Thread: Road legal kit for KLX300?

Bike
    04 Kwaka klx300r

Road legal kit for KLX300?

making a klx 300 road legal. anyone in NZ ever done this and whats involved.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Making a kit with lights, plate holder etc is the easy bit. You need to find out if the KLX300's were ever certified for road use in NZ. This means that brakes, wheel bearings etc etc have been ticked off by NZTA (LTNZ or LTSA in former lives). If it wasn't then the lighting kit etc will be a waste of time.

I'm sorry to say but I've never seen a KLX300 road reg but that just may be that nobody I know's bothered. Hopefully others might have more positive news. Do a quick web search or ring NZTA registry centre in palmy north (0800 number).

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsuthie View Post
    Welcome to Kiwibiker Paul.The KLX is a wickd machine

Bike
    Husqvarna 701E - WR250F - Can Am 500

Big Boys Toys

Went to big boys toys about 3-4 years ago and Kawasaki were selling road legal KLX 300 at the show.

Having been down this road myself with Suzuki the first thing i would do is contact someone at the techical services depaertment of Kawasaki NZ and see if they will give you a letter stating that the bike does conform to the current braking and lighting standards.

Without that the vinning process will be extremely difficult if not impossible
    Here for a good time, not necessarily a long time

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    met a bloke a couple of years ago with one, but he was useing the plates from his road bike, very cool middle weight ride paul, i hope you get it sorted for the road, it would be awesome for investigating the tracks and firebreaks of the seal
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    . .
    Maybe you could sell it and get a KLX400 that's already legal or the yellow version?

Bike
    None

Any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by paulsuthie View Post
    Paul

Did you ever have any luck with this process?

Thanks

Thread Information