Thread: Special pages

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries

Special pages

I have created a new special page called "Unregioned pages" This will list any pages that don't belong to a Region and North/South Island category. You can find it at the bottom of the Special Pages list page.

Along with other special pages like Uncategorized pages and Unused categories, it will make it easy to keep all pages properly categorized to make them easy to find.

Should we now remove the link only pages like those listed under 'Wanted Articles" on the wiki main page?

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
    Should we now remove the link only pages like those listed under 'Wanted Articles" on the wiki main page?
    Terminate the temporary link only pages. They consume a lot of the home page real estate.

I would also terminate the top half of the paragraph under "New Zealand's Motorcycle Wiki" on the home page.
    Maybe create an "About the Wiki" section and move the details off the home page into that sub page. You could add the link next to the "Help info" link line at the top of the home page.

And how about a search option? Even if it just uses Google search.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    Look harder

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, don't know how I missed that before.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    Terminate the temporary link only pages. They consume a lot of the home page real estate.

I would also terminate the top half of the paragraph under "New Zealand's Motorcycle Wiki" on the home page.
    Maybe create an "About the Wiki" section and move the details off the home page into that sub page. You could add the link next to the "Help info" link line at the top of the home page.

Looking more carefully at the home page I see you already have link to a blank "About" page (down the bottom of the home page):
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/New_...cle_Wiki:About

How about moving some of the home page info to that page. I don't have edit permission on that page, so presumably only site administrators can fill it in.

Thread Information