Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 - have you tried it?

Bike
    Your mom
    Fuck Macs. I wouldn't personally move over to any new OS until the full version has been released for at least a year just for software compatibility issues.

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    It's pretty darned sexy. I have it on my laptop, changed from XP to Windows 7, never bothered with Vista. I get enough shit from Vista at uni.

However it doesn't have the "filmstrip" view in windows explorer...most people would find this view annoying/never use it. However I do a lot of drawing and it's a useful view as opposed to opening the file in picture viewer. Means I can access folders etc at the same time easily.

Bike
    vulcanNomad
    Yup running it on my main studio computer with lots of graphics type programs, had Vista Business 64 and this caused issues as a lot of drivers are more designed for the 32bit operating systems. I find it very stable after a little tweaking, 2 gripes first my integrated sound (on motherboard - soundmax) doesn't work correctly will be a driver issue, and as with earlier operating systems the Windows fax program won't recognise twain scanner drivers bloody pain. All in all I'll buy when its officially released

Bike
    Fatbob
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    It's pretty darned sexy. I have it on my laptop, changed from XP to Windows 7, never bothered with Vista. I get enough shit from Vista at uni.

However it doesn't have the "filmstrip" view in windows explorer...most people would find this view annoying/never use it. However I do a lot of drawing and it's a useful view as opposed to opening the file in picture viewer. Means I can access folders etc at the same time easily.
    it does have a preview column on the right though.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Been using it for a little while. For an RC it's very stable. However, it's definitely more complicated for users (think end users, ie FARKEN STUPID DROP KICKS). The networking stuff is a bit annoying and the Control Panel is seriously farken crowded now. Sucks trying to play Mahjjong at work if it doesn't like your graphics card.

However, none of that matters when you live on the command line.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post

The best thing about Windows 7 is that it is basic without all the extras Vista forces you to run.

You can add anyting you want without having to run the inbuilt stuff.

In case anyone doesn't know, the way to make Vista perform better is to add a blank USB stick. Vista will ask you if you want to use it to run your paging file and when you say 'Yes' it almost doubles the speed.

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    In case anyone doesn't know, the way to make Vista perform better is to add a blank USB stick. Vista will ask you if you want to use it to run your paging file and when you say 'Yes' it almost doubles the speed.
    Or you could just add a extra stick of RAM. :slap:

Would cost about the same and yet plenty faster.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Would cost about the same and yet plenty faster.
    I'm paying $17 for a 4G Lexar USB.......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    yamaha FZR-R EXUP, 1989
    lol lol lol, that feature makes me laugh, most usb sticks have horrible i/o times get more ram dude.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    I be installing as soon as I can... following the release of Windows 7 SP2 to make sure at least some of the oversights, security holes have been found for Microsoft by their User Community.

... course I might stick with XP
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    I'm paying $17 for a 4G Lexar USB.......
    Not much more for a couple of GB of RAM that will easily double any benefit that a cheap nasty USB stick like that would give you. Dargor is correct.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/C...0164-4245-.htm

I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
    lol lol lol, that feature makes me laugh, most usb sticks have horrible i/o times get more ram dude.
    1. Max your RAM
    2. Realise that Vista is still too heavy
    3. Buy a fast I/O USB stick
    4. Enjoy a heaps better Vista

Bike
    1. Max your RAM
    2. Realise that Vista is still too heavy
    3. Buy a fast I/O USB stick
    4. Enjoy a heaps better Vista
    1. Vista will not max out 4GB of RAM by itself.

2. Stop perpetuating some of the stupidest internet gimicky myths around.

3. Go back to reading books; computers have clearly defeated you.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    1. Vista will not max out 4GB of RAM by itself.

2. Stop perpetuating some of the stupidest internet gimicky myths around.

3. Go back to reading books; computers have clearly defeated you.
    Nice one.

Spot on.

I wish I was as clever as you think you are.

Thank you so much.

Bike
    You have no idea who you are communicating with or what experience I have.

You read and draw conclusions based upon your limited knowledge.

Your abilities and knowledge cannot improve because of your self riteous attitude.

Good luck. You need it more than most.
    Based on what you've been advocating so far, I can only conclude I'm dealing with Mickey Mouse.

Still, we can only hope that nobody will read your advice and then proceed to waste their money following it.

Thread Information