Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we need to slow down

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Looking at that photo, i would say the bike was doing around 100-130kmh... you would be surprised at the damage a bike can do even at 60kmh...
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    Its interesting to say the least, But I will ride at what speed I know I can controll myself and the bike, and depending on road conditions - I have not being going fast at all lately due to bad brakes at the moment for example.

Just havto assess dangers, you started biking you know the risks - and personally If i'm going to die, I hope to god I will die on a bike (preferablly not killing anyone in the proccess even if they hit me, then they can suffer the thought of killing someone)

Wast of a bike, It wouldnt have really happened as that would mean getting rid of the blood, they would have just done it with those testingg machines.

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Why couldn't have they used a harley instead?

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    It wouldn't have gone fast enough...
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    1995 Kawasaki GPZ500s
    As they say, shit happens. My experience is when a car decides to pull out etc you either do the right thing or you don't. Course you could spend your life walking that might be safest. Probably get taken out by poor bastard on the RC30 as he got fired off the bike. Sides, they did slow down.
    It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all

Bike
    2008 Street Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    that's just plain nasty...
    I ride the dirt, I ride the tide
    I search the outside, search inside
    I know I'll always burn to be
    Remind me of what left this outlaw torn
    ~ The Outlaw Torn (Metallica: Load 1996)

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawtorn
    that's just plain nasty...
    You're right. Imagine what the car would feel like with a Barley inside it. The inhumotority..........

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Pics could be for real. My wife knows a guy that hit a car at about 100kmh.
    Car did a U-turn on the open road. Bike went in the back passenger door and rolled the car.
    Rider broke both arms. Driver was in a serious condition (touch and go for a while).

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMedic
    Maybe.. just maybe a mate borrowed the bike and about an hour later whilst riding near the airport (why?) the chain broke and he couldnt find any other way of getting it to his mates farm other than opening the door of the golf and shoving it in the front like that.

Then whilst driving to said farm he realised that in that position he couldnt see over the steering wheel very well and rolled down a hill..

Dunno .. just a thought
    HOW DID YOU FIND OUT THE REAL STORY!!!???
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    That is either faked, or there is more to it than appears. Note the evidence of heavy impact on *both* sides front (left and right door areas impacted, and windscreen crushed from *both* sides.) And the rear hatch has been stove in , from the rear.

The bike didn't do all that.
    You haven't been to many serious accidents have you?

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    Anyone else notice that the car is on a carpeted surface in something like a shopping mall.

If it was a genuine crash it would have been a fatality (rider at least). And no way would forensic have either left it like that , or have allowed it, uninvestigated, to be put on display.

It's a jackup for publicity.

But, sobering none the less.
    Jackup or a reconstruction of an actual crash using the actual vehicles involved in the crash? Even if it is a construction rather than a reconstruction, do you think that this is not representative of what actually happens?

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka
    You haven't been to many serious accidents have you?
    Nope. In fact, I don't think I've ever been up close to anything more than a fender bender. Never been involved in one myself, and I try to keep far far away from anyone who looks like they might be likely to cause one. Or cause someone to cause one. Works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    GSXR750 K4

Keep it real on the road

Following pics were sent to me by a mate. Blurb below explains it, but its worth thinking about when out on the road, especially for people like me with sports bikes and an itchy right wrist! Don't forget how to relax guys.

RC45 Honda

This is a "cleaned up" version. The police cleaned it out and put it back together to show what CAN happen.
    The Honda rider was traveling at "very high speed" and did not see the golf.

Swedish police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h when he hit the car. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car.
    This is a graphic warning of what CAN happen if you turn it on and don't have the sense to turn it off. This demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle fair by the Swedish Police and Road safety department.

The Volkswagen flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place. All three involved (two in car and rider) where killed instantly.
    The MC-rider had a new license.

Bike
    justsomebike
    What a waste of a bike.....................

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy
    What a waste of a bike.....................

Huh? Its just a fucking bike, it can be replaced. 3 people lost their lives, that can never be replaced. Brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and children were affected by this, and all you can say is 'What a waste of a bike....'. While no-one here (I assume) knew anyone involved, some tact would be good.

Thread Information