Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride thread

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Real_Wolf View Post
    don't worry about doing your first group ride at night, I did. If you do go, just stick near enough to the person in front so you can see the corners clearly, its alot easier to do it when you have someone elses headlight in front of yours
    Fail advice. Ride your own ride.

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    Im gonna jump in here and hijack this thread (if noone minds) I need more biker friends my own age around Auckland... . When the weather is reasonable, I usually ride on the weekend, either days, sometimes both. I do more riding out south ways, because thats where I live, but I have no problems heading central if need be to meet with someone. I dont organise rides, too paranoid about bad things happening, but I can try to remember to post and say I am riding on a particular day and who else is keen. Otherwise PM me for my number and I'll send out a mass txt or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    You guys reckon i'm ready for SH16? If so...well if thursday looks sunny i want to join you guys...just hope i'm not too slow is all. otherwise i may organise a separate ride (slow pace, few people)
    If you want a group ride to get used to them, try SATNR, Ive never ridden with any of you, so arent sure of your skill levels, but we have a learner who is with us almost every week, and Im on my GN.. nuf said.

Fortnightly Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Cr1MiNaL View Post
    sigh, people with big mouths on here are always the ones with little or no skill.
    Roffle

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Quote Originally Posted by Thani-B View Post
    If you want a group ride to get used to them, try SATNR, Ive never ridden with any of you, so arent sure of your skill levels, but we have a learner who is with us almost every week, and Im on my GN.. nuf said.
    Trust me she'll be fine with us, I'm slow as.

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Im gonna jump in here and hijack this thread (if noone minds) I need more biker friends my own age around Auckland... . When the weather is reasonable, I usually ride on the weekend, either days, sometimes both. I do more riding out south ways, because thats where I live, but I have no problems heading central if need be to meet with someone. I dont organise rides, too paranoid about bad things happening, but I can try to remember to post and say I am riding on a particular day and who else is keen. Otherwise PM me for my number and I'll send out a mass txt or something.

We have a winner!

Nobody ever wants to come out south but maybe with the two of us we can convince them... One day, one day!

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    We have a winner!

Nobody ever wants to come out south but maybe with the two of us we can convince them... One day, one day!
    South is easier for me to get to than bloody Westgate. Let's face it, only one SMCer lives out west anyway.

At least out our neck of the woods we've got plenty of options available - Kaiaua, 22, Kawakawa, Miranda...

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyer View Post
    Trust me she'll be fine with us, I'm slow as.
    I should join you guys for a ride sometime. Gets a bit annoying being left behind by Din and III and all them.

Fortnightly Adventures

sigh, people with big mouths on here are always the ones with little or no skill.
    Roffle

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    South is easier for me to get to than bloody Westgate. Let's face it, only one SMCer lives out west anyway.

At least out our neck of the woods we've got plenty of options available - Kaiaua, 22, Kawakawa, Miranda...
    I should join you guys for a ride sometime. Gets a bit annoying being left behind by Din and III and all them.
    Oh oh oh someone pick a weekend day sometime and we'll drag the smc to our backyard for once!

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Oh is that where bloody Din has been hiding with his R1? No wonder I haven't seen him for so long. I might have to make an appearance then. Although first I'd need to convince Rob to ride his VFR for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    We have a winner!

Lol but south has the best roads! Ive been finding it hard to find good roads out west, in my 2 tries at test riding things from colemans. Would much prefer to head south on the test bikes.

Fortnightly Adventures

Roffle

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    Oh is that where bloody Din has been hiding with his R1? No wonder I haven't seen him for so long. I might have to make an appearance then. Although first I'd need to convince Rob to ride his VFR for a change.
    He hasnt been in a while though. Think hes been working overtime or something.

Fortnightly Adventures

Roffle

Bike
    I'd definitely be on the satnr if I didn't work

Thani, sounds good, reckon we could get a few of us at least for a pootle round south one weekend!

Bike
    Ninjaaaa!
    I'd definitely be on the satnr if I didn't work

Thani, sounds good, reckon we could get a few of us at least for a pootle round south one weekend!
    Sweet as. Looking forward to it. Just as long as the weather isnt like what it is today.

Fortnightly Adventures

Roffle

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Considering how you rode around Kaiaua, you're more than ready.
    That sounds good. I go on the pre-NASS ride but often it is too slow...last time i went was good though, mark and a guy on a gsxr were ahead of me, the pace was great. I kept losing the green kwaka behind me. Btw, i do not think of that as a race...i just looked behind and he had fallen back, then caught up again in the straights

As in moon sunny? Don't they do it at night lol?

Don't do your first group ride at night!
    daylight saving time begins on sunday, the start of tnr should be fairly light, and if we're just going back along SH1...but a weekend ride in the sun would be awesome.

sounds pretty cool, i may check out the thread

Bike
    THE XS is GONE, long live the across
    Blog Entries
    squiggles, I say that assuming the person in front is not pushing it beyond her limit, and it is a good idea due to the lack of headlight sight when going into a corner, you can't see the whole corner alot of the time

Bike
    Too many to count

stop blockin' the tubes!

epic rage at fail internet tonight - could only sit here and watch you retards post but couldn't reply

Quote Originally Posted by ital916 View Post
    I have never seen you carry a first aid kit. I carry on in my mac pac, and it aint small, so I dont know where you been hiding it....
    I've almost always got one on a ride, in my backpack.
    You gotta wear a fluro, its part n parcel with the job.
    lol
    Cones are great for cordoning off areas.
    wtf would i need to cordon off an area? two small ones won't achieve that
    You mean the confused panic where people wave at all and sundry coming towards a crash site. It has to be calm and organised....we should do an accident scene control course...hmmm not a bad idea actually.
    wtf are you on about? I attend an accident outside my house monthly and waving down traffic from either direction is the tried and proven method until the cops arrive.

ride accidents usually don't even have a need to slow traffic as firstly there isn't that much of it, secondly, the traffic slows at the sight of bikes parked in odd spots (and the biker waving them down), thirdly the bike is usually already clear from the road

now stfu

don't worry about doing your first group ride at night, I did. If you do go, just stick near enough to the person in front so you can see the corners clearly, its alot easier to do it when you have someone elses headlight in front of yours
    fucking idiot

She asks whether she would be alright to do sh16 and you think doing it for the first time and in a group that it would be good to do at night?

And you advise that she should try to rely on the rider in front of her?
    common sense prevails!

squiggles, I say that assuming the person in front is not pushing it beyond her limit, and it is a good idea due to the lack of headlight sight when going into a corner, you can't see the whole corner alot of the time
    all good unless they get ahead for any reason - at which point a rider tends to try to catch up to the light or slow right down; either way you're stuffed

And what about the rider ahead? who's he following? or is he just blindly riding into the night?

let's not also forget how much things can change at night; biggest issue we can't reliably see half the surface "defects" and debris, then we often can't see all of the corner ahead of us, we get blinded by glare from countless sources, we're more tired/fatigued than we would be for a day ride, and finally, it's potentially much harder to locate a downed rider and/or assess problems with broken bikes (or riders)

hey, westgate rides service both the westies, north shoreians and centralites - rob is stuffed nomatter where we go for a ride unless it specifically goes past karaka

you named two rides there - might pay to add the hunuas

meanwhile, out west we have the waitakeres - scenic drive, huia, piha/lone kauri, bethells, mountain rd, swanson, waitakere - plus sh16 (north of helensville), south head, riverhead, woodcocks and then for teh return trip sh1 makes a nice cruise with some good sets (especially if you avoid the new motorway)

Thread Information