Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we need to slow down

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja

Unhappy Why we need to slow down

sobering pics sent to me from a friend. No details on anything, so only know what you see, which probably wasn't pretty after all.. So they wanted to scare us at a show with it. Works for me..

slow it down peeps, live for another day, ay?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic16519.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	9114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic22798.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	9115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic31556.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	9116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic30303.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	9117  

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    'Why we need to slow down'?

THINK, man. Those photos illustrate why we need to not run into things. That accident could easily have happened to a rider travelling within 10kph of the speed limit on the open road.

You're a propaganda victim.

How about changing the caption to 'Why we need to be aware of our surroundings'?
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    1999 ZZR250
    ohhh shows the danger of driving cages a!!! trapped in there with bike all wrapped around ya ready to go bang................. maybe he'll look twice before pulling out in front of a bike again a
    The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going....

Bike
    Something red and quick
    a Castrol RC30.......beautiful bike......even in that state.....
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    'Why we need to slow down'?

THINK, man. Those photos illustrate why we need to not run into things. That accident could easily have happened to a rider travelling within 10kph of the speed limit on the open road.

You're a propaganda victim.

How about changing the caption to 'Why we need to be aware of our surroundings'?
    True, we need to not run into things, but we need to not be doing 70 to 100kph down 50kph streets which I've seen people going.. Then someone pulls out of their drive, and voila.
    Out on open roads, there's often more open space around, so the limits and visiability are higher, where as built up places, the limits are lower, but we still don't go any slower.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    True, we need to not run into things, but we need to not be doing 70 to 100kph down 50kph streets which I've seen people going.. Then someone pulls out of their drive, and voila.
    Out on open roads, there's often more open space around, so the limits and visiability are higher, where as built up places, the limits are lower, but we still don't go any slower.
    True, of course. But disingenuous. As you said, we have no idea of the story behind this particular accident. We don't even know if it was the result of a careful setup with remote-control throttles in a closed test area to create an interesting bit of postmodern crash-sculpture.

The 'slow down' message is overly simplistic, and gives a false sense of security to people travelling at the speed limit.

Proper situational awareness implies not going faster than the conditions allow.

This subject has been thrashed beyond death here, so I'm not going to say anything further, other than reiterating that that caption, on those photos, annoys me...
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    True, of course. But disingenuous. As you said, we have no idea of the story behind this particular accident. We don't even know if it was the result of a careful setup with remote-control throttles in a closed test area to create an interesting bit of postmodern crash-sculpture.

The 'slow down' message is overly simplistic, and gives a false sense of security to people travelling at the speed limit.

Proper situational awareness implies not going faster than the conditions allow.

This subject has been thrashed beyond death here, so I'm not going to say anything further, other than reiterating that that caption, on those photos, annoys me...
    fairy fluff..
    I had thought about a set-up myself actually, referring to the 'controlled' environment. Either way, still isn't pretty. I'd bet money the bike was doing over 100kph on impact, just by how far in it got.
    Also agree on the point about going as fast as the status quo.

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    Saw something similar back in the 80's.
    A honda city or similar with a bike parked halfway in it, just behind the drivers door, being carted on a towtruck heading into AK city over the harbour bridge.

Now that was sobering for a young fella on a brand new bike.
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    That is either faked, or there is more to it than appears. Note the evidence of heavy impact on *both* sides front (left and right door areas impacted, and windscreen crushed from *both* sides.) And the rear hatch has been stove in , from the rear.

The bike didn't do all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

I've been seeing all these deaths and accidents lately - to me it smacks of powerful bike...excesive speed...injury or death.I'm sure someone in an ivory tower might see it too,a blip on his graph and then a knee jerk reaction from higher up.

Can't happen here....yeah right.

In the early 70s we had a blip on the graph and then we all had to wear helmets and learner restictions came in.I think we are shooting ourselves in the foot and will ultimatly pay the price....
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    1999 ZZR250
    yeah, was wondering about those scrapes on the front of the bonett too!
    The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    That is either faked, or there is more to it than appears. Note the evidence of heavy impact on *both* sides front (left and right door areas impacted, and windscreen crushed from *both* sides.) And the rear hatch has been stove in , from the rear.

The bike didn't do all that.
    don't think the car would have stood still while all that was going on, it would have most likely spun out and probably bounced off a few things in the process. Plus if it was flung into the path of other traffic..
    not defending the crash, or denying your statement, but just saying even tho the initial crash of the bike might not have done all that much, the force and everything else around might have..

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin
    yeah, was wondering about those scrapes on the front of the bonett too!
    that does look a tad suss..
    just noticed the front driver's side pillar looks cut too. If it was cut after the accident, it'd probably be near to where it was before the cut, where as that looks to have been cut prior..

Bike
    -
    At the end of the day, a reminder about remaining aware of your surroundings is a positive thing I say.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    I must admit that 100% of all accidents are caused by speed. I am unaware of ever hearing about two stationary vehicles hitting each other.
    Time to ride

Thread Information