Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we need to slow down

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Hey people, lets becareful out there. Dont do silly things and we reduce our chances of a fatal accident. Peace.

Bike
    2008 Street Bob
    methinks the car has been hit with such force that it caused it to roll over, not impossible, but if that was the case then the bike had to be doing one hell of a speed and from the looks of those pics both driver and rider would have ended up dead I'm sure.

Pretty scary stuff.
    I ride the dirt, I ride the tide
    I search the outside, search inside
    I know I'll always burn to be
    Remind me of what left this outlaw torn
    ~ The Outlaw Torn (Metallica: Load 1996)

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Fart
    Dont do silly things and we reduce our chances of a fatal accident. Peace.
    Stop being so sincere and concerned. It makes my brain hurt.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar
    I must admit that 100% of all accidents are caused by speed. I am unaware of ever hearing about two stationary vehicles hitting each other.
    MOTION is a FACTOR in all accidents. Speed is a causative factor in between 5 and 7% of accidents, according to UK and Queensland studies.
    Spare us the LTNZ falsities.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Anyone else notice that the car is on a carpeted surface in something like a shopping mall.

If it was a genuine crash it would have been a fatality (rider at least). And no way would forensic have either left it like that , or have allowed it, uninvestigated, to be put on display.

It's a jackup for publicity.

But, sobering none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    yawn.

Where's the yawn emoticon when you need it? :spudwhat:

Yeah, motorcycling's very dangerous, especially when you going faster than a standstill. No - change that; my first motorcycle-related injury was caused when not moving (dismounted on the downhill side). Oh yeah - and an early injury was caused at walking pace, when a piece of barbed wire wrapped around my ankle. If I was only in a car, neither of those injuries would have occurred. In fact, if I was in a car, NONE of my bike crashes would have happened.

Ummm - motorcycling's too dangerous for humans and little animals. Let's all be sensible and sell our bikes and live safe, boring little lives. Murdercycles should be banned.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman
    yawn.

Yeah, motorcycling's very dangerous, especially when you going faster than a standstill.
    What ? OMG. Are you telling me motorcycling is **dangerous**. Why didn't someone tell me this years ago.

Oh my goodness, when I think of the 40 years that I've unwittingly been exposing myself to danger. My flesh creeps and my blood runs cold.

How long will this dreadful situation be allowed to continue. To think that people are exposing themselves to danger. These dangerous devices must be *banned* immediately. Why doesn't the gubbermint do something about it. Confiscate their bikes, that's the answer. Long haired lazy layabouts anyway. Afraid of a good days work. What they need is a short sharp shock. A spell in the Army, that'd sort them out. Now in my day ......Nurse, nurse, I think I've overheated again helllpppp ....

Of course, i shall **immdediately** give up this *dangerous* pastime. Let me just read what you said again though
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman
    yawn.

Yeah, motorcycling's very dangerous, especially when you going faster than a standstill.
    Wait. Wait. Wait. I may be OK. I ride like such a nana that I might as well be at a standstill. So maybe that's OK

But all the rest of you must STOP MOTORCYCLE RIDING IMMEDIATELY
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar
    I must admit that 100% of all accidents are caused by speed. I am unaware of ever hearing about two stationary vehicles hitting each other.
    Hmmmm,almost right.....nasty little agitator (PT)
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    1999 ZZR250
    I have my big warning sheet "MOTORSPORT IS DANGEROUS" on my wall, think it was from the rally of NZ (really dodge as you can walk onto the track!! you have to use *uncommon sense to not get hit)

reminds me of the fun I can go and have when i get my lazy arse outta bed and do sum work to pay for rubber........
    The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going....

Bike
    2008 Street Bob
    without wanting to start yet another thread (argument) about speed and death and blah blah, you can defintely see the members on both sides of the coin here, mention speed and dangerous driving and you'll be shot down in flames by one half as an LTSA preacher where as the other half simply state that we should all be a little bit more careful, it's quite cool to start to figure out the personalities that go with the names.
    I ride the dirt, I ride the tide
    I search the outside, search inside
    I know I'll always burn to be
    Remind me of what left this outlaw torn
    ~ The Outlaw Torn (Metallica: Load 1996)

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawtorn
    without wanting to start yet another thread (argument) about speed and death and blah blah, you can defintely see the members on both sides of the coin here, mention speed and dangerous driving and you'll be shot down in flames by one half as an LTSA preacher where as the other half simply state that we should all be a little bit more careful, it's quite cool to start to figure out the personalities that go with the names.
    It'll take more than a few posts to do that.
    I only show my nice side on here.

Bike
    1988 CBR250r Hurricane
    speed is one factor of crashes yes, but you can speed saftly, like excessive speed is bad around corners n shit

but, now that the police have slowed most people down, people are getting bored sittin at 100km/h, and get drowsy, lazy at the wheel, if you speed, you are normally lookin around and both hands on the wheel/bars etc

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    Stop being so sincere and concerned. It makes my brain hurt.

That is why the only crash I ever had was on the racetrack.

..... touch wood.

Quote Originally Posted by GNR
    speed is one factor of crashes yes, but you can speed saftly, like excessive speed is bad around corners n shit

but, now that the police have slowed most people down, people are getting bored sittin at 100km/h, and get drowsy, lazy at the wheel, if you speed, you are normally lookin around and both hands on the wheel/bars etc
    You are exactly right. There are drivers who are dangerous at low speed. I noticed that if I stay at a constant speed I fall asleep or get bored which will result in not paying attention to my driving. One can ride/drive fast without being dangerous. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by outlawtorn
    You'll only see me bring my soapbox out when people start blaming all and sundry for their ''accident'',otherwise I don't care how people ride.But what worries me is people in suits are watching from a distance,clip boards in hand...we are not a quiet safe little group that blends into the background....someone is watching,watching,counting....thinking up new plans to justify their existance in the political world.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Your Face
    I think that is a show thing....

Otherwise they wouldn't show it...
    The world will look up and shout "Save Us!", and I'll whisper "no"

Thread Information