Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get a deregistered bike on the road

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Quote Originally Posted by timmehpwr View Post
    okay heres what I did to get my 2000 DRZ400E re-registered after the previous owner handed the plates in 6 years ago..

1. Brake Declaration from Suzuki dealer $45 (don't think this is actually required tho - VTNZ told me it was, NZTA told me it wasn't...)
    2. Letter from last registered owner confirming legitimate sale
    3. Dropped it into VTNZ with paper work and $145 later + cost of 6 months registration its on the road with a new plate!!
    But did you have record of the previous plate or anything related to the previous registration etc.. it isn't a problem re-reg'in dereg vehicles because they have been in the system before..

I want to reg this racebike which has all its road gear but NO history, its never ever been registered before in this country or any other but it is a road bike and has all its road gear.. hmmm I might take it past VTNZ again but I have a couple of years ago and they told me I need de-reg papers or something or nothing can be done which is sad

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Fast eddie. If the bikes in from overseas having never been registered anywhere then good luck ol son.
    BUT if it was imported into NZ and "sold" straight to a race team etc then your best avenue of investigation is to contact the NZ agent.If anybody can prove its legitimacy they can. From there you then go through the whole cycle.
    Don't be suprised though if its a pre production model never actually intended to go on the road. You might find they are a bit less than helpfull if that is the case
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Cheers - yea well I took it into MCR bike shop down here in Dunedin and they recon I just give them the bike, they do a brake cert/check? for 40 bucks per brake/120 bucks all up. And then they take it to VINZ and get it a VIN? It just sounded rather simple to me, too easy. I tried to explain its never been on the road before etc and that I have no history or record of it ever being road registered, But the bike shop insisted it wouldn't be a problem? I dunno.. I was going to give it a go but I don't want to spend money needlessly.

Waddya recon?

Bike
    Oh and who did you mean by NZ Agent? cheers.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    yamaha nz or suzuki nz etc
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Suzuki GN250 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by trevsnz View Post
    I've just got a Yamaha SR250 1980 just back on the road. i was luckly enough to have the plate on the bike. this bike was last rego in 1996 and put on hold till 2003 where it expired. I took it into a VTNZ which I was told they need the bike for the whole day. Cost was $145. the person who does the bike doesn't start till 9.00am At 9:20am I get a call to say its done and Passed and I can pick it up. that was Quick. Takes longer for a normal rego on my car LOL. Then Paid for 6 months rego, that cost $225 with the my new licence plate.. I even still have my old one.
    Very easy
    Which VTNZ is this??? I would love to find a place that is on the cheaper side of the 150 to 250 people say the inspections cost

Bike
    Suzuki GN250 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by swee View Post
    I just got a copy of the brake declaration to get my bike Vin'd, the thickness is easy but how do you guys do a home job measurement of the runout?
    Is the deceleration different for every bike or is it the same declaration for all bikes? If it is the same please could you send it to me

Bike
    Suzuki GN250 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
    after reading the sr250 post i'm feeling a little more at ease with recomplying my gn..but question, if i have the plates and the last registration and wof tags, but no ownership papers, though do have police inspection form saying its not of any interest to them..is that all good? i got it from a mate who got it from his mum who bought it from an old neighbor to use as a farm bike.
    How did the process go for your GN? I am getting a de-registered GN250 today and would be interested in hearing your story to see if it can help me when i do mine

Bike
    Suzuki GN250 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    BC VTNZ here in henderson will do it for you.If you want me too I'll look it over pre inspection for you. Theres a chance I might spot something you missed and save you taking it back to VTNZ for recheck
    Hey Frosty, if you are free would you mind also checking over mine before i send it in? I currently need a new front tyre and indicator casing then I think that it will be ready. It would be nice to get a second opinion before i send it in though I would like it just to fly through

The bike is a GN250 2007

Bike
    1989 GN250 cafe racer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexofbbulgaria View Post
    How did the process go for your GN? I am getting a de-registered GN250 today and would be interested in hearing your story to see if it can help me when i do mine
    Really easy. As long as everything is legal, you've got nothing to worry about
    original quote from 98tls - Who gives a shite about Kw when you can all arrive in Fox at the same time sit and have a coffee and thank fuck for motorcycles..whatever the wording on the gas tank.

Bike
    Suzuki GN250 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
    Really easy. As long as everything is legal, you've got nothing to worry about
    did ur bike have any rust on the front forkes like this?

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoser...81210_full.jpg

Which VTNZ is this??? I would love to find a place that is on the cheaper side of the 150 to 250 people say the inspections cost
    that price was from 3 years ago....
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    1989 GN250 cafe racer
    Blog Entries
    did ur bike have any rust on the front forkes like this?

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoser...81210_full.jpg
    No but as I understand if it's not on the slider bit that goes through the seal you may be ok. Don't quote me on that though.. It may need cleaning up (there's plenty of info online for that) or buy some new forks.. They're one of the most common bikes in NZ so shouldn't be too hard to find spare parts.
    original quote from 98tls - Who gives a shite about Kw when you can all arrive in Fox at the same time sit and have a coffee and thank fuck for motorcycles..whatever the wording on the gas tank.

Bike
    RGV250 VJ21, VFR400R NC30
    Hey Guys, Ive got a pretty dumb question but thought Id ask it here first than start a new thread.

My bike has had (I think) its rego put on hold from sometime around 2007, (I cant remember) and obviously has had its WOF expire. Who would be the best person to talk to so I can see where my bike lies legally? Like, if I need to go through the whole re-registering saga or what. Would it best to go into the post office, AA or something? VTNZ? Its still got its VIN# and I have the plate floating around somewhere if that helps.

Can someone also let me know if the information for Option #1 in the OP is still valid, Im not worried about prices, just steps to take.

Oh and lastly, who can do I talk to so I can some some proof of ownership paperwork? AA or something?

Cheers for any advice you can pass on, cant wait to get this RGV back on the road.

Bike
    do you still have the number plate? and do you have a piece of paper that says you are the legal owner?
    thats all you need, then take it to VTNZ or VINZ and they will do a slightly harder wof and then give you a new plate and licensing. its not that hard.

just take bike into VTNZ with old plate on it and you should be sweet.

if you don't have old plate it gets a little trickier but should still be able to trace its history easy enough.

regardless, VTNZ is prob your first port of call.

Thread Information