Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ridden the Pirelli Angel ST?

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    tossing up about putting an angel on the rear of the tuono, as its mostly rally's till the end off the season, some good reading here and don at cycletreads said all good feedback so far.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    tossing up about putting an angel on the rear of the tuono, as its mostly rally's till the end off the season, some good reading here and don at cycletreads said all good feedback so far.
    Give it a week, and then talk to your local Contnental dealer - something very very special is about to be released

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    Give it a week, and then talk to your local Contnental dealer - something very very special is about to be released
    A new road/sport attack? There's nothing of mention on the website. Dual compound? I wanna know now!

Lol, I really like the road attacks I had but want to try the new Angels. Besides iv'e never brought Pirellis.
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jamside down.
    A cat glued to some jam toast will hover in quantum indecision

Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat

Fix a computer and it'll break tomorrow.
    Teach its owner to fix it and it'll break in some way you've never seen before.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    A new road/sport attack? There's nothing of mention on the website. Dual compound? I wanna know now!

Lol, I really like the road attacks I had but want to try the new Angels. Besides iv'e never brought Pirellis.
    Ha ha ! good guess
    Road Attack 2 has just landed.
    It gets continuous compound, so is 20% more durable than the original, while also offering 20% more side grip - dry or wet.
    Continuous compound is not a dual compound, but is a linear change from hard to soft across the width of the tyre - no seams or changes, just a linear change, which gives a durable centre with a sticky shoulder for maximum grip.
    It also has "traction Skin" which is a pre abraided surface, so run in time is massively reduced, while safety during run in is massively increased.
    And lastly, the front tyre is now a new carcase which steers better, and is more agile while retaining a high degree of stability and predictability.

This is a seriously good piece of kit, and has features that are aimed at real world riding - we're VERY excited about it, as are the technicians at Continental. I spoke with the compound designer, and he's just fizzed about it.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    :slap:

I knew I should'nt have asked!

I was dead set on getting some Pirellis......Now i'll have to do some thinking about the two!

Ha ha ! good guess
    It gets continuous compound, so is 20% more durable than the original, while also offering 20% more side grip - dry or wet.
    Continuous compound is not a dual compound, but is a linear change from hard to soft across the width of the tyre - no seams or changes, just a linear change, which gives a durable centre with a sticky shoulder for maximum grip.
    It also has "traction Skin" which is a pre abraided surface, so run in time is massively reduced, while safety during run in is massively increased.
    And lastly, the front tyre is now a new carcase which steers better, and is more agile while retaining a high degree of stability and predictability.

This is a seriously good piece of kit, and has features that are aimed at real world riding - we're VERY excited about it, as are the technicians at Continental. I spoke with the compound designer, and he's just fizzed about it.

Bike
    2013 Multistrada
    To late on the Conti info as I have ordered a set of Pirelli Angel ST, mind you my experance of Conti tyres tends to shy me away from them, admittedly it was oh 20 plus years ago but still
    Its not the destination that is important its the journey.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 Y
    The contis of today are a totally different tyre. I prefered my old Road attacks to my new Mich PP2cts onboard now. I've never had such bad slippage on a front tyre, and i've had a lot more skitterish moments than with the contis I had.

I don't usually notice these things so much but it has been definitely noticeable for me.

There are guys with Hornets running PR etc that like them but i've not liked my Michellins from the minute I put them on really.

Quote Originally Posted by JMemonic View Post
    To late on the Conti info as I have ordered a set of Pirelli Angel ST, mind you my experance of Conti tyres tends to shy me away from them, admittedly it was oh 20 plus years ago but still

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    Ha ha ! good guess

Forgive my ignorance but how do these tyres compare to Conti motions in milage and price
    I have just about worn out a set of conti motions at 6000k which dissapoints me as i was lead to believe I would get a lot more
    my riding is mainly spirited weekend riding with some motorway work (north shore to hamptondowns regularly)
    apart from the milage i was happy with them BTW
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    Just put angel st on the back ,half worn rosso on front, did a quick 45km run in , no scary moments , no chicken strips left either, Different bike to ride thru gone to a 180/55 from std 190/50 , really drops into corners . Some relearning on next few rides.

Will know in a week weather I like it. WNR and a weekend away for a rally.

Bike
    2013 Multistrada
    Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    Just put angel st on the back ,half worn rosso on front, did a quick 45km run in , no scary moments , no chicken strips left either, Different bike to ride thru gone to a 180/55 from std 190/50 , really drops into corners . Some relearning on next few rides.

Will know in a week weather I like it. WNR and a weekend away for a rally.
    I am going to stick wioth the 180/55 but the 190/50 route sounds interesting
    Its not the destination that is important its the journey.

Bike
    I am going to stick wioth the 180/55 but the 190/50 route sounds interesting

Have to do this week before I make up my mind , the 180/55 angel st seems to have sharpened the cornering , Original fitment was 190/50 on the tuono. May go back to it.

After some major slips last 2 weeks , decided to ditch the back rosso, getting the last 1000km was going to be a test on the nerves. Think it was mainly slipping as I was leaning ova and hitting the edge of the flat spot, still solid as when cranked right over in a corner and on the gas.

Bike
    None any more
    I'm going to start running 190/50s at the next change. The Shiver has a 6" rear rim, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Why???

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo View Post
    Why?
    Better profile for most rear tyres, compared with a 180/55 on a 6" rim. I'd also like to maximise my contact patch at more extreme lean angles. My various rear tyres on the Shiver have never had chicken strips on them. I'm thinking that that can't be a good thing.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the largest rim you should fit a 180 to is a 5.5 inch. A six would definitly stretch a 180 out.

Thread Information