Thread: 2006 Jog parts/registration Q's for scooters

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike

Question 2006 Jog parts/registration Q's for scooters

Hi all, I just got my first scooter and was wondering if anyone has a spare set of forks for it... 2006 Jog. Are other models/makes inter-changeable?
    sorry for the dumb questions but it was a crashed scoot and a pressie from my partner to commute on and hopefully a simple fix for me.

Also a question on registration... is it able to be registered as a moped if it is below 2kw output? LTNZ's website is a bit hard to decypher, if i can register as a moped, does this mean i dont need a WOF?
    cheers in advance
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Bike
    Goose
    AFAIK if its is 50cc's or under then it does not have to be warranted, just registered. Hope that helps....
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    They come with a factory installed restriction washer in the exhaust header pipe to keep them under the legal power limit.
    Technically they can only be registered as a moped if the restrictor is in place with the factory size hole (8mm) from memory.

Yes mopeds only need to be registered.

If the forks are damaged I would check the frame around the feet area for kinks as this is where they are weakest.
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Bike
    sweet, thanks
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Glad you're stepping up from GSXR's Nicki!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Glad you're stepping up from GSXR's Nicki!
    Cheers Matt it is a yamaha! which Frenchy is happy about.... but i dont know about the step "up" as its a bit lower than my gixer!

Thread Information