Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long before this comes here??

Bike
    Guzzi

How long before this comes here??

Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Your Face
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder
    They should DIE!!
    The world will look up and shout "Save Us!", and I'll whisper "no"

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    only a matter of time. I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to do something like this.
    It's like the breathalizer that Oz is trying out in some cars. You have to breathe into a tube in the car before it'll start. Least that's more useful

Bike
    none
    Stupid government, they could have used it for more important issues that making sure that the car has insurance. Check to mke sure the rego is up to date or the WOF equivelent. (damn forgot what it was called already) Nah lets tag them for the one thing that is absolutly nothing but revenue gathering. Stupid fucking government...

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    RC36, WR, RS250, GSXR1000, Duke250, IZH
    same sort of thing in singapore and London, singapore has transponders like this, london has a numberplate recognition camera, don't know if thats used for tolling yet though

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Fu*k, if they hooked those in with speed cameras, bikes would be getting ticketed left right and centre No more need for number plates, the transponder will give the cops way more info. Wonder how long it would take for someone to start selling transponder jammers if that came about.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Trumpton triple
    How long before it comes here?

Well, i've already had a guy come into work trying to get exclusive NZ rights to do something similar.

Fortunately, I was able to charge him $1000 to tell him he couldn't.

Heh, heh, heh.

Bike
    None any more
    Big Brother is watching. I am amazed that a state in the US of A -- that bastion of personal liberty, e.g. gun laws -- would sanction such an intrusion into people's lives.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Big Brother is watching. I am amazed that a state in the US of A -- that bastion of personal liberty, e.g. gun laws -- would sanction such an intrusion into people's lives.
    Even worse than that is that it's in Texas. We usually don't let crap like that go through. Wonder what sanction they hid this one in so no one knew about it.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Heard of something like that for the toll bridges and roads. They seem like a good idea, at least for toll roads. Otherwise, its just the Govenment controlling the police to get more money for their pay-rises

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    What pisses me off about a lot of this tech stuff is that it's American companies that develop this hi tek and when their citizens reject the technology they actively sell it to other countries. I don't want to turn this into an anti american post but they sure as hell have double standards when it comes to the personal freedoms of the citizens of the world. If there's a dollar somewhere integrity flies out the window.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I think it's a great idea. I've had to foot the bill for two of my car accidents, thanks to the person causing each of them not being insured. The loss of No Claims bonus and increases in premium meant I had to go without a car as I just couldn't afford to own one on $11,000 a year, when I was working in a factory.

Bike
    none
    In order for it to be relevent here insurance would have to be mandatory. So y'all don't need to worry about this yet.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard_draken
    In order for it to be relevent here insurance would have to be mandatory. So y'all don't need to worry about this yet.
    I am fairly sure (though not certain, so correction is welcome) that the mandatory component (as in most countries with such rules) relates only to third party death or injury. Of course most/all the insurance companies won't offer cover for just the mandatory only, so in practice it means at least TPF&T.

In NZ we already have a mandatory third party death or injury insurance included in the rego cost. It's called ACC.

I only ever have third party, fire & theft (really only want fire and theft, but can't get that). I don't plan on breaking someone elses ride, and if I'm silly enough to let you break mine, then I deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    I am fairly sure (though not certain, so correction is welcome) that the mandatory component (as in most countries with such rules) relates only to third party death or injury. Of course most/all the insurance companies won't offer cover for just the mandatory only, so in practice it means at least TPF&T.

In NZ we already have a mandatory third party death or injury insurance included in the rego cost. It's called ACC.

I only ever have third party, fire & theft (really only want fire and theft, but can't get that). I don't plan on breaking someone elses ride, and if I'm silly enough to let you break mine, then I deserve it.
    In the states, or atleast in Texas, you would have to have full coverage (meaning third party ,called liability as in if you cause the wreck, and half adozen others) when driving a cage. Motorbikes only require liability. And to give y'all an idea I am 21 years old on an 1100 cruiser and I only had to pay about $80USD a year in liability insurance. I think if anything like this comes here and we decide we don't like it, I'm sure we have enough peaple here to get a petition going and reject whatever it is.
    Last edited by Waylander; 9th April 2005 at 20:15. Reason: Got the wrong price on the insurance and just looked at my old card.

Sever
    Now and forever

Thread Information