Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scam artist on Trademe.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Found this a bit confusing for a start, I never use my TradeMe account etc and got a bit of a fright thinking some prick had been using it to post scams!

After nervously reading the rest of the posts on the thread, the penny began to drop that someone was holding up a mirror and I was logging on to my own account!

On the one hand I can see the joke but on the other hand, my computer ignorance left me a bit insecure and my subconscious kept cocking my left hook!

Would the OP think it funny if he was within reach and copped a smack in the mouth for his trouble?

Practical jokers often demonstrate that they can't take it when their practical jokes go sour on them.
    The thing I am worried about is HOW this was done. Yes, it's 'clever', like many internet jokes, but am I the only one here who worries that if he can make us link to our TM pages, he can access or link to other accounts we have permanently logged on on our computers? I realise the internet is not 'safe' from anyone, but like many others here, I clicked on the link expecting to see details of some trader who was dealing in dodgy stuff. When it linked to MY page, I immediately thought I'd been targeted in some petty little KB tit-for-tat game for something I'd said or done recently, which is why I reacted the way I did.

I DO have a sense of humour but it doesn't extend to crap like this. Nor does it extend to private messages and flame warrior nominations from people who I thought were old enough and mature enough to not behave like this.

A few years ago KB went through a nasty and petty stage and I stepped back from posting. Looks like it may be time to do so again.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Yahmama
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    The thing I am worried about is HOW this was done. Yes, it's 'clever', like many internet jokes, but am I the only one here who worries that if he can make us link to our TM pages, he can access or link to other accounts we have permanently logged on on our computers? I realise the internet is not 'safe' from anyone, but like many others here, I clicked on the link expecting to see details of some trader who was dealing in dodgy stuff. When it linked to MY page, I immediately thought I'd been targeted in some petty little KB tit-for-tat game for something I'd said or done recently, which is why I reacted the way I did.

I DO have a sense of humour but it doesn't extend to crap like this. Not does it extend to private messages and flame warrior nominations from people who I thought were old enough and mature enough to not behave like this.

A few years ago KB went through a nasty and petty stage and I stepped back from posting. Looks like it may be time to do so again.

24 hours have gone by and you still don't understand that he (Jizah) can't access pages you've permanently logged into - he's put up a generic link that you clicked on, on your own computer, which takes you to a page which you are logged into.

HE CAN"T ACCESS YOUR DETAILS - SO RELAX you are just makin a dick of yourself

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E

I DO have a sense of humour but it doesn't extend to crap like this. Not does it extend to private messages and flame warrior nominations from people who I thought were old enough and mature enough to not behave like this.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/usercp.php

If you click on that, you will be taken to your KB User Control Panel.

OMG I HAZ HACKD UR ACCOUNTZ!!11

It's just a generic link ffs. As has already been explained several times in this thread.

A BETTER reason for you to be stepping back from posting for a while would be because you're too fucking stupid for the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalor View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA! Awesome!!

For all you fools that fell for it.... GET A BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!
    Hey, ya cheeky young bugger! Line up for I'll warm up with you, then move onto.....
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post

It's just a generic link ffs. As has already been explained several times in this thread.
    .....now that I've warmed up on Metalor, come here you naughty little bugger, your turn. Now bend over...

I can see my riding crop is going to get lots of use.

Oi, don't you run away, get back here!!!

Katman to steveb64

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/usercp.php

If you click on that, you will be taken to your KB User Control Panel.

A BETTER reason for you to be stepping back from posting for a while would be because you're too fucking stupid for the internet.
    I don't believe it had been explained that well - not all of us are computer geeks who understand how links can be created like this. I still think it's a stupid thing to do, as the original poster was effectively 'publishing' the defamatory information by creating the ability to form these links from your computer so if someone wanted to pursue it, they'd have a good chance of going after him.

If you can't see that, then I think YOU'RE the one who's too fucking stupid for the internet. Oh, I see you are 20, that makes you the authority on everything, yeah, right.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by short-circuit View Post

24 hours have gone by and you still don't understand that he (Jizah) can't access pages you've permanently logged into - he's put up a generic link that you clicked on, on your own computer, which takes you to a page which you are logged into.

HE CAN"T ACCESS YOUR DETAILS - SO RELAX you are just makin a dick of yourself
    I'm not saying he can access my details, I was asking how on earth he could create links that make ME go to those pages. I am not a computer geek (thank christ) but think that there is still something dodgy here - and I wasn't the only one to think this judging by comments made about Jizah getting PMs - and I didn't send him one.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Beemer, it's harmless. I'm not a pooter geek, but all it is is a generic link to take you to YOUR profile, generated by cookies on YOUR pooter. It's like this thread, if I jump outta kb and run the address in my pooter, it will pop up as me being logged in to kb...if you do it on yours it will pop up as you being logged in, even though we used the same addy...
    It is quite clever, but completely harmless as it will only go to the page applicable to the computer being used to do it.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    .... think that there is still something dodgy here - and I wasn't the only one to think this judging by comments made about Jizah getting PMs - and I didn't send him one.
    Perhaps you young 'uns who are having such a huge laugh at our expense feel it's your moment of "revenge of the nerds".

Take a bit of a step back and put yourself in our position if you can. With the huge amount of internet fraud, scams, malicious computerware such as spyware, viruses, worms etc. can you really blame those of us who don't have your 'puter expertise for, at least momentarily, flipping out?

If you had been laughing at our bike skills or "old fashioned values" or whatever, we can live with that. But for something as sensitive as personal data intrusion (yes, yes I know it actually wasn't, but it was a pretty close imitation) that does leave people feeling very vulnerable.

Just putting my 10c in (it's gone up from the 2c of my first post here).

Katman to steveb64

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    I don't believe it had been explained that well - not all of us are computer geeks who understand how links can be created like this. I still think it's a stupid thing to do, as the original poster was effectively 'publishing' the defamatory information by creating the ability to form these links from your computer so if someone wanted to pursue it, they'd have a good chance of going after him.

If you can't see that, then I think YOU'RE the one who's too fucking stupid for the internet. Oh, I see you are 20, that makes you the authority on everything, yeah, right.
    Much better for people to be spending their time playing intelligent pranks, rather than doing skids and baiting cops in their boyracer cars in Hamiltron.

And you'd be laughed out of court if you tried to push a defamation case. In order to be "defamed" you need to be able to prove that you have suffered a loss of respect or dignity in the eyes of others as a result of what the defamer has said/written. Of course, as the only person that could see your own TM homepage in indeed yourself, then nobody else has thought any the less of you.

Until you put your foot in your mouth on KB and start threatening to "take it international".

As yes, congratulations, you have figured out that I am twenty. Still, that puts me one higher than you on the IQ scale as even at a youthful 20 years of age, I'm still not thick enough to live in Horowhenua.

That said, I am still thick enough to live in Auckland. Ah well, 'tis a upgrade from the old Moscow home.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    `
    I'm not saying he can access my details, I was asking how on earth he could create links that make ME go to those pages. I am not a computer geek (thank christ) but think that there is still something dodgy here
    The only thing dodgy is that you can't quite grasp what is going on here... Hangon, let me finish digitally infiltrating the pentagon because I'm a computer geek... Right: Here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/usercp.php
    Now, are you looking at your own user CP, maybe you can see a little green rep saying "relax ow"? What about this

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/pr...do=editprofile

OMG IM IN UR ACCOUNTZ CHANGIN UR DETAILS

He's a computer geek because he can copy paste a link ? Yea, next thing he'll be hacking into the Central Intelligence Bureaus database, maybe sell the information to china!

THIS!!!!

Bike
    `
    Jesus christ, it seems that when ever you are around these gullibillies, if you can right click>copy>paste, you are a computer geek enacting a "revenge of the nerds"

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    can you really blame those of us who don't have your 'puter expertise for, at least momentarily, flipping out?
    No one cares about being tricked by it, it's just really funny that beemer has had it explained to her/him and how it works, but because beemer has already committed to "taking it international" or what ever, she/he can't seem to get over it

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Take a bit of a step back and put yourself in our position if you can.
    Look your sounding old now....put yourself in their shoes....they just think it's funny and harmless and don't get why everyone's so upset.
    It is harmless and you'll never get through to them young whippersnappers anyhoo.....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Much better for people to be spending their time playing intelligent pranks, rather than doing skids and baiting cops in their boyracer cars in Hamiltron.

blah blah blah

As yes, congratulations, you have figured out that I am twenty. Still, that puts me one higher than you on the IQ scale as even at a youthful 20 years of age, I'm still not thick enough to live in Horowhenua.

That said, I am still thick enough to live in Auckland. Ah well, 'tis a upgrade from the old Moscow home.
    At least you were clever enough to poke fun at yourself for living in Auckland before anyone else did!

Okay - maybe I overreacted, but like I said, I had no idea how it was done and I WAS the first one to find his thread and click on the link. As explained, on here it's easy to piss someone off (hell, I did it once for daring to say I didn't like babies, go figure) and get flamed, red repped, abusive PMs, etc so take a step back and look at it from our perspective. Yes, I am older than 20 (and I am rapt about that, trust me), but sometimes what you young 'uns think is funny doesn't quite tickle our funny bones.

If the original poster had jumped in and said "ha ha, fooled you, this is how it works" I think several of us would have left it at that. I got a hell of a fright when I clicked on the link and it went to my TM page as I do currently have a bike for sale and this post made me think someone had mistakenly thought I was a thief. I immediately thought "great, I know what this is in retaliation for" (and am pleased that is not the case) and wanted it stopped before anyone posted what I thought was available for everyone to see, somewhere else. That's what got me so pissed off.

And the Horowhenua doesn't seem to exist except on a map - mostly we get lumped in with Manawatu - and don't chuck off at them as there are quite a few who would willingly thump you!

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Look your sounding old now....
    let me check. Damn! I am old! When you get to my age you forget stuff like what was I saying again? Oh, I think it was going to be "you forget stuff like how old you are". No, I mean yes, uh, hang on. Sigh. I need coffee.

p.s you will have to wait for your bling, i've given out too much in the last 24 hours.

Katman to steveb64

Thread Information