Thread: First ride on Suzy with tard wheels

Bike
    Designa Yello 2004 DR 650

First ride on Suzy with tard wheels

Well, didn't go to pissed pengy cos I am full of a head cold and feel like shit, didn't go to Levels for the above reason as well, either way I miss out .

Saw the boys off this morning to the rally and felt sorry for myself, we had a magic day here in Wonka so at lunchtime I went for a quick squirt to Makarora with a mate.

First time on the Tard wheels so thought I would take it easy and get to know it .. didn't take long .. probably 4 metres

So on my favorite bit of road in the twisties I was nailing the side of my boot, pegs, and stand etc.

Amazing handling for a jelly old DR650, really looking forward to getting on the track once the bloody lurgy leaves me alone.
    Cheers Andi & Ellen
    twomotokiwis.com
    Two Moto Kiwis Adventure Ride, May 3rd 2012 -> 20XX Prudhoe Bay Alaska -> Ushuaia Argentina -> Then Wherever We Point The Bars

Bike
    Gone
    Sounds just the ticket. How does it compare with the Hypertard i would be intrigued to know? Just finished the weekend snowboarding in Central and the roads are looking very inviting. No luck with similar rims etc sadly (will have to "put up" with the Ducati i guess) .
    "Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill"

Bike
    Designa Yello 2004 DR 650
    Well, Suzy is a slow old sackaspuds compared with the Tardis, you will know well the stomp from the 11 hundy V2 which is the same as ya strada.

Makas was a great run, twisty bits are fast but along the straight you need to get the cooker out and boil a brew.

Two very different bikes I guess, luv the Tardis for the handling and stomp, luv suzy cos she is a total larf for beer money compared to the Tardis.

All in all I am looking forward to getting her on the track and having a play.

Just bought 8 skatey wheels of TM tonite for $10 bucks, so I now have my axle sliders, think I will call myself Dutchieracing .

I thought I was chasing some wheels for you not so long ago but it came to nothing, still keep my eye peeled for you tho.
    Cheers Andi & Ellen
    twomotokiwis.com
    Two Moto Kiwis Adventure Ride, May 3rd 2012 -> 20XX Prudhoe Bay Alaska -> Ushuaia Argentina -> Then Wherever We Point The Bars

Thread Information