Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MG Cali front suspension travel?

Bike
    1997 Moto Guzzi California
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    Possibly yes but Id really need to see the stripped assembly to reply more accurately.
    On each damper rod there are 2 springs separated by a collar, the lower one is shorter and closer wound than the upper.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoKuzzi View Post
    On each damper rod there are 2 springs separated by a collar, the lower one is shorter and closer wound than the upper.
    If there is a big disparity between the two spring rates you will indeed likely feel when the first spring reaches max closed distance and it ''kicks'' onto the heavier springs. But like I intimated a little difficult to comment accurately sight unseen.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    Bikeless at moment FECK!!!

suspension help

The best person to talk to about this is Kerry Duckie of Dukic Performance.
    If fred merkal reccomends this guy he cant be all bad

Bike
    Thanks thats all sorted. Moved onto new issues now like munted drive shaft and pinion splines... oh well giving me something to do on a sunday afternoon. Now back to that bikini thread although I'm sure i've seen some of them twice or more now.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by coreys View Post
    You know, prudence suggests I should bite my tongue but one thing I really detest is total and brazen BS. I have been told by the said expert that he can do 67 second lap times around Manfield but it is totally unsubstantiated. If he can prove that under controlled circumstances and timed observation then myself and many others may begin to believe the tall yarns that are monotonously spun.
    It is a reasonable expectation that considered experts in their field are straight up no nonsense guys devoid of BS.

Bike
    You know, prudence suggests I should bite my tongue but one thing I really detest is total and brazen BS. I have been told by the said expert that he can do 67 second lap times around Manfield but it is totally unsubstantiated. If he can prove that under controlled circumstances and timed observation then myself and many others may begin to believe the tall yarns that are monotonously spun.
    It is a reasonable expectation that considered experts in their field are straight up no nonsense guys devoid of BS.
    Thanks Robert, I have a reasonable built in BS detector, it's a must in my line of work, good to know it's still working.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    I'd like to see his Pilot logbook with the F-4, P-51, F4-U etc etc, NOT forgetting agricultural ops in a DC3.. entries in it.
    67 second laps? Next NZ superbike champ!
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    Still looking
    "Maaaate, did I tell ya about me XT550 mate? 160 kay on it, into the path of a VW Beetle mate, hoisted the front wheel and cleared the car off the bonet. Shit I'm goooood"
    PAINT WINJS ROFF YA BASTARDS

Bike
    Still looking
    Quote Originally Posted by SlideMoto View Post
    "Maaaate, did I tell ya about me XT550 mate? 160 kay on it, into the path of a VW Beetle mate, hoisted the front wheel and cleared the car off the bonet. Shit I'm goooood"
    Oh shit, I forgot another good one.

"On me Buell X1 Lightning mate, just rebuilt after smashing the cases with a rod, heading up the 'Taka's, boy di the guy on the Fireblad get a shock when I wheelied around the outside of him with my knee down"

Ummmm, heard of a little thing called physics arsehole? Yeah, you can work on my bike anyday.......
    PAINT WINJS ROFF YA BASTARDS

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by SlideMoto View Post
    Oh shit, I forgot another good one.

"On me Buell X1 Lightning mate, just rebuilt after smashing the cases with a rod, heading up the 'Taka's, boy di the guy on the Fireblad get a shock when I wheelied around the outside of him with my knee down"
    Pfffft! That's all light weight shit compared to his daring and skillful aviation exploits....
    He even flew covert missions in Afghanistan, apparently....
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    Pfffft! That's all light weight shit compared to his daring and skillful aviation exploits....
    He even flew covert missions in Afghanistan, apparently....
    He loves his acid it would seem..
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    what do you ride Robert?

Bike
    None
    what do you ride Robert?
    Many road bikes that we modify. Many years ago I had a succession of road bikes. I never fooled myself as being anything other than a very competent and safe rider. My interest now is purely technical and you dont have to be an everyday rider to achieve excellent results. Just ask Stroudy, Bugden, Shirriifs, Harris, Skatchill and a whole host of everyday road riders.
    Straight up, no BS and fantastic stories.

Bike
    Thanks for the reply Robert. i was not trying to be fasicious. i was interested in what bikes you currently owned. nothing wrong with being an ex rider.

I am wondering why you wrote
    "You know, prudence suggests I should bite my tongue but one thing I really detest is total and brazen BS" when i metioned Dukic performance?

The original thread was from a guzzi rider ( i ride a guzzi) and Kerry did some excellent work on setting up my bike, and took time out to improve my riding

From what i hear you are the "Dr" on suspension, yet your comments seem to be very bitter?

Have i missed something?

Bike
    None
    Thanks for the reply Robert. i was not trying to be fasicious. i was interested in what bikes you currently owned. nothing wrong with being an ex rider.

I am wondering why you wrote
    "You know, prudence suggests I should bite my tongue but one thing I really detest is total and brazen BS" when i metioned Dukic performance?

The original thread was from a guzzi rider ( i ride a guzzi) and Kerry did some excellent work on setting up my bike, and took time out to improve my riding

From what i hear you are the "Dr" on suspension, yet your comments seem to be very bitter?

Have i missed something?
    Lets just say that when you impart a lot of knowledge to people you expect that they will work with you and not against you, that they will also purchase the relevant goods from you. Enough said.

Thread Information