too, happy to go at any speed, I think I just need to go for a ride
    so you guys gonna drop this in chch or take it further north....or west?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    That's a good question. Jatz and I and our extras are booked in at Omarama for a night and then my thinking was I expect I will grab it at Raes Junction then drop it at Bluff. Jatz can pick it up at Bluff and who knows where he'll drop it.... maybe even Motueka?
    Where ever it ends up at the end of the weekend I doubt it will be 'stuck' while still in the SI any more, until it returns after the NI has had it at least.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    shit people. You SI always harp on about how much better the mainland is compared to us filthy buggers up here but if this started up north it would already have made it to the south island by now!

Shocking

Is it a bit cold down there for rides? Bloody soft! haha

Bike
    F800GS
    That's a good question. Jatz and I and our extras are booked in at Omarama for a night and then my thinking was I expect I will grab it at Raes Junction then drop it at Bluff. Jatz can pick it up at Bluff and who knows where he'll drop it.... maybe even Motueka?
    Where ever it ends up at the end of the weekend I doubt it will be 'stuck' while still in the SI any more, until it returns after the NI has had it at least.
    Where I drop it depends on how much interest is shown between now and when I post my tag........
    Could be Dunners or Christchurch or Westport maybe even at the ferrry, I'd hate for it ot get stuck again.
    And it better not get stuck in the Norf Isl. either, I only go there for weddings and funerals

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Where I drop it depends on how much interest is shown between now and when I post my tag........
    Could be Dunners or Christchurch or Westport maybe even at the ferrry, I'd hate for it ot get stuck again.
    And it better not get stuck in the Norf Isl. either, I only go there for weddings and funerals
    how do you judge how much interest there is...i posted on the southern riders forum and there was barely a murmur.....granted winter can be dodgy in the cetreof otago,but there was very little interest shown,the chch tag guys have shown the only interest(bar the Dunedin guy)

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    shit people. You SI always harp on about how much better the mainland is compared to us filthy buggers up here but if this started up north it would already have made it to the south island by now!

Shocking

Is it a bit cold down there for rides? Bloody soft! haha
    I wouldn't harp on on how great we are in the North if I was you. They gave us the option of starting this up in The Norf Cape (see http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...7&postcount=57) and we still haven't dragged our arses up there yet. We have only had rain to deal with. Better they have had way more than that to deal with. How about ya get this started by ride ta the Cape or the Bluff? Na I thought not. All piss and wind.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
    I wouldn't harp on on how great we are in the North if I was you. They gave us the option of starting this up in The Norf Cape (see http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...7&postcount=57) and we still haven't dragged our arses up there yet. We have only had rain to deal with. Better they have had way more than that to deal with. How about ya get this started by ride ta the Cape or the Bluff? Na I thought not. All piss and wind.
    So it was you buggers up North that screwed it up!! And it's us Central NI people that have to prop up the good of the island. hahah

Maybe I should take the day off and mission up to the cape. Shouldn't take more than a few hours. Could do it in a day I reckon. All for the good of the game...

Are there any KBers at the tips of the island? Actually dumb question, obviously not. Maybe this is a summer mission type of game.

PS. The rain has been pretty extreme. I saw at least 1 puddles form on my driveway...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pothole6.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	138724  

Bike
    F800GS

This is starting in Bluff by god. GPS track logged, day off work sorted, Bike fuelled and ready.........

Only 2255 k's to go

I would be sooooo pissed if I got home to find it already tagged somewhere else

Bike
    silly green dirt bike..........DOH
    Blog Entries
    Jatz mate
    you have the ball..you are go for launch..
    i think a madman mission just to take a photo, is well worthy, of a gold plated slab of beer.
    you could just tag the whole south island, and dump it at the ferry..

ON YA MATE.

......ride like the wind mate...
    I FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED
    my ride picshttp://picasaweb.google.com/sueycarter
    other ride pics http://picasaweb.google.com/113645336286831595353

Thread Information