Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ridden the Pirelli Angel ST?

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    Lol, anything else to add that would swing my next tyre choice towards these instead of; Storms, road attack, PP2ct etc?

Or are they just another sport touring tyre made by a big name and just on par with rest?

1st fact

PIRELLI SETS 24HR WORLD DURATION RECORD on new ANGEL ST
    Narḍ (Lecce, Italy) March 14-15th 2009 – Pirelli and international journalists recorded a new 24-
    hour World Duration Record at the Narḍ Technical Center aboard at 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa,
    covering a distance of 5135.071 km (3190.8 mi) at an average speed of 213.96 km/h (132.9
    mph) using only one set of Pirelli’s new Angel ST sport-touring tyre, a road tour simulation
    equal to 12,000 km (7,500 mi) at normal speeds.

2nd fact

Purchase a set from me, and if after 1000k you DO NOT HONESTLY like, I will refund your money, and take the tyres back.

Now PM me your size choice, and I will look into the price for you
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Mate has them on his cbr600rr and loves them...

Haven't ridden on them myself, but I do find the Strada (the one Angel's replaced) a good performer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    675cc of naked British goodness
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Mate has them on his cbr600rr and loves them...

Haven't ridden on them myself, but I do find the Strada (the one Angel's replaced) a good performer.
    Cheers Gremlin.... seems like they are becoming a pretty good option
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind" - Aristotle

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisanga View Post
    Cheers Gremlin.... seems like they are becoming a pretty good option

Check out how many ROAD races Pirelli have won at the Isle of Man TT and Nth West and the Ulster Gp, and you will trully understand why Pirelli is the very best Road tyre out there, they have been there and done that, and still are growing
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    I've had Strada's and liked them except they wore out by 10k. First set of PR2's lasted 12k so quite impressed with them.

Current set has 4k on them and when they're stuffed I'll definitely be considering the Angels. So far the Concours forum seem to be liking them...

Bike
    None any more
    After a suboptimal experience with the Conti Motions (cheap is as cheap does) I may well try the Angels at the next change -- just before Christmas, as I reckon there may be another 3-4,000km in the Motions. Who knows. They're getting pretty shabby.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    After a suboptimal experience with the Conti Motions (cheap is as cheap does) I may well try the Angels at the next change -- just before Christmas, as I reckon there may be another 3-4,000km in the Motions. Who knows. They're getting pretty shabby.
    I can't believe you still use them and are going to put up with them for that many more kms!

I swapped mine out for different tyres as soon as I rode into Auckland, after picking up the Hornet from Wellington (which was aleady wearing them) and sold them on trademe.

I could'nt get rid of them soon enough!

If I can find the right price i'm definitely going with the Angels, my PP2cts are ok but I just don't quite like them as much as my old Road attacks, which were great. I am very impressed with the way they have held their shape though, they have'nt squared at all and they've had a bit of motorway time with a pillion and they still have a good shape to them.

It's not like I have money to throw around but i'm kinda looking forward to wearing out my Michelins so I can get these new Pirellis on and see for myself! (this won't be anytime soon, i've done about 3-4 kms on them and they still look brand new, they do'nt look to be squared at all)
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    I but I just don't quite like them as much as my old Road attacks, which were great. I am very impressed with the way they have held their shape though, they have'nt squared at all and they've had a bit of motorway time with a pillion and they still have a good shape to them.
    )
    Keep an eye out next year on the Conti front then - there is something special coming . . . . .

As far as Motion goes, it's a budget tyre, and designed with cost being a big consideration.
    Having said that, if you compare it to other tyres at similar cost (MEZ4, Z6, old pilot Road etc) they stack up well. Same old story though, you get more tyre when you spend more money

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I'd be interesting in a direct comparison between the Angels and the PR2 which I am presently using and am impressed with for my bike and my riding.

One thing - the whole 'Angel-Demon' thing - must be an Italian image thing, it's just a bit of gay marketing to me!

What's Continental up to eh? Time for a dual compound sport-touring tyre to replace the Road Attacks? I have read recently that they are committed to gaining a much higher % of the motorcycle tyre market.

Bike
    Various
    Lol, anything else to add that would swing my next tyre choice towards these instead of; Storms, road attack, PP2ct etc?
    Words fail me. If someone like Shaun says they are bloody awesome, guess what, they are pretty fooken good.

No it's not idol worship, a) I hear he can ride pretty quick and b) who's the first to speak up if something is NOT up to par. He's fucken straight shooter.

Are you concerned that you will be throwing more at these tyres than Shaun did? Don't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    What's Continental up to eh? Time for a dual compound sport-touring tyre to replace the Road Attacks? I have read recently that they are committed to gaining a much higher % of the motorcycle tyre market.
    I'm not sure you'll find dual compound in Conti's or Pirelli's Sport Touring range in the near future, as neither think it's the right choice.
    There are no official announcements yet, but something special is on the way.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    i threw an Angel ST on the front of one of our BMW R12000RT's(120/70 ZR 17)

so far after 3000km it is looking nice and composed with no appreciable loss of shape or wear to speak of.

I took the thing for a thrash to Waipu and back two up,and would have to say the front felt planted and nicely predictable,which is what i like from a front.

The rear was a Diablo Strada,so a Pirelli combo which worked very nicely.

On the subject of Continental Motions,we now run them on our SV 650's and like them a lot.the Dollars-Kilometers ratio stacks up well compared to most out there.They feel fine too,but i am sure a trackday or hard road ride would show up the limitations of the carcass construction which i must say feels a bit soft.
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Words fail me. If someone like Shaun says they are bloody awesome, guess what, they are pretty fooken good.

No it's not idol worship, a) I hear he can ride pretty quick and b) who's the first to speak up if something is NOT up to par. He's fucken straight shooter.

Are you concerned that you will be throwing more at these tyres than Shaun did? Don't be.
    Wow, you certainly took what I wrote out of context.

Obviously I won't be riding them harder than Shaun would, but like most at least semi-intelligent consumers, I like a little bit of information in regards to a $600+ purchase......especially when there is a lot of good competition.

The only thing he'd previously written were, "bloody awesome" and "black and round", which describes quite a few different tyres......

I thought it was a pretty straight forward question really........
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    Various
    I thought it was a pretty straight forward question really........
    You would think so wouldn't you? Well obviously you did.

However reality is somewhat different isn't it.
    It's obvious from all the "I love this tyre/I hate that tyre" threads and the fact the fred binned on these, yet marty recons they're the best thing since sliced bread that most don't know jack shit about tyres, and that in very many cases a tyre that works well on one bike doesn't necessarily work well on another.

Hence I place more credence on what poeple say on tyres on a bike model specific forum, however I digress.

I gather Shaun may however know jack shit and he says they are good. suffice to say that no matter how technical or enlightening Shauns dailog could have been you still wouldn't be able to interpret it for your use. The ONLY way you will know for sure if they work for you on your bike for your usage is to try them.

By keeping it short and sweet it stops every numpty whos has ridden a motorcycle for 6 months wanting to split hairs and argue points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I know someone who will be on Angels within a week.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information