Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride thread

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    ride accidents usually don't even have a need to slow traffic as firstly there isn't that much of it, secondly, the traffic slows at the sight of bikes parked in odd spots (and the biker waving them down), thirdly the bike is usually already clear from the road

now stfu

fucking idiot
    Having attended a few crashes I can say people panic. I wasnt talking about you, andrew. Not everything I say revolves around you. As for the cones....sarcasm doesnt carry well over the interweeb. I was just jokin bout the vest and cones as it would be cool seing a safety officer dress over the top as a safety officer.

As for real wolfs advice, it may be fail but dont be such a cunt about it dude. Man you can be real little shitball sometimes.

Real wolf as well intentioned as that advice was, sticking to the rider in front even if they arent going hard is bad. Different riders and different bikes take different lines.

If the bike in front likes to go close to the center line and danae follows and finds herself over it, its not a good place to be; especially mid corner at night.

Danae, I dont recommend riding at night on the open road especially at night no matter how full the moon. The open road is essentially unlit meaning you have to rely on your own riding awareness and bikes headlights. If your skills arent up to scratch you might miss something bad, be it gravel mid corner, changing road condition etc.

Stick to day and DONT group ride for you first few times on the open road. If you are really keen, you, stephen and I will go with you on the open road (or any other combo of rider) but keep it either one on one or with two people accompanying you.

You are getting better every day but dont get complacent.

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Just putting it out there... I believe that Danae has done a fair bit of open road riding already anyway. She caught up with us at lunch on my Kaiaua ride, then went back via Hunuas with Jafa, roads that are a lot more technical than sh16. And Danae has been joining the pre-NASS group rides.

I didn't realise daylight saving's this weekend, so if it's actually light for the ride then I have nothing to say, just ride your own ride, as always.

P.S. People are allowed to be shitballs when it comes to advice... This is advice that learners may take to heart and put straight into practice. (Not just singling your advice out here RW, just in general).

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    you named two rides there - might pay to add the hunuas

meanwhile, out west we have the waitakeres - scenic drive, huia, piha/lone kauri, bethells, mountain rd, swanson, waitakere - plus sh16 (north of helensville), south head, riverhead, woodcocks and then for teh return trip sh1 makes a nice cruise with some good sets (especially if you avoid the new motorway)
    Psst... There isn't just one way to get to Miranda - the Hunuas is one way (I didn't mention it due to my inability to spell it until I sobered up) but there are plenty of other good roads out there - unfortunately while I can always remember a road, I can never remember names. Try straying off the beaten track occasionally.

Most of those you named out west are just lunchtime-long trips - not "rides".

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Danae, me and Jafa will come grab you one day and we'll do 16.
    These guys will ruin the fun out of anything.

Oh and Dushy, just because you've crashed so many times doesn't mean she will.
    She has scooter experience and knows exactly what bad traction is.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    Just putting it out there... I believe that Danae has done a fair bit of open road riding already anyway. She caught up with us at lunch on my Kaiaua ride, then went back via Hunuas with Jafa, roads that are a lot more technical than sh16. And Danae has been joining the pre-NASS group rides.

I didn't realise daylight saving's this weekend, so if it's actually light for the ride then I have nothing to say, just ride your own ride, as always.

P.S. People are allowed to be shitballs when it comes to advice... This is advice that learners may take to heart and put straight into practice. (Not just singling your advice out here RW, just in general).
    sh16 is a good road to learn on, peak and old north are alright too. A few tight corners but mainly flows well. Id stay away from woodcocks for now as it can be pretty treacherous with moss and other crap on very tight corners, blind and off camber corners.

sh16 through old north and peak then back on sh16 is good, then onto waipu if danae is keen. Have fun.

Bike
    Your Face
    Just ride by yourself
    The world will look up and shout "Save Us!", and I'll whisper "no"

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    I've been to kaiaua three times, me n jafa didn't go back through hunua but i have ridden that road before. shelly beach too. pre-nass ride a fair few times...it's interesting riding a road you sorta know; there is one turn near there end with a barrier along the inside. although i enter near the centerline it still looks like it's gonna hit me in the head

i'd love to go on a ride with you guys, but i reckon we should keep it as within the smc as we can

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by NC View Post
    Just ride by yourself
    tlr......mmmmmmmmmm I love tlrs , too expensive though. People ask ridiculous amounts of money for em.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post

i'd love to go on a ride with you guys, but i reckon we should keep it as within the smc as we can
    Bah! Nonsense, ride with different people when you are confident, that way you'll make plenty of friends.

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    I've been to kaiaua three times, me n jafa didn't go back through hunua but i have ridden that road before. shelly beach too. pre-nass ride a fair few times...it's interesting riding a road you sorta know; there is one turn near there end with a barrier along the inside. although i enter near the centerline it still looks like it's gonna hit me in the head

Yeah definitely. Well if you're free sunday and the weather looks good post it up

Bike
    Your Face
    Quote Originally Posted by ital916 View Post
    tlr......mmmmmmmmmm I love tlrs , too expensive though. People ask ridiculous amounts of money for em.
    Cause they are an awesome bike, that's why they ask heaps for them
    The world will look up and shout "Save Us!", and I'll whisper "no"

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    i'll be in welly on sunday morning, but the next weekend...

fuck ur rules
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    '08 DR650
    SH16 ftl.

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    SH16 ftl.
    Yeah, Mr Adventure rider needs more gravel.

Thread Information