Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I wanna do wheelies too!

Bike
    2006 suzuki SV650s

I wanna do wheelies too!

I own a '97 CBR600, my first "big bike" after many sporty 250s. Im getn to the stage where i can ride it confidently throw it around and put the power to better use (took a bit of getting used to after the wee 250s) but now i wana pull wheelstands too.. without stacking it. I know the bike is more than capable, im just a bit nervous. Im told big twins like vtr1000 or sv/tls will lift the front wheel with pretty much just full throttle in lower gears, but a mid size 4 will need more encouragement... aka, clutch. Is it going to cause a lot of wear clutching it up? and any genuine tips and knowledge is appreciated
    lets flip a coin... HEADS i get TAIL, TAILS i get HEAD

Bike
    orange, light, loud: all i need
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty69 View Post
    I own a '97 CBR600, my first "big bike" after many sporty 250s. Im getn to the stage where i can ride it confidently throw it around and put the power to better use (took a bit of getting used to after the wee 250s) but now i wana pull wheelstands too.. without stacking it. I know the bike is more than capable, im just a bit nervous. Im told big twins like vtr1000 or sv/tls will lift the front wheel with pretty much just full throttle in lower gears, but a mid size 4 will need more encouragement... aka, clutch. Is it going to cause a lot of wear clutching it up? and any genuine tips and knowledge is appreciated
    you're gonna wreck the clutch and chain and you stand a real chance of dropping it and losing skin.

go practice on a trail bike first where the landing is softer

you'll find that the funniest thing (for your mates) is watching you run behind the wheelstanding bike desperately trying to close the throttle before she goes right over.................

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty69 View Post
    Go and buy yourself a little off road buzz bomb and practise. It is surprisingly easy to lift the front wheel when you least expect it sometimes and it can come with a bit of a moment as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    me too - mee too!!!!! gonna practise on my son's RMZ250!!!!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    do a search on u-tube for wheelie - you may change your mind!

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Someone posted a really good "Gentle introduction to wheelies" a couple of weeks ago. I had never done one on my own bike before as I didn't want to fark the forks and everything else. But I must say it is quite good fun and if you keep good control, there is no need to bang the front back down.

Bike
    Hornet 900
    How to wheelie according to Superbike magazine

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Yep, that's the one.

Very good.

mate 1st gear, acclerate, back full off accerlate again, you'll get the hang of it in no time
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    do a search on u-tube for wheelie - you may change your mind!
    AgreeD!
    Its madness wanting to wheelie king on road bikes (I imagine your gonna do it on the roads I use too?)

Used to do massive long ones on my ol XR200 way way back...on dirt and paddocks mostly

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
    me too - mee too!!!!! gonna practise on my son's RMZ250!!!!
    can i?

check out This guys vids. best ones i have found.

Bike
    gt250r
    id love to learn to but i think il take my time
    still very very noob
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    http://shra.net/
    http://www.mustangforums.com/

Bike
    DRZ400smK10 & Rm250k7
    As my wheelie Guru told me with a wee pat on the head..."boi if wana learn to do wheelies!...then learn on everyone else's bike!

So i did Muhaha!
    Fook Yeah!...Me Got DRZ400sm Now!

& still can't spell for shit!

Bike
    DRZ400smK10 & Rm250k7
    All the experts will give you some advice which is cool,but you aren't gonna remember anything they say at the time of when ya in the process of attempting one!
    So ya gonna have to trial & error...So go practice on a long up hill some where[less effort getting the front wheel up & reduces picking up speed at the same time]
    Fook Yeah!...Me Got DRZ400sm Now!

& still can't spell for shit!

Bike
    Triumph Bonneville & Street Triple
    I don't want to do wheelies,only had the triple for less than a week and I can't seem to keep the front wheel on the ground

Thread Information