Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incessant rattling at 5-6000 RPM - GT250R

Bike
    None at present

Angry Incessant rattling at 5-6000 RPM - GT250R

This is driving me nuts. At about the 5-6000 RPM rev range I get this infernal vibrating/rattling noise that doesn't go away until I go over this rev range. I've had the fairings apart many times looking for the problem, and used the greatest bike fix it tool ever - duct tape on places I thought may have been loose, but still no luck whatsoever.

I thought I was the only Hyo rider I know who has it, however one of my riding buddies also has it on his Hyo. I can't pinpoint it by revving it in neutral - it only vibrates when the bike is moving.

Has anyone else out there had it and found out how to get rid of it. Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Sincerely,

DarkLord (a frustrated Hyosung owner who is looking forward to being able to upgrade to an SV1000 with two free-flowing pipes on the back - when he can afford it!!)
    What you have in your heart will be revealed through what you have in your life.

If things are going badly in our circumstances, the answer to what is happening to us outwardly is more often than not found in the mirror.

Bike
    '92 Kawasaki ZXR250C
    The problem there can be isolated to somewhere within the fact it's a Hyosung.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death" - Hunter S. Thompson

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
    This is driving me nuts. At about the 5-6000 RPM rev range I get this infernal vibrating/rattling noise that doesn't go away until I go over this rev range.
    It's screaming in pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    2009 CBR600RR
    I knew this thread was gonna get it's share of Hyo Haters.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Dunno mate. Put a noisy pipe on it so you can't hear it.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    '92 Kawasaki ZXR250C
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho22 View Post
    I knew this thread was gonna get it's share of Hyo Haters.
    I don't hate them. I'm just glad I didn't end up buying one. Got a Ninja250 instead, no regrets.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death" - Hunter S. Thompson

Bike
    2009 CBR600RR
    We have both got the Screaming Demon pipes and we can still sure as shit hear the farken rattling.

Bike
    2009 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by NDORFN View Post
    I don't hate them. I'm just glad I didn't end up buying one. Got a Ninja250 instead, no regrets.
    Oh well thats alright then.

Was seriously looking at the ninja's but the Hyo's size and sound won it for me.

Bike
    SF
    I've heard of air filters / air boxes resonating at certain RPMs/loads... maybe have a look here?

Bike
    2009 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    I've heard of air filters / air boxes resonating at certain RPMs/loads... maybe have a look here?
    I'll check that one out but mine sounds more like it is coming from the front of the bike.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
    This is driving me nuts. At about the 5-6000 RPM rev range I get this infernal vibrating/rattling noise that doesn't go away until I go over this rev range. I've had the fairings apart many times looking for the problem, and used the greatest bike fix it tool ever - duct tape on places I thought may have been loose, but still no luck whatsoever.

I thought I was the only Hyo rider I know who has it, however one of my riding buddies also has it on his Hyo. I can't pinpoint it by revving it in neutral - it only vibrates when the bike is moving.

Has anyone else out there had it and found out how to get rid of it. Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Sincerely,

DarkLord (a frustrated Hyosung owner who is looking forward to being able to upgrade to an SV1000 with two free-flowing pipes on the back - when he can afford it!!)
    Which servo do you fill up from.It could be techron people.Possibly one stuck under a valve.

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho22 View Post
    We have both got the Screaming Demon pipes and we can still sure as shit hear the farken rattling.
    Take the pipe off, leave it off.

Rattle gone.

Chur.
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Only when it's moving?? Well, what only gets action when you're moving?

Wheel bearings?
    Countershaft sprocket?
    Chain?
    Swingarm bearings?
    Speedo cable?
    Windscreen? (from airflow)
    Exhaust mounting bolts?

Does it happen at any speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    None at present
    It's any speed. It's really the RPM that it's at which seems to cause it. Sounds like it's coming from the front of the bike, up in the front fairing somewhere. But I can't for the life of me pinpoint what or where it is.
    What you have in your heart will be revealed through what you have in your life.

If things are going badly in our circumstances, the answer to what is happening to us outwardly is more often than not found in the mirror.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Check theres not too much engine oil in it. Ignore it and ride it, or take it o the shop and ask.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Thread Information