Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get a deregistered bike on the road

Bike
    Ones that do skids
    Does anyone have any idea of the procedure for getting a 50cc bike on the road, registered as a moped?

I have a 1979 YB50 (*ahem*) that I think would make a hilarious runabout, and would also like to be able to legally ride it to large carparks to do stupid stuff on. Except it has no plates, history, road gear or VIN. It's just a bike.

Since mopeds don't even need a WOF, and even little pocket bikes can have plates on them, could it be as easy as going and asking and paying for a plate?

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Give Ian at VTNZ Litchfield st a call. He was very help full when I did my old shitter.

Do you have any old rego docs or plates with the bike? It will make it easier if it has already been on the road here and you have evidence.

Bike
    1989 GN250 cafe racer
    Blog Entries
    after reading the sr250 post i'm feeling a little more at ease with recomplying my gn..but question, if i have the plates and the last registration and wof tags, but no ownership papers, though do have police inspection form saying its not of any interest to them..is that all good? i got it from a mate who got it from his mum who bought it from an old neighbor to use as a farm bike.
    original quote from 98tls - Who gives a shite about Kw when you can all arrive in Fox at the same time sit and have a coffee and thank fuck for motorcycles..whatever the wording on the gas tank.

Bike
    2006 GSF1200S Bandit
    Thanks for this Frosty!
    We are moving back to Auckland from the Northern Territory and I am freighting my BMW R1150RT with Taurus Logistics. Good mob, they supply the crate, etc and do most of the documentation.
    I enquired here about de-registration and they said it wasn't necessary...!

Frosty, I might call on you for advice/help.... , if you don't mind! We are going to be living in Henderson (Edmonton Road)
    4 wheels move the body
    2 wheels move the soul

Bike
    09 Victory Hammer
    Cheers Frosty, this is shit-hot info. I've been down the re-certification road, but am looking into the structural modification options for my next project, so very timely, thanks!

Bike
    1990 GSX-R250
    had to re-cert a bike today, this thread was extreamly helpful, knowing what to expect at each stage made the day a whole lot more comfortable.

Bike
    Buell 2002

bought a 1987 kawasaki GPZ 500

Reg has lapsed due to being a bike from a deceased estate,
    I have;
    -a transfer of ownership from the son that inherited the bike,
    -a copy of an old wof sheet and the actual old wof and registration
    -the original plates
    I gather I don't need the brake cert due to bike age and the police no longer issue statements about vehicles no longer being of interest to them.. so could it be as simple as going to the VTNZ and asking/paying for new plates and then taking the bike in for a wof?
    anyone else had a bike in these circumstances revinned?

Bike
    09 Victory Hammer
    If reg has just lapsed, I think you are right, could be just a 'change of ownership' form and wof/reg but if its become de-registered ie 'off the books' you will need to get the 'not interested' form from the police. I had to get one to get a de-reg bike on the road in March.

Bike
    Buell 2002

rang VTNZ today

they said that because the bike was last registered in 2006, I need to drop it into a specific VTNZ ( not all of them do revinning).. leave it for 3 days for them to get the revinning done.. at least this way I'll get wof/ revinning, new plates and registration done all in the one place, can drop off on trailer and ride it home .. ( fingers crossed!)

Bike
    Honda PC800
    BC VTNZ here in henderson will do it for you.If you want me too I'll look it over pre inspection for you. Theres a chance I might spot something you missed and save you taking it back to VTNZ for recheck
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    1998 Gsxr 750

Unhappy

I'm trying to register from scratch a 1983 VT500c Honda shadow i have no plate, papers or anything I gave VTNZ the frame number and they said there was no record of it anywhere, so i can't register it. Is there anything else i can do to find out the history of the bike?

Bike
    Victory Highball ,Victory V92C
    Gidday,I have just won a tender for a 02 Victory,insurance write-off,but only cosmetic damage,here in Nelson.I plan to rebuild and custom it.Has anyone gone through the process here?
    ROUTE 6 TASMAN MOTORCYCLE CLUB

Bike
    :-( none at present
    Great info for getting your back on the road.
    If you are behind meDont ask as I am lost too.

Bike
    1912 Grindley Peerless
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I'm trying to register from scratch a 1983 VT500c Honda shadow i have no plate, papers or anything I gave VTNZ the frame number and they said there was no record of it anywhere, so i can't register it. Is there anything else i can do to find out the history of the bike?
    carjam the vin(frame) number. if nothing comes up and you cannot prove it has been previously registered elsewhere, forget it.

Bike
    1912 Grindley Peerless
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    carjam the vin(frame) number, if nothing comes up and you have no other evidence at all or it being registered elsewhere, forget it.

Thread Information