Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Will I get my 100 ready in time for Taupo?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Paint it pink and green.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Grumph did it...........I bet his memory would be more actuate than any reporters blub
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Paint it pink and green.
    Boat anchor was my first thought... I was a little disappointed at the engine weight.

Sorry Dave. I'll transfer this conversation to the GPR tread...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well Mike came over and we got it ready for Kaitoki. Light 4 corner seize, but also noted the carb was loose. I'd just tried to get an RS shroud to fit and it was a squeeze against the carb but I think it ejected the carb back so it would have been leaking. Put a bigger pilot in to be sure.

Mustang turbo intercooler pump now fitted and waay more powerful. . no time to dyno it but hopefully it goes OK. I'll swing by at lunchtime and come have a look and wish I could ride it.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Pump seems to work well.
    Clutch didn't. Was slipping on track apparently and couldn't get a run on the dyno due to slip.

So what with extra plate genuine new plates and preloaded to the max, stiffer springs were the way forward. Ordered some last week but specified a modest 10% increase. Put one in the vice head to head with a std one. The std one compressed more.

Slapped them in. Lever pull seems OK. Hopefully enough to stop the slip.

So another thought is the lack of midrange and loss of power after the last round of transfer mods. The inside curve is much more pronounced. But I didn't open the outers as the didn't seem to need it. But I'm now thinking that I need more volume to be readily available.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    So another thought is the lack of midrange and loss of power after the last round of transfer mods. The inside curve is much more pronounced. But I didn't open the outers as the didn't seem to need it. But I'm now thinking that I need more volume to be readily available.
    Volume of the transfers ducts was discussed in the ESE thread, but I don't remember what the general rules were I'd guess that the duct having less volume would effect the top end more than the mid. My transfer ducts after filling the inner and grinding the outer walls have pathetic volume compared to something like an RS125 yet it has a reasonably fat power spread. Did you change any of the port timings?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    No my mods were going from std transfers but non std timings (as a result of barrel positioning & the destroking process), in this case 128 & 126.

Mods: Opening the bottoms to TDC where they were proud before. Reshaping the inners for more curvature & matching to the lower floors. A's were brought forward at the bottom triangularly toward the ex, B's were moved back a tickle, a bit of fill to increase the A's angle approaching 25deg.

About 4 redo's where Vinamold showed up irregularities.

Result; 3-4hp gone & curve range squeezed 1000rpm less. Kinda the opposite of what I was expecting. They are pretty small ducts compared to say an NSR or RS barrel even accounting for 25% shrink.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    128 & 126.
    It sure sounds like you have done everything right but that's really conservative timing for a triple exhaust port. Going from single to triple exhaust ports I widened and raised my transfers from 128 to 132deg to match required time area (and have since matched the inlet). With raising the A ports angles have you cut a hook into the B's to flush out under the A's?
    Could you have too much blow down? I've seen it said that you can't have too much blow down but Rob certainly proved that to be false.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Could you have too much blow down? I've seen it said that you can't have too much blow down but Rob certainly proved that to be false.
    To much blowdown for the RPM was my problem. Pipe Tuned length - Blowdown STA miss match.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    OK well here's the googly thing on this barrel: -I started off low on the exh. Peak power is only at 12k, later I was going to crank everything up to 13k but I was trying to see the effect of a super low exh before I wound it up to my intended and fairly conservative 196. Currently it is 192. yeah. Still made 27.5hp when first run which is ok for 12k.

The power curve between the single port 199 deg barrel (before it goes oval) & the triple with std transfers & 192ex are identical but at lower (400) revs on the new one. You would have thunk 7deg lower ports might have had more of a pronounced effect for midrange power.

The pipe is wrong, too short header, too long diffuser, but it is better than the RS125 pipe I'd worked with.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    192ex ... You would have thunk 7deg lower ports might have had more of a pronounced effect for midrange power.

The pipe is wrong, too short header, too long diffuser, but it is better than the RS125 pipe I'd worked with.
    I think it is having a more pronounced effect i.e. the problem in the exhaust design is even more apparent with the lower exhaust port timing and the effect of your latest transfer duct changes, I'd put money on (or maybe not ) the out of sync return exhaust pulse is messing up your transfer flow especially if you have a low primary compression with that case reed set up.
    But then its probably just those silly flappy things you use to control inlet timing.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Golly, well that hasn't happened for a while. A dyno session where everyone went away pretty happy. Several bikes and good results.

I got some clutch Springs made 10℅ stiffer. Result +4hp hp and 1000rpm spread so 26hp and same curve on the way up. Still a HP and 1/2 and say 700rpm down but its big progress. Just from springs.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    4hp worth of heat not going into the transmission as well. Surprised the clutch was slipping.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    New Honda plates too. Maybe it hits too hard but either way it was loosing it all the way up the curve. Pipe is still wrong but I bet it can kick some now. Pity I'm not up to riding it.

Thread Information