Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Wellington Parking - They are about to clamp down on bike parking

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Visser View Post
    Motorcycles wanting to use a building first need to set up an account with the operator (i.e. this only suits commuters). Most of the staff at the call centres should be aware of this, though some of the car park attendants are not.
    Ah, this may be the misunderstanding Jon I have been walking into the buildings and chatting with the booth attendants

Cheers mate
    Just ride.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Bugger aye Stoney, no fight here today! LOL nice work there Jon.
    Keep it going guys sooner or later we'll have a system that works and that almost everybody will be happy with, including the existing free parks staying that way.
    When you moving up ere to Dorkland Jon, we need more parks in Queer street!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Email received by Kiwi Biker today:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wellington City Council is proposing to introduce a "CBD motorcycle parking policy". Details can be found here:
    http://www.wellington.govt.nz/haveyo...15/agenda.html
    See report 4.

There will be a public Council meeting on 4 August to discuss this. If you wish to address the Councillors regarding this, you should contact the Committee advisor:
    Democratic Services
    Wellington City Council
    101 Wakefield Street
    PO Box 2199
    Wellington
    Phone: (04) 803 8334
    Fax: (04) 801 3020
    Email: public.participation@wcc.govt.nz

Could you please advise the KB members appropriately?

Kind regards,

Jon Visser

Infrastructure Performance Manager, Wellington City Council

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike

Thumbs up

Nice work there Mr Virago and Mr Viser. Cheers for the info Jon and for putting it up here on KB where more will see it than anywhere else.OK you Wellingtonians GO! Have your say, be heard.This is an opportunity you haven't had in the past.
    Make a good impression on the Welly council and who knows what could happen.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Its not quite the rose bowl some think it is folks.

While it states we keep our parking for now, it asks council to reserve the right to address fee's in the future after consulting with the wider public (in other words after enough pissed off cagers who resent our 500m of curb space are found to have a rant about the unfairness of it all)

There are some comments in report 4 that I find not only inflammatory but outright prejudiced in regards the way motorcyclists are portrayed by the report writer

Have booked my appearance for the 4th with the coordinator and will be hoping to see a STRONG presence wearing leathers and cordura in the crowd on the day if any of you can make it along

A certain councilor has made sure we at BRONZ Wellington are totally up with the play, and the fact we have been given access to the PnD parking spaces is a red hearing, and adds to the justification to make us pay for the free bike spaces as well...
    Remember envy is an ugly monster and this report is written to increase such envy from non motorcyclists IMO -

I still say a big THANKS is owed to Jon for his forthright and open communication with us as a community, but this issue is still live guys.
    Just ride.

Bike

Thumbs up

You know me Stoney, just quietly stirring things up.Rose coloured glasses went out with the Ark mate, not silly enough to know there's not other things on other Councillors agendas.You've made the right call though.Get as many bikers there as you can, that way you will have a louder voice.Course that's if they've all booked to speak. The IMPORTANT part people, book your speaking spot, that way it goes on the record, simply being there is NOT Enough.
    Cheers Jon and KB for making us ALL aware of the goings on.

Bike
    2002 BMW. R1150RT

Bike P&D Parking.

I use the P&D parking in Wellington all the time, I was about to be ticketed once by a warden in Courtney Place . He saw my bike parked in a P&D car park and started writing out the ticket. He stopped when I pointed out the WOF sleeve stuck to the inside of my windscreen , in which I had placed my P&D ticket.
    It was clearly visable. He tore up the ticket, cursing and telling me that I was not entitled to park there anyway.
    Ive carried on with this system now for over 12months , with no tickets issued to me

Bike
    Kwaka
    Quote Originally Posted by werwolf View Post
    I use the P&D parking in Wellington all the time, I was about to be ticketed once by a warden in Courtney Place . He saw my bike parked in a P&D car park and started writing out the ticket. He stopped when I pointed out the WOF sleeve stuck to the inside of my windscreen , in which I had placed my P&D ticket.
    It was clearly visable. He tore up the ticket, cursing and telling me that I was not entitled to park there anyway.
    Ive carried on with this system now for over 12months , with no tickets issued to me
    Eh? Bikes can't use P&D?
    "This is not a car."

Thread Information