Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch Motorcycles? What's their reputation like?

Bike
    All sorts

Blah Christchurch Motorcycles? What's their reputation like?

I am emailing a guy called Kelly Stephens at Christchurch MC's about a CB1300. ANyone know this guy/ dealer? Good reputation or not? If anyone wanted to be really helpful could you have a look at the bike for me? Apparently it is getting a ding repaired on front wheel, it is a direct import from Japan. ASking a bizarre price of $6888, ask him if he'll do it cheaper for cash.

Thanks from sunny Auckland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chchill02.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	9041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DisplayImage.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	9042  

Bike
    04, Honda Firestorm
    I am emailing Kelly about a Monster they have too so am keen to see if you get any info on their reputation, noticed today flights to chch were only $49 one way...

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja

Bike
    I think Linsey is the owner, my mate bought his R1 from them, they seem good to deal with, my mate got a demon deal on his bike...it was on trademe for a while...the R1 with full Over racing system Ck Flat slides blablabla, he only paid $8000 for it...so from his experiance i would fully rate them.

Bike
    '04 GS1200ss, '08 DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by swanman
    I am emailing a guy called Kelly Stephens at Christchurch MC's about a CB1300. ANyone know this guy/ dealer?
    Hi Swanman
    I did not know they existed until your post but as they are only 2.3 minutes from my home I can easily drop in and have a chat. Do you want someone to look over the bike or anything? I see they are closed today (must have a day job) but I will drop thru in the next day or so out of interest.

Bike
    All sorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie
    Hi Swanman
    I did not know they existed until your post but as they are only 2.3 minutes from my home I can easily drop in and have a chat. Do you want someone to look over the bike or anything? I see they are closed today (must have a day job) but I will drop thru in the next day or so out of interest.
    That would be great, cheers. I am only interested in it if it is mint. You might try talking money to him (superficialy) and see if he is negotiable at all on his price of $6888. I'd prob be interested for $6 or less. The kays seem quite low for the year too. He mentioned the front wheel needs a repair, (so there has been some sort of incident in its recent history) and that it is a direct import from Japan, so the reg/wof thing needs to be asked about too.

Thanks.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Hi Swanman I did not know they existed until your post.
    They've been around in one form or another for over 20+ years,I remember walking in there one Saturday morning(cnr Tuam and Montreal)10am ish and being offered a beer by the guy behind the counter
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.

Like Kickaha, I remember them as being around for ages too.

Lindsay Williamson used to race - he and John Britten raced a BMW K100 in a Castrol Six Hour many years ago. (I'm sure Lindsay is still involved with Chch M/cycles)

Aren't they Voxan agents now?

Being frustrated is disagreeable.

But the real disasters in life begin when you get what you want.

Bike
    Swanman
    I dropped into Christchurch Motorcycles tonite (first time). They seemed a reasonably genuine bunch (met Lindsay and one other). Had mainly Triumphs and Harleys and trailbikes. About 15 in total.

The CB1300 looks very tidy with a quick look over. They lathed out a flat bit in the front rim. He indicated it was about 3-4cm long and not very deep. Just been repainted and it looked undamaged. Paintwork on the bike is great, no signs of being scraped on the road anywhere. Vinyl all good. Has new back sprocket and chain and new battery ($120 they said). Both tyres good. But they were unable to start it today. Put that down to the bike having sat for a time and needing a good clean out of fuel system and plugs. Didn't sound like they would drop the price much.

I can easily go back and see it when it is going. What else do you want to know. Have they sent you any pics?

Alan

Bike
    All sorts
    Swanman
    I dropped into Christchurch Motorcycles tonite (first time). They seemed a reasonably genuine bunch (met Lindsay and one other). Had mainly Triumphs and Harleys and trailbikes. About 15 in total.

The CB1300 looks very tidy with a quick look over. They lathed out a flat bit in the front rim. He indicated it was about 3-4cm long and not very deep. Just been repainted and it looked undamaged. Paintwork on the bike is great, no signs of being scraped on the road anywhere. Vinyl all good. Has new back sprocket and chain and new battery ($120 they said). Both tyres good. But they were unable to start it today. Put that down to the bike having sat for a time and needing a good clean out of fuel system and plugs. Didn't sound like they would drop the price much.

I can easily go back and see it when it is going. What else do you want to know. Have they sent you any pics?

Alan
    Yes they have sent some pics now. However in every picture the seat is not attached correctly, is it allright? Kelly also tells me that someone else is interested in the bike LOL that's probably you! Yeh be interested to see what you think when it is running, maybe you could take it for a ride.

Cheers mate, good job.

Bike
    Kelly also tells me that someone else is interested in the bike LOL that's probably you! Yeh be interested to see what you think when it is running, maybe you could take it for a ride.
    No sweat.

The seat looked OK when I saw it. It is very wide and looks ultra comfy for long trips. They may have had it off to change the battery. They did also say that there was someone from Southland interested (ie not me). I didn't want to pass it on cos you know what salesmen are like - might offer a Ginzu knife if asked .

Will see what I'm up to tomorrow.

Bike
    2004 Voxan Roadster & 1995 Honda NTV650

Thumbs up Chch MCs are good guys

I am emailing a guy called Kelly Stephens at Christchurch MC's about a CB1300. ANyone know this guy/ dealer? Good reputation or not?
    The top man Lindsay Williamson is honestly one of the best guys I've come across, albeit a little casual. He is honest, genuine, and reliable. I bought my Voxan from him and would give him my business any time and encourage others to give him theirs also unless a bad rep is voiced by anyone else (which I think is highly unlikely).
    Reality is an illusion encouraged by consensus.

Bike
    I am emailing a guy called Kelly Stephens at Christchurch MC's about a CB1300
    Hi again Swanman. Went into Chch mcs again today and met Kelly. SHE is definitely not a guy but a pleasant and knowledgable non-guy.

She said the guy, oops, person (can't be too careful eh) in Invercargill has first refusal on the 1300. It is not running well at the mo so didn't take it out. They hope to sort it on Monday and get an answer from the other interested person. You are second in line.

Glad to see your recomendation from having dealt with them RW. They seemed genuine to me, but I have been wrong before ........once um....

Swanman, Let us know what works out.

Bike
    ninja 250
    Yeah, I bought my (crashed) CBR600 off Lyndsay, it was originally on Trade Me and the guy I dealt with was a Pete Doaks, who listed under emoto on Trade Me. But Lyndsay was the guy I gave the cheque to in the end. I'd buy another bike off them again, no worries at all.

Bike
    2004 krr zx150
    By any small chance did you happen to see/look at a black and silver FZR250 while you were there?

Just happened to see this post and am going to check it out tomorrow, could save me a little time if someone had

Thanks.

Thread Information