Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swapping the Subaru for a bike for a bit... (huff3r)

Bike
    neva-u-mindus
    welcome aboard huff3r, theres some really good people here with ex advice, and ride safe when u do get a bike
    `Life isnt tied with a bow ...... but its still a gift`

Bike
    2003 Suzuki GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by huff3r View Post
    Haha, trust me... my BMW does not go ok in a straight line, in fact its rather slow. But in the corners its something else. don't get me wrong, i love bikes, but it simply does not compare to the feel of a RWD well balanced car moving through a corner. As anyone on www.bimmersport.co.nz will tell you, BMW E30 > all else :P
    I guess someone from a forum dedicated to bmw's would say that but the fact remains that the cars could not compete with the fun of riding a decent bike.

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    Hey, I'm Paul.

I normally drive a subaru legacy rs twin turbo

................................... pardon, a what sorry?

Bike
    2015 GSR750

I also have a BMW racecar,

.......................... sounds like it might be quite fast...... for a car

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Yep, cars go straight OK but are not really designed for cornering.

Bikes corner properly and also do the stright line thing too.
    Bikes cornering better than cars. Thats a new one.

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post
    Bikes cornering better than cars. Thats a new one.
    am I missing a tone of sarcasm in your post??...... hell yes, bikes are much quicker through corners than cars because we can take the quickest line through them....... but, you do ride a bike don't you? so, you knew that already

Bike
    2003 Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by mattian View Post
    am I missing a tone of sarcasm in your post??...... hell yes, bikes are much quicker through corners than cars because we can take the quickest line through them....... but, you do ride a bike don't you? so, you knew that already
    Think contact patch mate...

Bike
    FZR 400
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Some Kiwibiker threads contain such a wealth of fuckwittery that they should in some way be permanently removed from the digital domain, carved onto stone tablets and then launched into space to scare the living shit out of any hostile alien species that may be lurking nearby

Bike
    gb400
    Hi Paul,

And welcome to KB! Can't say I have that much advise but do own a subaru and a gn myself

I LOVE my gn but I guess there comes a time that you probably do want to upgrade....and I am not sure to what. I like the idea of a road/dirt bike. But then that's because I like trail riding and to me appeals more than riding on the roads with cars lol

Anyway good luck
    "The good ole days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems. " Billy Joel

Bike
    2005 Repsol CBR1000RR
    Hey mate. Welcome to the madness. You seen overlook the BS that goes on in here....sometimes some good advice comes through!
    Re: the bike upgrade, it really depends on what sort of a ride you're after. I personally prefer sports bikes but others prefer the upride riding position of the cruisers (like the GN). Your best bet is to keep an eye on Tardme and when something comes up you like the look of (and in your $ range) come back online and ask some Q's. Good luck mate, PM me if you have any dramas and want a hand.

Bike
    2001 SV400s
    Cheers, nice to see some sane people come out and say hi

As for bikes, i'm definitely after a sports, im sick of sitting upright lol...

And the BMW Racecar... not fast at all lol, its only a 2L, but i'm certainly proud of it, since i built it up myself at Tech last year.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Welcome aboard the site.
    Get around a few bike shops and have a sit on and maybe test ride a few different bikes. Some look good but may not fit you well. It's like shoes, you have to try a few on to get the right one!
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    BMW R1200s
    How cheap is cheap ?
    There are some older SV650s going for $4 - $6K on Trademe
    Generally thought of as an excellent bike for new and experienced riders alike.

As for Bikes being faster than cars. you've got to compare apples with apples.
    an F1 car would cream a MotoGP bike - way more braking force and lateral grip available.
    Wouldn't really describe an F1 car as a car in the traditional sense though.

If we are talking road legal then modern superbikes are roughly on par with modern supercars.
    I think 5th gear have done a couple of Lamborghini vs Ducati races and it a close run thing either way.
    Driving an RS legacy myself I'd say it's easier to go quick in the car but more rewarding (and more fun) to do it on the bike.

Bike
    2001 SV400s
    Cheers, umm as it gos for cheap... i have nothing saved atm and am earning under $200 a week, so i was looking in the dirt-cheap $1500 -$3000 price range, hopefully i have enough mechanical skills that if i do buy a lemon i can fix it up...

I was wondering though, is it possible to repair plastic fairings using fibreglass? As i know how to use FG but definitely dont have the equipment to plastic weld (I got taught how, just dont have any gear)

Bike
    Rmz450
    Quote Originally Posted by mattian View Post
    hell yes, bikes are much quicker through corners than cars because we can take the quickest line through them.
    i think youll find F1 cars are cars and they take pretty fast lines.went to see them at spa francochamps circuit in belgium.dont think youd keep up unless your last name is rossi or stoner.

Thread Information