Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying on Ebay

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki Rat View Post
    And in the unlikely event that you find something cheap on Ebay.com.au the post from Australia is both more expensive and slower than ex US or UK.
    Yep, I've found that too.

Cheapest way from Aussie is to get a mate to post it.

Bike
    It was on the good
    So, I have only ever bought one thing on Trademe and that was a greenhouse on the wife's account. Never even looked at Ebay until tonight.

Starter motor has died after three years of relatively easy use so I am not really wanting to give Suzuki what I imagine will be close to $500 for another one that might last just as long.Can see them on Ebay for 110 of our NZ dollars.

Should I be worried about the made in China tag? Ordinarily I shun buying on the internet as opposed to the local shop but I am pissed off enough that this thing has given up after three years and put me off the road for a couple of weeks at least. Guessing the OEM stuff is made in China anyway?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    have you checked the price with your local store first or is it just a guess it is $500, I buy quite a bit from both Europe and the states, only bought one thing that ended being Chinese made and it was shite.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Local shop was shut today. Genuine Suzuki motors are sitting at around US$300 from what I have seen online so far. I hope to be happily surprised in the morning, they'll see it as a fault and even though it is out of warranty replace it for free.

I like to dream.

EDIT - Thankfully Suzuki saw it as a fault and have agreed to replace it. I like it when the right thing happens.

Thread Information