What an "interesting" bike.
    Good luck with it, Mr Trash, Sir!
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Could you not find a cheaper way of causing yourself intense pain and loss of sanity?

Maybe putting your head into the blades of an industrial lawn mower , or wood chipping machine? Something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    Inboard ventilated discs were honda's answer to a a question nobody asked
    Well the question was originally why don't my brakes work in the wet?, Answer 'cause you used stainless discs instead of iron like the Ities. Only thing is that; by 1983 people had sintered pads so, it was no longer a problem.

In the end they weren't such a bad thing for a roadbike, . . . I'm not saying they were a good thing, -but they weren't as heavy as people made them out to be & once you worked out how to take them apart it was almost as quick as a normal wheel to remove. Some people had problems, but only 'cause they weren't thinking. Never heard of any inboard discs warping or wearing out, which is more than can be said of a lot of bikes.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Never heard of any inboard discs warping or wearing out, which is more than can be said of a lot of bikes.
    is that because the bikes theyw ere fitted to were never running long enough....!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    My CBX550 had 96,000 on it when I sold it having done 60k of them myself in the late 80s. Don't get me wrong I'm hardly a Honda fan, they had their fair share of Turkeys. But poke fun where it is due.

As a kid we used to deride a couple of bicycles, one for their advanced gear shift technology as it was reputed that the cables can break easier. & another for some dumb arse reason. All I am saying if I am honest we were speaking out of ignorance & urban myth. The public are very fickle. In England the TL thou became a monster killer bike, but it was no where near that bad. Some bikes had glaring faults & could be fixed, but once tarnished it is hard to overcome. The VF range became the VFR after multiple problems & only Honda stubbornness kept the range going.

. . . Now CX500s, they were shit.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    these were an interesting bike, from memory they were $3454 new and the RZ was $44?? and the RG was $5454 which when you look at the three brands of 250s on the market with a full $1000 between them and the suzuki more than 50% dearer than the honda it must have been an interesting life for the salesman.
    I recall too that NZ was one of the few markets to get them and word was it that honda made them, found out that they couldn't even pull the skin off a rice pudding and were going to divert them to the crusher until blue wing got in on them?
    any truth to that rumour???

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    HEY WAIT JUST A MOMENT... what ya mean 'shit' from my worked B to the TC 5 in all I never had any probs and thats including riding one from Nelson to Chch in the red (temp) due to a blowen water pump at over 160kph and all I did to it was warp the rear casing... well ok the pump seal went but hey, LOL
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracingoldfart View Post
    . One thing they need is a reliable clutch lever , just in case

Hmmmm there were only two things that broke on mine........
    Yup.. piston broke.... and the clutch cable....
    Not at the same time thankfully.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    I recall too that NZ was one of the few markets to get them and word was it that honda made them, found out that they couldn't even pull the skin off a rice pudding and were going to divert them to the crusher until blue wing got in on them?
    any truth to that rumour???
    Yes, that's pretty much it.
    I had a RG250 at the time the MVX was released, I rode one (MVX) on makara rd and thought, hmm, when is it going to hit the power band, then I looked down and saw I was already red lining it

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    is that because the bikes theyw ere fitted to were never running long enough....!

Bollocks , i raced a CBX 550 in the Castrol 6 hour and we did the whole race on one set of pads and thats a fact.

Inboard rotors were a very tricky bit of Honda's bikes in the day and they were fitted to many models in various guises.
    Once you worked out how they worked, what to maintain and how they came aprt 9and back together ) they were great , but they did make a bit of a mess of the rims because of the material they used. They were better in the wet than exposed rotors as well.

Rant over ...... as you were.

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Yes, that's pretty much it.
    I had a RG250 at the time the MVX was released, I rode one (MVX) on makara rd and thought, hmm, when is it going to hit the power band, then I looked down and saw I was already red lining it
    You could buy a VF400f for the same as an MVX and we sold heaps of the little smokers.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Agreed. Only because I have one mind you. Probably smokes more than an MVX too. Something to do with having character or some such thing.

No wait, that was the knock in the engine........................

Good luck with the resto WT.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Agreed. Only because I have one mind you. Probably smokes more than an MVX too. Something to do with having character or some such thing.

No wait, that was the knock in the engine........................

Good luck with the resto WT.
    Oh Bonez... stop teasing me you bastards the CX was next to a perfect bike, list just 1 issue they had?... YEAH, ya cant aye
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Does the fact that they were horribly ugly count as an issue?

Thread Information