Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ridden the Pirelli Angel ST?

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    You would think so wouldn't you? Well obviously you did.
    \

By keeping it short and sweet it stops every numpty whos has ridden a motorcycle for 6 months wanting to split hairs and argue points.
    all due respect and stuff,but if we all stopped doing that this site would implode on itself in a week.
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    I'm not sure you'll find dual compound in Conti's or Pirelli's Sport Touring range in the near future, as neither think it's the right choice.
    There are no official announcements yet, but something special is on the way.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Is it the awnser to this, that we all would like to know about still?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...d.php?t=112175
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    675cc of naked British goodness
    Just got some Pirelli Angel ST's on my Street Triple this week.... just about scrubbed in and I must say they are very stable and confidence inspiring.... they turn into the corners very well... I am a bit of a Nana but these tyres so far seem really good and a marked improvement over the OEM Bridgestone Qualifiers.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind" - Aristotle

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    There's your issue. Bridgestone don't make Qualifiers, so you've been riding on imaginary tyres man. You should keep doing that - it's cheaper.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    675cc of naked British goodness
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    There's your issue. Bridgestone don't make Qualifiers, so you've been riding on imaginary tyres man. You should keep doing that - it's cheaper.
    Lol good point James. They were actually Dunlop's
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind" - Aristotle

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    All good. Dingoz is using Angel's on his GSX650F and is perfectly happy with them.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    None any more
    Since last Thursday I have had a set of Angel STs on my Shiver. I probably won't have a chance to ride them until this coming weekend. Sigh.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    mate of mind has put a set on for the GC and etc on a 08 CBR600 and he raves about them. Gd in cold / wet / dry
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    GSX650F K9
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    All good. Dingoz is using Angel's on his GSX650F and is perfectly happy with them.
    Indeed. These were the replacements recommended to me by Phil at WMC. And a mighty fine recommendation they have turned out to be. More than happy with the handling. More than happy with the confidence these inspire in the wet and slippery conditions of late.

When they eventually are up for replacement, a new set of angels will be going straight back on

10 + for these
    If your looking at Bike Comms, have a read of this review..

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95905

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    got one on the rear of the XB, now i'm getting one on the rear of the CR... next month or so the front will need a new tyre, and i will be getting them on the front...

they are great for the buells..!!

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Since last Thursday I have had a set of Angel STs on my Shiver. I probably won't have a chance to ride them until this coming weekend. Sigh.
    Interested in your opinion, especially how they compare to the Storm and PR2. I await patiently!
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Interested in your opinion, especially how they compare to the Storm and PR2. I await patiently!
    Had PR2. I think PR2 should last longer, but the Angel is more progressive in lean angle and gives more feed back
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I await patiently!
    Me too. I'm hopeful of getting the Shiver back for this weekend.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2016 GSXS 1000F
    Blog Entries
    I thought about an angel for the rear 2000kms ago and then fitted a BT016. First ride up the takas and the wear was showing, then after a quick run around the water towers, Mauriceville and Pahiatua track the rear sides looked ugly and molten. Now I wait for 3 - 4ks to fit angels front and rear.
    Here for the ride.

Bike
    95 honda cbr900rr 05 zx6rr 89gsxr750
    I have just returned from the Burt Munro and my Angels have now completed 5200 miles which is about 8500 km and they stil have 4mm tread in the centre of the rear . I have been up and down the motorway on them since the end of July and just peeled off 2017 miles around the South Island and back including a 1 day trip from Nelson to Dunedin via the west coast and Haast Pass and being 2 up all the way back from Invercargill with gear . Wet weather grip is outstanding and an improvement on the Stradas which spin if you try hoisting in the rain . Handling is neutral and marginally slower turning then the Strada but still ok . These tyres rate very well in my book and will be the first set I run to the end for a while .

Thread Information