Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Switching to a CRF150R

Bike
    Suzuki RMZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by quallman1234 View Post
    Did you buy one in the end?

Still gotta have a go on my kdx, ive cleaned up all the plastics, so it doesn't look soo nasty anymore.
    Am still leaning towards the 150R, am keeping an eye out for a good deal now. Only concern is that the bike could be too short for me when standing on the pegs but I guess you get used to what you ride, dont you?
    I'll take you up on that quallman, thanks! 2 strokes still scare the crap out of me though.

Bike
    2015 KTM 200 XC-W
    Quote Originally Posted by crfchick View Post
    Am still leaning towards the 150R, am keeping an eye out for a good deal now. Only concern is that the bike could be too short for me when standing on the pegs but I guess you get used to what you ride, dont you?
    I'll take you up on that quallman, thanks! 2 strokes still scare the crap out of me though.
    You should try a 125 2st before you buy anything. I was shit scared of them before I tried one. You get used to the power and they are so light, easy to start and ride. I've done 250hrs on mine and had no major probs. As there is not as many moving parts as a 4st there is not much that will go wrong if you look after it. I have had a 4st and they are more expensive to maintain. You can have a go on mine if you are ever at the same ride.

Bike
    '07 YZ125
    I would looove to try a 1252t but my 28" inseam disagrees

Bike
    2012 KTM 125sx
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedPunch View Post
    I would looove to try a 1252t but my 28" inseam disagrees
    Lol, you'll just hafta ride without being able to touch the ground!
    One day i'll try John's - still too scared to though as i can only get the toes on one foot on the ground.

Bike
    Suzuki RMZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by TarshYZ125 View Post
    You should try a 125 2st before you buy anything. I was shit scared of them before I tried one. You get used to the power and they are so light, easy to start and ride. I've done 250hrs on mine and had no major probs. As there is not as many moving parts as a 4st there is not much that will go wrong if you look after it. I have had a 4st and they are more expensive to maintain. You can have a go on mine if you are ever at the same ride.
    Thank you! I'd like that! Thing is I dont think I'm an aggressive enough/good enough rider to keep the bike in the powerband - I tend to just cruise along at trail rides! And most people I know down here ride 4 strokes so havent yet had the chance to have a go on a 2t.
    Like I often say to Midget - wish I lived up your way!
    P.s If you are ever down Welly/lower north island way I'd be really keen to get some training off you Tarsh. There's only so much I can learn from watching the guys ride, tehe!

Thread Information