Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "L" plate in Te Atatu- learners yarns

Bike
    Not many, if any
    how many in tatters N? Im also there alot of the time

As is Old_fart... i think youll find there must be closer to 8 or more of us. Quite funny for such a small place... So tell me.. heading into Tatters from the motorway.. going up main drag almost to challenge station on right, turn right into that street... Where the new estate stuff is kinda... who loves those S's?? Cmon!!! I bet you all do them too! i always do and thru the back down to my small sideroad that links to mainroad.... ahh those S's..

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaka-Kid
    who loves those S's?? Cmon!!! I bet you all do them too!

I *always* feed it the berries through there. I thought I was the only one...
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Honda Bros 650 (Pre 89)
    Hey yeah I no wot you mean. Riding home from work (10pm with exemption) this car passed me in a 50km area and i was going 50! I swear my speedo must be 5ks slower than everyone elses!

Are there any Hastings Learners out there? There are plently of full/restricted motorcycliste eg modified slower version of a firestorm living down my street, and a couple of harlyes round the corner. But what about the learners? Are we a dieing breed?

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaka-Kid
    how many in tatters N? Im also there alot of the time

As is Old_fart... i think youll find there must be closer to 8 or more of us. Quite funny for such a small place... So tell me.. heading into Tatters from the motorway.. going up main drag almost to challenge station on right, turn right into that street... Where the new estate stuff is kinda... who loves those S's?? Cmon!!! I bet you all do them too! i always do and thru the back down to my small sideroad that links to mainroad.... ahh those S's..
    Ummm NO I havent ever thought of going around the new estate area..
    But thanks for the idea thou....
    Me on my cruiser, cruising the streets...lol.

When I come over the bridge into your neck of the woods, I tend to go just to my destination.....lol.

So now Im going to have start cruising those streets a bit more to see if there are any other twisty roads over there.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by crashe
    So now Im going to have start cruising those streets a bit more to see if there are any other twisty roads over there.
    Er, yeah... let's have a KB Te Atatu Chapter meet, loosen our header bolts and do 'laps' up and down past the shops on Saturday morning...

- mikey

Bike
    2006 r6

bugger!

i wish i'd read your li'll s-bend advice before i tottled off to work this morning. guess I'll be taking the long way off the peninsula tomorrow morning.

what is a pm?

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by surfchick
    i wish i'd read your li'll s-bend advice before i tottled off to work this morning. guess I'll be taking the long way off the peninsula tomorrow morning.
    Meh. Just come down SH22 on Saturday for some *proper* motorcycling. There will probably be another feckless learner coming with me, so you'll have someone to feel inadequate with.

Unless it's raining.

what is a pm?
    Private Message. We can send each other email-style messages on the forum. There's a link to your PM page in the upper right-hand corner of the screen when you're looking at KB.
    - mikey

I better get my arse into gear and sort that West Auckland dinner so we can all meet...

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    what is a pm?
    Yeah, what that random j said. If you want to send someone a PM, then click on their name, and select the "Send a private message to..." option on their page.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    2006 r6

Wink dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Joni
    I better get my arse into gear and sort that West Auckland dinner so we can all meet...
    that's the go- or if dinner's a pain in the arse- there's always the classic
    bar & grill there at the back of woolworths- if you can handle the odd mullet and vegetarian food to run away from. definitely a carniverous eat...

Bike
    1999 ZZR250
    welcome to the site and all! I rode with an L plate for the first time today cos it was already on the loaner bike i was provided by the wonderful dudes at TSS, and it was really weird, everyone looked at me like i was about to fall off, or they just had to be passing me....... fair few people didnt like being passed by a L plate wearer, and the looks i got when doin (slightly mad) filtering on the m/way WOAH woulda thought theses cages had seena ghost.... get no reaction doing the same thing on my, much louder ZZR,
    got into town and i could feel the cagers disrespecting me because of the plate, scary, twas as though "they knew better than to let an L plate rider filter to the lights" Fark knows?!?!?

i know i dont wanna put one on my bike till I go see Mr T in Tawa about my CBTA restricted..... 5 days till im eligible
    The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going....

Bike
    2006 r6

Wink CD cover L plate

fair few people didnt like being passed by a L plate wearer, and the looks i got when doin (slightly mad) filtering on the m/way

-te he he-sure it's worth wearing it just to confuse them! my lovely L plate is bent kind of backwards under the seat- displayed ingeniously inside the back part of a CD cover... ready for me to convert to a kung-fu throwing star next time those local hoons make fun of me styles. that is when i figure out riding with one or no hands...

i just figured out what cages are- cars seem to be to motorcycles what skid lidders/shark biscuits & goat boaters are to surfers.

Bike
    1999 ZZR250
    skid lidders.... hehe trippy sounds right tho, the dumbarse fullas that get in the way of people who know how to use the road (wave) properly however seem to make up a majority that gets the support of the powers that be..... bastards..............

riding with one or no hands will come naturaly as you learn not to hold on with your arms/hands, sure operate the controls but balance and stability on the bike come from your core (belly) and use of ones legs (ie shifting weight to/between the pegs...... read up!!)

once confident with the one handed technique, you may feel inclinded (like many fine members of this site) to start your very own "wingmirror collection", any biker will recognise the experiences gained and lessons learned when they see a wingmirror on ones shelf that appears to have been removed witha degree of force....
    The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going....

Bike
    76 ironhead,Rgv 250r,CRM 250,gpz 1100,
    Another westie here,massey thou.Got a couple of months left with the L plate and i dont let to many people pass me.

that's the go- or if dinner's a pain in the arse- there's always the classic
    bar & grill there at the back of woolworths- if you can handle the odd mullet and vegetarian food to run away from. definitely a carniverous eat...
    Will let ya know.... should be the next two weeks or so! :spudwhat:
    We were thinking the Thai place... you keen?

Thread Information