Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Switching to a CRF150R

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by crfchick View Post
    How do these prices compare with a new 150R just out of curiosity? Thanks!
    according to their website they are $9500 for a big wheel,

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by inlinefour View Post
    Anything with small wheels cannot be lent over, like a real motorcycle. Hence if your riding a crappy bike with crappy little wheels, your not riding or even learning how to ride a real motorcycle. Scoots etc have a limit on how far you can lean it over, where as a motorcycle with the larger wheels will lean much further, adding safety, control, more speed and enjoyment to your riding experience. Ive ridden a scoot with little wheels many a time and the only one I particularly liked was the Mrs's street magic. However when she made me promise to stop doing stoppies, it just became another rubbish scoot to me and I went back to riding a real motorcycle.
    lol

this one takes the cake! its even less relevant than ever before.

well done.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR-Z125L
    Anything with small wheels cannot be lent over, like a real motorcycle. Hence if your riding a crappy bike with crappy little wheels, your not riding or even learning how to ride a real motorcycle. Scoots etc have a limit on how far you can lean it over, where as a motorcycle with the larger wheels will lean much further, adding safety, control, more speed and enjoyment to your riding experience. Ive ridden a scoot with little wheels many a time and the only one I particularly liked was the Mrs's street magic. However when she made me promise to stop doing stoppies, it just became another rubbish scoot to me and I went back to riding a real motorcycle.
    Unbelievable...

"Lean like a cholo, side to side"

"Just get a GN250 and put offroad tyres on it"

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammikins View Post
    Unbelievable...

i even issued some big bad 'rep' lol

Bike
    2013 KTM200 & Kawasaki Ninja 300
    Quote Originally Posted by clmintie View Post
    I thinlk you already know how to put petrol in your bikes.....

Caption for pic below, said in best David Attenborough voice....

Watch as the female nourishes her young..............
    Ah it's a lovely thing to watch, tender and loving, my baby! Can't believe you dug that one out CL MINTIE! Thanks for that! Couldn't be more apt!

Bike
    What the F...!!! Geez man what planet are you on! I think a few of us girls on 'crappy bikes with crappy little wheels' could whip your ass! Maybe you should head out to Woodhill one Wednesday and see if we lean over at all! Un fu..... believable!!!! Get a life!!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I think an apology is in order!
    Sorry I didn't mean to inadvertently make out you didn't know what you where doing!!
    That's okay Reckless I may get over it some time in the future!! Boo hoo! To be honest I don't know what I'm doing most of the time!!!

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    according to their website they are $9500 for a big wheel,
    JESUS!! isnt a brand new 125 less than that?

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by B0000M View Post
    JESUS!! isnt a brand new 125 less than that?
    yes a brand new RM125 is $8995,

Bike
    2008 YZ125 & 2006 KDX200 & 1983 XL250R
    Pretty sure KTM do a 105 XC? Don't know if they're available in NZ though.

KTM105

68kg, 900mm seat height though.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by krad_nz View Post
    Pretty sure KTM do a 105 XC? Don't know if they're available in NZ though.

KTM105

68kg, 900mm seat height though.
    And what do I find when I go looking for a review to see where the Xc fits into things (ie more enduro or MX).
    A bloody 09 Kawasaki KX100???

So maybe the bikes to fit the hole we are always talking about are out there???
    And I have to apologise for all my quips at the manufacturers and get into our guys instead!!

Scott tell us if the KX100 is the berries over the KX85 for trail riding and for our girls etc!!!!
    Jeepers midget is going to be pissed if the perfect for her is manufactured but no one stocks it LOL!!!

One review here http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...c-ar74868.html they do test the 105 in a enduro environment! but no time at the mo to delve any further!! Good find Krad!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    '07 YZ125
    And what do I find when I go looking for a review to see where the Xc fits into things (ie enduro or MX).

And I have to apologise for all my quips at the manufacturers and get into our guys instead!!

Scott tell us if the KX100 is the berries over the KX85 for trail riding and for our girls etc!!!!
    Jeepers midget is going to be pissed if the perfect for her is manufactured but no one stocks it LOL!!!

One review here http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...c-ar74868.html they do test the 105 in a enduro environment! but no time at the mo to delve any further!! Good find Krad!
    You can get 100s in NZ, just not new ones. I have been known to hassle certain kawasaki dealers about this but it's not been fruitful so far!!! If we could get new KX 100s, I would probably have saved up for one instead of my current, which lived in a garage for about a year before I got it...New bikes for 'little people' are so much cheaper. (I'm looking at the positive side of being 'fun sized' ) The american girls who are midgety by and large rate the kx100s, quite a few of them later switch to the ktm 105s, supposed better suspension or whatnot, but I'm certainly not an expert on that! Anyway I like my 100, it's cool

Except when it dies in the middle of two man boo hoo hoo
    Last edited by SpikedPunch; 20th August 2009 at 21:06. Reason: Typos, so sorry, long liquid lunch today...

Bike
    CR250
    Off topic, but is your bike going better now? What was the issue?

Bike
    Sandpit 2 Smoker
    And what do I find when I go looking for a review to see where the Xc fits into things (ie more enduro or MX).

Yep. On the money there!!

Bike
    '07 YZ125
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    Off topic, but is your bike going better now? What was the issue?
    TBH we haven't really looked at it that much, shameful yes, but the tow vehicle committed hari kiri the same day, and without that we can't go riding anyway. Basically it bites the big one and is gonna cost a whole lot of Gs whatever we do which really really sucks! I'm terrible because every time Krad suggests we fix it (my bike) I suggest we go see a movie or go to lunch or anything other than work on my bike because it's been so often lately it drives me mental when it used to be fun/interesting! Tho I thought I might try giving it a whack the other night and then remembered I have no idea how to work a multimeter without killing myself to death. Bike is sitting all conveniently in bits in the kitchen waiting for krad to guide me thru it since electrical things aren't my strong point (Hi krad!-guess what we're doing this weekend! )
    I can empathise with you now cheesey, You probably head out more than me these days, no riding for ages.....

Thread Information