Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruapehu Motorcycle Club

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries

Cool Ruapehu Motorcycle Club

Does anyone know if the RMCC has a web site? I'm trying to get some more info about the club to add to the Wiki.

Or feel free to add some info about the club yourself if you know something about it in general or about its history.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/Ruapehu_Motorcycle_Club

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    What a strange thing to ask. You are from Auckland, and have nothing to do with the Ruapehu club......

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Crazyhorse need heap big help with umm comprehension.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Google the "Cold Kiwi" ... I'm sure if one does exist, info how to find it will be there ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
    What a strange thing to ask. You are from Auckland, and have nothing to do with the Ruapehu club......
    Yes, which is why I know nothing about the club, and hence the request for some info about it ...

I tried Googling and came up with nothing.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
    You may note that this thread is in the Kiwi Biker Wiki forum.

Some members are putting a great deal of voluntary work into assembling the Wiki.

Get over yourself.
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    08 CRF 450, 2K RSV-R
    Hey Phillip, RMCC is also Rodney Motorcycle Club
    XLR8 Racing
    Spectrum Motorcycles
    Computerforce
    Metzler, Maxima oils

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherWC View Post
    Hey Phillip, RMCC is also Rodney Motorcycle Club
    Oh boy, I can see the acronyms are going to get confusing.

Bike
    ducati 900ss Harley XLCR café racer
    want some more info on this club

the ruapehu motorcycle club organise the cold kiwi and have done so since about 1974

they claim that it is nz's permier motorcycle event, but I have my doubts

they have made an awful lot of money out of it and for a long time refused to provide any form of entertainment or a marquee because "they could not afford to"

after a few locals got fed up with all the money being made by the ruapehu motorcylce club they got together and put on the midwinter rage in the mid ninety's complete witha a marquee, bands and strippers

strange that after competition appeared the cold kiwi could now afford entertainment even though they were losing 100's of gate sales to another event

ever tried to join the ruapehu motorcycle club? rumour has it that it is a closed shop because they do not want to dilute the earnings per member

the first rally I ever went to was 25 years ago to the cold kiwi, possibly one of the worst rallies I have ever been too, the sound system was a 8w speaker, food that was available was truely dire.

My enduring memory was that they ran out of badges and refused to get any more made up to post out to late arrivals until they had sold enough to make an economic order quantity for another run of badges even though they had happily taken the money off these people at the gate

Bike
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    Does anyone know if the RMCC has a web site? I'm trying to get some more info about the club to add to the Wiki.

Or feel free to add some info about the club yourself if you know something about it in general or about its history.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/Ruapehu_Motorcycle_Club
    Contact Graeme Edlington, long time RMCC member and organiser of the Cold Kiwi.

I'll pm his email to you
    Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.

After a while you realise the pig is enjoying it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by popelli View Post
    want some more info on this club

the ruapehu motorcycle club organise the cold kiwi and have done so since about 1974

they claim that it is nz's permier motorcycle event, but I have my doubts

they have made an awful lot of money out of it and for a long time refused to provide any form of entertainment or a marquee because "they could not afford to"

after a few locals got fed up with all the money being made by the ruapehu motorcylce club they got together and put on the midwinter rage in the mid ninety's complete witha a marquee, bands and strippers

strange that after competition appeared the cold kiwi could now afford entertainment even though they were losing 100's of gate sales to another event

ever tried to join the ruapehu motorcycle club? rumour has it that it is a closed shop because they do not want to dilute the earnings per member

the first rally I ever went to was 25 years ago to the cold kiwi, possibly one of the worst rallies I have ever been too, the sound system was a 8w speaker, food that was available was truely dire.

My enduring memory was that they ran out of badges and refused to get any more made up to post out to late arrivals until they had sold enough to make an economic order quantity for another run of badges even though they had happily taken the money off these people at the gate
    Sorry to hear this has been your experience.

However thats nothing like the Cold Kiwi I know and love.

I can only say good things about it and have enjoyed every one I ve been to.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Sorry to hear this has been your experience.

However thats nothing like the Cold Kiwi I know and love.

I can only say good things about it and have enjoyed every one I ve been to.
    Marquee, hot drinks, warm food, christians changing tyres, good site, flushing loos, entertainment, bands, southerners saying they're turn up again this year and very very large area to fool around in. Did I mention the marquee?

http://www.coldkiwi.co.nz/

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Marquee, hot drinks, warm food, christians changing tyres, good site, flushing loos, entertainment, bands, southerners saying they're turn up again this year and very very large area to fool around in. Did I mention the marquee?

http://www.coldkiwi.co.nz/
    Did you mention good mates havin a beer around the fire and swapping some bullshit stories.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Did you mention good mates havin a beer around the fire and swapping some bullshit stories.
    Feels weird when the burning doesn't involve a jandal wearing scooter rider.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Forgot that sorry. Anyway I don't have any mates Did I mention the marquee? Or swigging green ginger wine.............

Thread Information