Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride thread

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850

Angry Ride thread

Last time I checked the club flyer at uni it said regular rides/fix-its etc.

Here's a thread to suggest any dates/rides if you haven't made a decision yet and therefore don't wanna post up a whole new thread.

It can also be used to organise any short-notice rides if you wanna see whether a couple of others are keen.

RIDE THIS FRIDAY 16TH APRIL:

Quote Originally Posted by EyepatchAucklander
    Time: 0900
    Place: BP Autobahn, Papakura
    Who: Awesome people
    Why: Coro looooop

Disclaimer: The SMC takes no liability for anyone who bins on this ride, as they clearly were not awesome enough to meet the posted entry requirements.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Wanna ride to erotica on Sunday?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Wanna ride to erotica on Sunday?
    I'm also sick of commuting. I'll ride anywhere outta Auckland on Sunday and we can still try and get the locals naked though. For free too!

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Now we can has moar arguments about where to ride, why to ride, when to ride, whether it is permissible to ride in opne face helmet, and whether ride is on SMC time or mortal time.

EDIT: And watermelons. We can has epic arguments about watermelons. Will there be watermelons on the ride? And will they be wearing full face helmets?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Now we can has moar arguments about where to ride, why to ride, when to ride, whether it is permissible to ride in opne face helmet, and whether ride is on SMC time or mortal time.

EDIT: And watermelons. We can has epic arguments about watermelons. Will there be watermelons on the ride? And will they be wearing full face helmets?
    I'd hope no open-face helmets show up for an open-road ride. Watermelons at half-time

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Ah, that is me and scrap iron out then, cos in 1958 full face helmets hadn't been invented.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F

if i recall correctly, you all voted agaisnt an events organiser at the last AGM.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    if i recall correctly, you all voted agaisnt an events organiser at the last AGM.
    Everybody should organise something sometime!

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Ah, that is me and scrap iron out then, cos in 1958 full face helmets hadn't been invented.
    still using coconuts and and flax back then huh?
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    THE XS is GONE, long live the across
    Blog Entries
    some of us don't organise stuff cause its too much effort, and theres more interesting things to be doing.

Also some of us can't be bothered checking whether the weather will be nice.

Finally, some of us actually try to go on the SMCTNR occasionally, so if your complaining about 'no regular rides', try coming to that for once

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    What days you got free for riding rob ?

Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Too many to count
    Brown Fury is good to go! just needs a few days of sun to commute in to run in the new topend and she'll be sweet

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Real_Wolf View Post
    some of us don't organise stuff cause its too much effort, and theres more interesting things to be doing.

Also some of us can't be bothered checking whether the weather will be nice.

Finally, some of us actually try to go on the SMCTNR occasionally, so if your complaining about 'no regular rides', try coming to that for once
    Too much effort to click on a website to check weather, and post up a thread?

Yep and some of us work evenings and sh16 in the dark doesn't really appeal to us anyway.

I'm not complaining about no regular rides, I'm complaining about not even the occasional ride. And by ride I mean during the day on a weekend.

But that's exactly it
    The only amount of effort is that of the commitment to the ride. Picking the weather ain't hard www.metvuw.com, picking the ride ain't hard you can even leave it to be decided when ya meet, and that's all there is to it.

We had about 12 riders last time, it was awesome. But honestly if I hadn't been the organiser then I would not have come as I was shattered.

All I'm saying is that I know people are keen as mustard to ride, and all it takes is a date/idea to get one started up, it's more about the initiation than the organisation, I organised diddly squat on that last ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    What days you got free for riding rob ?
    My options are loosely Friday through to Sunday.

Bike
    THE XS is GONE, long live the across
    Blog Entries
    yeah, i'm just incredibly lazy

Thread Information