Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get a deregistered bike on the road

Bike
    2005 triumph speed 4
    I noticed when my old bike was re-vinned that they riveted the new VIN plate to the chassis in a very inconvenient spot. Is it "legal" to relocate that plate, or can they be attatched anywhere visable?
    Older, broker & non the wiser.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Anywhere its attatched to the "chasis" of the vehicle. Ie the frame.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    A very usefull website to look at is www.lvvta.org.nz this is for modified vehicles
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAD View Post
    I noticed when my old bike was re-vinned that they riveted the new VIN plate to the chassis in a very inconvenient spot. Is it "legal" to relocate that plate, or can they be attatched anywhere visable?
    You too huh? On my scooter they riveted it onto the main frame tube underneath, which probably seemed a good place but unfortunately the main tube is also the exhaust and contains a muffler, so if I want to remove it I'll have to drill the rivets out.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    VTR1000, RM 250 and a few toys
    This website may be of use as well. Has a few of the forms which need filling out including the one which you need to take to the police to sign.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/vi...ntry-cert.html
    You know you had a good nite when you have to ask someone if you had a good nite.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    To date we have had a good response - could be another one or two - but this should give you good coverage.>>
    All these Certifiers are actually doing MOTORCYCLE certification - most have done a few this year. Alex Gee is the person focussed on Motorcycles.

Alex is actually a LVVTA member too. All the others are Light Vehicle.>>
    1. Bob Kistemaker Auckland vrc@actrix.co.nz >>
    2. Alex Gee " geeam@ihug.co.nz >>
    3. Ewan Clark " cardata@xtra.co.nz >>
    4. Tony Christieson Hamilton tonyspanelshop@xtra.co.nz >>
    5. Wayne Sowry Tauranga wsowry@xtra.co.nz >>
    6. Alan Collins Taupo forsterpb@xtra.co.nz >>
    7. Allan Kellett Gisbourne allan@kol.co.nz >>
    8. Terry Price Wanganui Restorations-Unlimited@xtra.co.nz >>
    9. Roger Greaney Napier ccr1@xtra.co.nz >>
    10. Deane McMillan Wellington demcmillan@actrix.co.nz >>
    11. Dave Bunn ChCh d.bunn@xtra.co.nz >>
    12. Daniel Robin " daniel@drcollision.co.nz >>
    13. Doug Ledbrook " doug@perfectautobody.co.nz >>
    14. Alan Henderson Timaru brownandshipman@xtra.co.nz >>
    15. Peter Fraser Dunedin actionpanel@xtra.co.nz >>
    16. Dave Shierlaw Invercargill precisionpanels@woosh.co.nz>>

Bike
    Kawasaki zzr 250
    I got a bike last week and was given us for free, so we had no ownership papers or anything. It had been de registered for at least 3 years. i just went into the aa and got a vehicle licnesing form, filled it out took it back in with proof of identity and they gave me 6 months rego and a new number plate. I thought it would be alot harder than that but it was really easy.

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Had the rego lapsed rather than being officially deregistered? How much did it cost?
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    bandit 1200s
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post

[*]Tony Christieson Hamilton tonyspanelshop@xtra.co.nz >>
    Not convinced that's the best in Hamilton - they send you to some one else for a chassis check - but don't check axel, wheel alignment, forks, rims, triple clamps.......bla bla bla', this ends up costing you twice as much - pay for the report then for the certificate (for ticking a few boxes)

Gil Tuffin can do them in Hamilton and does a proper job in house and completes the certificate same day $300 +GST ($337.50)
    He's on this site somewhere
    Lifes Just one big ride - buckle up or hang on

Bike
    k..T..m
    I just got a copy of the brake declaration to get my bike Vin'd, the thickness is easy but how do you guys do a home job measurement of the runout?

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Is there a difference between a vehicle written off as uneconomical to repair and written off due to structural damage - as far as requiring a frame cert is concerned? Or will the bike just be listed as "insurance writeoff"?

I have a bike which was written off "on sight" due to damaged front fender, false tank panel and exhaust being damaged - OEM parts = approx $5k, but very obvious no structural damage. I'm talking low speed drop, not a crash.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    AFAIK , no. If an insurance company deregister a bike, as a result of accident damage (not sure about stolen and recovered), the 'dead' rego is flagged as 'accident damaged' in the NZTA database. And to reregister it a frame cert will be required. Makes sense. Otherwise how do you know that a particular bike didn't suffer structural damage. OK, some may be obvious. But others, the assessor may list the cosmetic stuff, reckon that it ways exceeds the value so it will be a write off and not bother looking further for a slightly bent frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

I would of thought to get a deregod bike on the rode, you'd turn the key and ride it
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    That won't work. it's dereg'd becos it crashed. the easiest way to get it on the road is to kick it off the trailer. It'll be on the road then 9assuming you aprk the trailer in the proper place)
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2003, CBR600RR
    Perfect thread considering i just imported a biek from the US. Thanks !

Thread Information