Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuetech Tubliss

Bike
    2010 KTM 300 exc

Nuetech Tubliss

I have just got a set of these today while working in Hawaii to fit to my WR250F.
    http://www.nuetech.com/tubliss.shtml
    I have seen mostly good reviews online about them and although they are pretty expensive ($100 USD per end) I rode with a guy over here last month who raved about them. In addition my work overseas "daily living allowance" paid for them, as long as I dont eat for a few days!
    The reason I wanted these is I have been doing some gnarly rides lately where a flat tyre would really suck. I did the wires/gutbuster in reverse last Sunday and it would have been nice to have run 6 PSI or so without worrying about pinch flats on those rocks! The most interesting point after the puncture prevention is the weight saving claim by the maker of up to 3 pounds per tyre...this is with heavy duty tubes which I do currently run. It will be very interesting to see if this a) is true and b) makes a noticable difference to the handling and acceleration as claimed by Nuetech. I am a little sceptical but I will try to weigh the before and after setup when I install on Sunday or Monday after I get back home. The real trial will be after a ride but I don't think that will happen until the weekend following this one. I will update when I can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nuetech.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	138057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nuetech_tubliss.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	138058  

Bike
    Honda CRF250X
    Quote Originally Posted by K6K View Post
    I have just got a set of these today while working in Hawaii to fit to my WR250F.
    http://www.nuetech.com/tubliss.shtml
    I have seen mostly good reviews online about them and although they are pretty expensive ($100 USD per end) I rode with a guy over here last month who raved about them. In addition my work overseas "daily living allowance" paid for them, as long as I dont eat for a few days!
    The reason I wanted these is I have been doing some gnarly rides lately where a flat tyre would really suck. I did the wires/gutbuster in reverse last Sunday and it would have been nice to have run 6 PSI or so without worrying about pinch flats on those rocks! The most interesting point after the puncture prevention is the weight saving claim by the maker of up to 3 pounds per tyre...this is with heavy duty tubes which I do currently run. It will be very interesting to see if this a) is true and b) makes a noticable difference to the handling and acceleration as claimed by Nuetech. I am a little sceptical but I will try to weigh the before and after setup when I install on Sunday or Monday after I get back home. The real trial will be after a ride but I don't think that will happen until the weekend following this one. I will update when I can.
    You can still get punctures if not more so if you get a good slice, you would of been better off with the Bib-Mousse. I know some that run the mousses for 18 months. Although I'm running HD tubes and 2 rim locks down to 5 psi.
    www.offroadimports.co.nz Stompgrip Road And Dirt, Hyde Hard Parts, BT Handguards, Scorpion Rad Braces.

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    how much are the bib mousses worth?

Bike
    Changes Weekly
    Quote Originally Posted by B0000M View Post
    are they the same as "moose tubes"? its like a sponge type inner for the tyre?
    SHE LOOKED UP AT ME WITH BLOOD IN HER EYES
    THEN HER SKIN FELL OFF
    AND SHE PROMPTLY DIED
    IT WAS EBOLA, LA LA LA EBOLA

Bike
    Honda CRF250X
    Quote Originally Posted by B0000M View Post
    not sure think they are about $300 each not cheap
    www.offroadimports.co.nz Stompgrip Road And Dirt, Hyde Hard Parts, BT Handguards, Scorpion Rad Braces.

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    i dont know what a moose tube, the bib mousse is a michelin product, which from the small picture on their catalog thing appears to be along those lines

Bike
    Honda CRF250X
    Quote Originally Posted by dafydd roberts View Post
    not sure think they are about $300 each not cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcr250 View Post
    are they the same as "moose tubes"? its like a sponge type inner for the tyre?
    Yep thats the one

Bike
    2010 KTM 300 exc
    Quote Originally Posted by dafydd roberts View Post
    You can still get punctures if not more so if you get a good slice, you would of been better off with the Bib-Mousse. I know some that run the mousses for 18 months. Although I'm running HD tubes and 2 rim locks down to 5 psi.
    Didnt you have a puncture on a ride a few months ago? I seem to remember you cursing some brand of HD tube as rubbish....
    If I was doing a lot of racing, and was any good at it then a Mousse would be the best option to totally eliminate the risk of a flat and eliminating that risk would be worth putting up with the downsides of mousses. The price, durability and the fact that mousses start at 13 PSI and only decrease as they wear out (except with a drill) are pretty big downsides so mousses would not be worth it for me.

Bike
    Honda CRF250X
    Quote Originally Posted by K6K View Post
    Didnt you have a puncture on a ride a few months ago? I seem to remember you cursing some brand of HD tube as rubbish....
    If I was doing a lot of racing, and was any good at it then a Mousse would be the best option to totally eliminate the risk of a flat and eliminating that risk would be worth putting up with the downsides of mousses. The price, durability and the fact that mousses start at 13 PSI and only decrease as they wear out (except with a drill) are pretty big downsides so mousses would not be worth it for me.
    Ye though I'd had a puncture called the ride off got home took the tube out found out it was a leaking valve, so had rode nearly 10k with a flat tyre but because I had the rim locks the tyre had not spun at all replaced the valve was fine. I just though that you wanted to totally eliminate the risk of a puncture and a mousse would be the way to do it, basically now your tyre is the tube and to me is more vulnerable.

But see how it goes

Bike
    09crf250r
    thay wouldnt work well for you then daf seeing as when you change your tyres thay look like road bike slicks

Bike
    09 KTM250
    K6K - How did you pull up on Monday after the gut buster in reverse? Looked pretty shagged at the end of the day. I run Bib Mousse front and rear and wouldn't go back to heavy duty tubes. Bib's will last longer if they are lubed after 4-6hrs of runnning time.

Bike
    Honda CRF250X
    Quote Originally Posted by jt119 View Post
    thay wouldnt work well for you then daf seeing as when you change your tyres thay look like road bike slicks
    Ye have to make sure you get the most out of your tire. Also haveing an 18inch rim there is just so many tires out there.

Bike
    2010 KTM 300 exc
    Quote Originally Posted by priceys View Post
    K6K - How did you pull up on Monday after the gut buster in reverse? Looked pretty shagged at the end of the day. I run Bib Mousse front and rear and wouldn't go back to heavy duty tubes. Bib's will last longer if they are lubed after 4-6hrs of runnning time.
    I was sore but it was more fatigue than any injury and it faded pretty quick. I'm already thinking of going back on my 'never again' coment sometime but I'm going to do a hell of a lot of cardio work at the gym first!
    Thanks again for all the help on the ride from both yourself and Daf. I did learn a lot from that ride, after seeing some of the crazy lines that you got up with no help I started hitting things harder, keeping more momentum and surprising myself on how some of the difficult looking lines were not that bad. By that time of course I was absolutely shagged so I would like to try again when the fitness is up (or a similar difficult ride)

Bike
    300EXC
    So have you used these yet K6K? Been reading alot of reviews about them.. They sound very good.

Bike
    2010 KTM 300 exc
    Quote Originally Posted by vazza View Post
    So have you used these yet K6K? Been reading alot of reviews about them.. They sound very good.
    Yeah I transfered them over to the KTM and still use them. The main difference you feel is on the rear with really low pressures - 6 - 7 PSI. There is a lot less sidewall roll so it doesn't feel as vague leaned over or under power. The tubliss protects the rim really well too so you don't get the clunck sound when the force of a rock or tree root goes right onto the rim. Lately In the hard stuff I run pretty normal pressures but can go lower if need without really worrying about pinch flats. On long rides I carry a ATV type tubless tyre repair kit which is pretty small and should be easier to repair a puncture than fixing a tube. I have not had a puncture yet so don't know yet. If I did get a puncture because the tubliss core would still be inflated and protecting the rim so I would be much more comfortable with pushing it quite a bit more than with a flat tube (depending on the terrain).
    I did weigh the rear going from the worn stock rear tyre and std light weight tube to the tubliss core and new bridgestone m404 and it was about 1KG lighter. The front was only a few hundred grams lighter but there would be a bit more with HD tubes.
    I did notice a very slight improvement on the WR250F with accelleration (lighter unsprung weight) but it was only slight. On the KTM it was still new and I was nowhere near used to it so couldn't tell you if there was a noticable difference in handling.
    Overall I like them, and as I got them pretty cheap it was a good upgrade but if I was doing it again there are possible upgrades that it might have been better to put the money towards first (like suspension revalve maybe).
    Once you get back riding your welcome to ride mine back to back with yours, be interesting to see if you can feel a difference.

Thread Information